Suitors for Reinhart?

GASabresIUFAN

When you travel around the internet, it is interesting (if not surprising) how many GMs included “adding a top 6 forward” in their list of off-season to-dos at their wrap-up.

It is also interesting how many fan bases are openly speculating about Sam Reinhart being that piece. He’s of an age that fits with most team’s windows, his contract is something you can work with, he’s got position and role flexibility, he’s very productive, very reliable and has a good reputation. The Insiders have indicated there is a ton of respect for and interest in Reinhart around the league — we’ve been getting a lot of calls.

Personally, I hope the Sabres sign Reinhart to a long-term deal. But it is hard to deny that he is shaping up as a rare sell-high opportunity for us this summer.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, dudacek said:

When you travel around the internet, it is interesting (if not surprising) how many GMs included “adding a top 6 forward” in their list of off-season to-dos at their wrap-up.

It is also interesting how fan bases are openly speculating about Sam Reinhart being that piece. He’s of an age that fits with most team’s windows, his contract is something you can work with, he’s got position and role flexibility, he’s very productive, very reliable and has a good reputation. The Insiders have indicated there is a ton of respect for and interest in Reinhart around the league -we’ve been getting a lot of calls.

Personally, I hope the Sabres sign Reinhart to a long-term deal. But it is hard to deny that he is shaping up as a rare sell-high opportunity for us this summer.

All of this. Prior to the Eichel rumblings/departure Samson was our one piece to shake things up for a lot of value. That’s still true but the return might net a different direction than it would’ve two months ago.

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Friedman seems to have us moving Reinhart all over. First he said Merzlikins, now he's saying LA actually wants Sam and maybe not Jack or maybe it's both. Sometimes I think Friedman is just an old lady gossip. 

I mean he literally is “old lady gossip” and never presents himself as anything else. He said from the beginning he was making the Merzlikins thing up and that it was a concept.

Edited by Hoss
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I mean he literally is “old lady gossip” and never presents himself as anything else. He said from the beginning he was making the Merzlikins thing up and that it was a concept.

I don’t regard any of these puffballs opinions very highly considering they are opinions in general.

Add the source into the equation and ho boy.

I’ll trust your opinion on this though. How do these folks end up with the gig? No inside scoop. Nothing new on the outside angle. 
 @Brawndohas better takes and he does it for free!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I don’t regard any of these puffballs opinions very highly considering they are opinions in general.

Add the source into the equation and ho boy.

I’ll trust your opinion on this though. How do these folks end up with the gig? No inside scoop. Nothing new on the outside angle. 
 @Brawndohas better takes and he does it for free!

They have plenty of inside sources. That’s where they get to these points. They’ve made it very clear that what they do is take what they’re hearing around the league and report it.

Say Jack is traded to the Golden Knights. That doesn’t mean their reports that the Kings were hot and cold on Eichel were false. That doesn’t mean reported interest by the Rangers and Ducks was false. Transactions in pro sports almost always go on a very winding road before they are final. So when a guy reports that one team is interested and then a few weeks later says another team is interested it may all be true (it also may all be false or partially false). Same goes for Reinhart and the Merzlikins and the report on the Kings being interested. I don’t know why anyone would think those two things couldn’t be speculated on simultaneously.

I think Sam has a higher value than Jack. He has shown a consistent ability to be on the ice, has demonstrated improvement each year, has excelled during Granato’s tenure, has shown he can be a decent 1C, and is cheaper than Jack. I can’t blame him for vocalizing he’s sick of losing. Would anyone on here say otherwise?

10 minutes ago, kas23 said:

I think Sam has a higher value than Jack. He has shown a consistent ability to be on the ice, has demonstrated improvement each year, has excelled during Granato’s tenure, has shown he can be a decent 1C, and is cheaper than Jack. I can’t blame him for vocalizing he’s sick of losing. Would anyone on here say otherwise?

That’s insane. No, Samson Reinhart does not have more value than Jack Eichel. But it does arouse me a little bit thinking about getting a huge package for both.

• Like (+1) 1

Perused around the twitterverse to see if I could gauge how some fans value Samson:

Note: Zacha is only a year and half younger than Samson.

Other teams with fans who mentioned interest: Golden Knights, Canucks, Flames, Blue Jackets, Flyers (several), Avalanche, Bruins, Kings, Wild (several), Canadiens, Ducks, Oilers.

Obviously fans don’t represent actual NHL GMs but if this is reflective of the interest that haul should be massive. Eichel will still get a better return because he is a clear cut number one center and an elite one.

31 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That’s insane. No, Samson Reinhart does not have more value than Jack Eichel. But it does arouse me a little bit thinking about getting a huge package for both.

Best ability is availability and Jack doesn’t have that. Sam and Jack essentially broke into league at the same time, but Sam has played 79 more games. 

Edited by kas23

33 minutes ago, Hoss said:

(it also may all be false or partially false)

This part has always been clear to me (that’s why I tuned out long ago). 

I guess I also understand how they get  those gigs so I guess my real issue is why anyone cares until it happens. 

I know that fanatics care but it seems comparable to wondering how you will die to me. 

Just now, inkman said:

Apparently Paul Hamilton went on Vancouver radio to assail his character as always because Sam doesn’t answer Paul’s questions the way he’d like.

What a complete sack of Sh$t Paul Hamilton is. Actively carrying on his personal vendetta against Reinhart in markets that are interested in him. If I was the Sabres I would ban Hamilton from the arena.  The guy is a horrible reporter.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, inkman said:

Apparently Paul Hamilton went on Vancouver radio to assail his character as always because Sam doesn’t answer Paul’s questions the way he’d like.

Thanks a lot, Paul.

You know that stuff about the market sure seems to be ringing true with Sam and Jack.

Jack is a $50 million investment with questions about his leadership and health. Not everyone is going to step up to the plate.

Sam is a blank slate contract with a history of being reasonable and no character or health questions whatsoever. Sounds like half the league is knocking at our door.

I know I'm going to be disappointed with Jack's return.

I think we might be pleasantly surprised by Sam's

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You know that stuff about the market sure seems to be ringing true with Sam and Jack.

Jack is a $50 million investment with questions about his leadership and health. Not everyone is going to step up to the plate.

Sam is a blank slate contract with a history of being reasonable and no character or health questions whatsoever. Sounds like half the league is knocking at our door.

I know I'm going to be disappointed with Jack's return.

I think we might be pleasantly surprised by Sam's

I wanna keep Sam but if someone likes him as much as Washington liked Mantha we might be a better team for it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/12/2021 at 6:58 PM, Hoss said:

They have plenty of inside sources. That’s where they get to these points. They’ve made it very clear that what they do is take what they’re hearing around the league and report it.

Say Jack is traded to the Golden Knights. That doesn’t mean their reports that the Kings were hot and cold on Eichel were false. That doesn’t mean reported interest by the Rangers and Ducks was false. Transactions in pro sports almost always go on a very winding road before they are final. So when a guy reports that one team is interested and then a few weeks later says another team is interested it may all be true (it also may all be false or partially false). Same goes for Reinhart and the Merzlikins and the report on the Kings being interested. I don’t know why anyone would think those two things couldn’t be speculated on simultaneously.

For what?  Krebs, and Glass, and two firsts, and Tuch?

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

What did he say?

Paul Hamilton should know what a douchebag.  All he has to do is look in the mirror, so it's easy for him to assess that manner of being. 

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

What did he say?

“He would be in my top 5 most difficult players to deal with. He is not a very nice person.... He always seems like he’s in a growly mood no matter who he’s dealing with. I’ve seen him be extremely rude with team personnel also.”  --This is according to another board.

Here is the interview:  https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/peoples-show/paul-hamilton-canucks-linked-sam-reinhart-possible-sabres-moves/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.