Shopping Jack Eichel: Minnesota

dudacek

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

According to the Athletic, Kaprizov is telling the Wild he wants to see a big move for a centre before he’s willing to commit long term.

Will that affect Guerin’s offer?

Already making roster construction demands after his rookie season?  He must really love it in Minnesota.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Minnesota is a team that is consistently in the mix to just make the playoffs. they have a couple of terrible contracts that are holding them back. 

I hope kaprizov stays there because he is a big star for them but i dislike the demands thing. I dont see them having room on the cap for a true #1 center salary 

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Uncertainty? Nahhhh

We passed on this for Jack Quinn.  🙄  I'm okay with acquiring him as the center of an Eichel trade, with Khustnutdinov would be huge prospect additions.  Aside from other pieces.

Just now, TheCerebral1 said:

We passed on this for Jack Quinn.  🙄  I'm okay with acquiring him as the center of an Eichel trade, with Khustnutdinov would be huge prospect additions.  Aside from other pieces.

Yup we passed on him because he's 5'9" and because Quinn had 52 goals. 

It's why I am extremely skeptical of the draft room and hope that Karmanos and Ventura have more say. That said as always, Jack Quinn will probably still be an NHL player. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yup we passed on him because he's 5'9" and because Quinn had 52 goals. 

It's why I am extremely skeptical of the draft room and hope that Karmanos and Ventura have more say. That said as always, Jack Quinn will probably still be an NHL player. 

My thoughts exactly, they also demoted Nightengale, who was in charge of amateur scouting last year.   So, things are "trending up".

1 minute ago, TheCerebral1 said:

My thoughts exactly, they also demoted Nightengale, who was in charge of amateur scouting last year.   So, things are "trending up".

I don't trust Nightingale in the draft room. He's been here too long and they have made too many head shaking picks for me to either trust he knows what he is doing or trust that he's able to persuade ppl. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't trust Nightingale in the draft room. He's been here too long and they have made too many head shaking picks for me to either trust he knows what he is doing or trust that he's able to persuade ppl. 

Let me introduce you to Kevin Devine 

3 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

Can we stop bailing on Jack Quinn because of a guy who has never set foot in NHL ice? I get it. The perception is bad and the Sabres never do the right thing but we have no clue. If Quinn is as good as or better than Rossi everyone who ***** on him better get Jack Quinn face tattoos.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

Can we stop bailing on Jack Quinn because of a guy who has never set foot in NHL ice? I get it. The perception is bad and the Sabres never do the right thing but we have no clue. If Quinn is as good as or better than Rossi everyone who ***** on him better get Jack Quinn face tattoos.

Really all depends on Jack Quinn. 

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Quinn, Rossi, impartial judgement, the ides of March. Fingers crossed the premature outrage is misguided and incorrect. For our sake.

The most likely outcome is Rossi is what Rossi was always going to be, I really good player and probably top line center. Jack Quinn ends up as a 50pt 2 way 2nd line winger. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The most likely outcome is Rossi is what Rossi was always going to be, I really good player and probably top line center. Jack Quinn ends up as a 50pt 2 way 2nd line winger. 

Thankfully prospects and their development are a straight line so we can say things like “Rossi is what Rossi was always going to be.”

Just now, Hoss said:

Thankfully prospects and their development are a straight line so we can say things like “Rossi is what Rossi was always going to be.”

Ahh sarcasm

Rossi projected at the time of the draft out to a 90 point first line center. Guess we will find out and then can revisit this. 

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Ahh sarcasm

Rossi projected at the time of the draft out to a 90 point first line center. Guess we will find out and then can revisit this. 

If he projected to be a 90 point first line center he would’ve been the runaway first overall pick.

I, too, believe Rossi is, was and will be the better prospect. I would’ve preferred him in the draft but I’m not going to center my outrage on the pick until there’s meaningful evidence (which will take several years) because it’s useless and out of our control now.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

If he projected to be a 90 point first line center he would’ve been the runaway first overall pick.

I, too, believe Rossi is, was and will be the better prospect. I would’ve preferred him in the draft but I’m not going to center my outrage on the pick until there’s meaningful evidence (which will take several years) because it’s useless and out of our control now.

Literally no one is outraged except you. No one. I see no outrage here except you over ppl lamenting Rossi

24 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think you know that when Liger says “projected out to” that he literally means projects according to a statical analysis system.

You know, all the fancy charts and stuff!

Edited by Curt

I think most of the outrage comes from people who thought Rossi was a top 5 pick and Quinn maybe a 10-12.

Nothing has happened since to change their minds, except Rossi not being a top 5 pick and Quinn getting picked at 8.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think most of the outrage comes from people who thought Rossi was a top 5 pick and Quinn maybe a 10-12.

Nothing has happened since to change their minds, except Rossi not being a top 5 pick and Quinn getting picked at 8.

I’m not outraged exactly, but yeah, that’s how I feel.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.