Suitors for Reinhart?

GASabresIUFAN

Kennedy at the THN before the deadline mentioned Fla, Edm and Az as possible destinations for Reinhart.  An LA writer wants Sam instead of Jack to play RW with their crop of young centers.   

I'm thinking that any deal for Sam will likely involve 3 pieces, a primary piece, a draft pick, and a cap casualty.  Sending him to Edm interests me.  I want Puljujarvi.  We'll need to replace Sam's goal scoring and I think this kid has finally figured it out.  I can also see Kassian as the cap casualty in the deal.  What's the 3rd peice.

Any interest in Johnny Hockey for Samson?

What would an LA trade look like? Sam and a 2nd for Quick, Turcotte and a 1st? 

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Kennedy at the THN before the deadline mentioned Fla, Edm and Az as possible destinations for Reinhart.  An LA writer wants Sam instead of Jack to play RW with their crop of young centers.   

I'm thinking that any deal for Sam will likely involve 3 pieces, a primary piece, a draft pick, and a cap casualty.  Sending him to Edm interests me.  I want Puljujarvi.  We'll need to replace Sam's goal scoring and I think this kid has finally figured it out.  I can also see Kassian as the cap casualty in the deal.  What's the 3rd peice.

Apparently he wants to go to the flyers dont know if true. 

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think Vancouver and Calgary make a lot of sense to target in a Samson deal. Guys like Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk, Rasmus Andersson, Boeser, Horvat and JT Miller come to mind. Those are places I think he’d be interested in since it gets him closer to home and we don’t take a steep talent drop off. For some of those guys we’d have to add to the deal and/or get contracts worked out.

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

The Sabres should be a suitor for a consistent 50pt player. 

I agree.  IMHO if you trade Jack you need to commit to Sam and give him the 1C job.  That means a 7 year extension.  That said I don't think he wants to stay. 

The other options are to trade both or tell Jack to suck it up, trade Sam and use the proceeds and cap space to fix the rest of the team.  I not for trading both, but I do think this is a very possible even likely outcome for this off-season.  If this happens a top 6 RW and top 6 center must come back in the deals.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I agree.  IMHO if you trade Jack you need to commit to Sam and give him the 1C job.  That means a 7 year extension.  That said I don't think he wants to stay. 

The other options are to trade both or tell Jack to suck it up, trade Sam and use the proceeds and cap space to fix the rest of the team.  I not for trading both, but I do think this is a very possible even likely outcome for this off-season.  If this happens a top 6 RW and top 6 center must come back in the deals.  

I agree. I want Jack gone. I’m bored and think if they were to get the right pieces in that deal it could set this team up for a long time. But ideally you keep Samson and have him as a core part of righting the ship. If he doesn’t want to extend long-term, though, I’m shipping him out of town as well.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The Sabres should be a suitor for a consistent 50pt player. 

As a person who was told "EW" when I was given partners in square dancing during gym in school, I can confidently say this is immaterial if the person isn't interested.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

No scenario where we keep both?

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Sure both are under our control for now, but if Sam is only willing to sign a one year deal KA may have no choice but to trade him.  Jack is easy to keep.  He has a contract.  

That said do we want a miserable Jack as Captain of the team?  My hope is that  we get goaltending, the kids continue to mature and we become competitive next season and Jack’s attitude, if kept, improves.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Not unless you want to keep losing............

I can see Calgary and Vancouver both being interested in Reinhart but the cap will be tricky (especially for Vancouver) and any deal probably has conditional aspects dependent on them signing him longer term. 

Not sure if there's an Edmonton deal. They need D help, maybe if we shop Risto with him. I have no issue taking back Zack Kassian as a cap dump from them as proposed above. It's not that much and we need truculence 🙂

Prepare to be disappointed in any deal. Prepare for futures or picks as the basis for any deal. Team looking to get either guy arent going to want to give up high quality roster players for either because they will be trying to get better now with those guys. And because everyone knows those guys are upset and want out, other teams are going to use that to their advantage.

• Thanks (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not unless you want to keep losing............

I can see Calgary and Vancouver both being interested in Reinhart but the cap will be tricky (especially for Vancouver) and any deal probably has conditional aspects dependent on them signing him longer term. 

Not sure if there's an Edmonton deal. They need D help, maybe if we shop Risto with him. I have no issue taking back Zack Kassian as a cap dump from them as proposed above. It's not that much and we need truculence 🙂

Kassian is useless. 

• Like (+1) 2

Sam Reinhart is 25.

He was the 10th leading goal scorer in the NHL last year, and among the top dozen highest point-scoring RWs and the top 50 scoring players period since Jan. 1 2018. He also showed compelling evidence of having the ability to be a top 6 centre.

His past three years pro-rated over 82 games:

• 22 43 65
  • 26 33 59
  • 38 22 60

I would be very much surprised if there is not a wide range of suitors for either a futures deal or a hockey deal.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

Brayden Schenn was a 26-year-old C/W when he was traded from Philly to St. Louis.

He had just put up seasons of 45, 59 and 55 points.

He was traded for 2 first-rounders.

Ryan O’Reilly was a 24-year-old C/W when he was traded from Colorado to Buffalo.

He had just put up seasons of 56 (prorated) 64 and 55 points.

He was traded for two recent 1st rounders, a recent 2nd rounder and a 2nd

Matt Duchene was a 26-year-old C/W when he was traded from Colorado to Ottawa

He had just put up seasons of 55, 59 and 41 points

He was traded for a recent 1st rounder, 2 recent 2nd rounders, a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd.

The comparables show Adams has a valuable asset. He better not ***** it up.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

It sucks everything we built is going to be gone. 

We are losing our best players because we have not built a damm thing in 10 years.  We are in last place again, that is four times since the year prior to drafting Reinhart.  No wonder he wants out.  

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

It sucks everything we built is going to be gone. 

What exactly have we built?  A large pile of stinking garbage.  

I do think there is hope from the organizational depth that exist for the first time in a decade, but sadly Jack and Samson don't see it that way.  F-'em. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

He literally called him a cap dump, nobody is getting excited about it

I called him a cap casualty, but cap dump is more appropriate. 

38 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Brayden Schenn was a 26-year-old C/W when he was traded from Philly to St. Louis.

He had just put up seasons of 45, 59 and 55 points.

He was traded for 2 first-rounders.

Ryan O’Reilly was a 24-year-old C/W when he was traded from Colorado to Buffalo.

He had just put up seasons of 56 (prorated) 64 and 55 points.

He was traded for two recent 1st rounders, a recent 2nd rounder and a 2nd

Matt Duchene was a 26-year-old C/W when he was traded from Colorado to Ottawa

He had just put up seasons of 55, 59 and 41 points

He was traded for a recent 1st rounder, 2 recent 2nd rounders, a 1st, a 2nd and a 3rd.

The comparables show Adams has a valuable asset. He better not ***** it up.

Thanks for posting the comparables. Do you know is there is a hockey trade type comparable?

Ryan Johanson for Seth Jones is the closest hockey trade I remember.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.