Suitors for Reinhart?

GASabresIUFAN

On 6/18/2021 at 8:59 AM, LGR4GM said:

You know what's weird, I think the official pick would still be 32 even though you are right it would actually be 31st player. 

Yep, good call. When the Devils forfeited a 3rd in 2011 (originally a 1st, too, but that was reduced (Kovalchuk)), pick 69 was "skipped"

https://www.nhl.com/news/2011-nhl-entry-draft-selections/c-567057

39 minutes ago, sabrefanday1 said:

just read where Sportsnet are saying Vancouver may offer their #9 pick for Sam...I don't think that is enough even though they are acting like it is. 

As of right now, Reinhart is basically a 1 year rental.  Is one year of Reinhart worth more than  the #9 pick?

If a team is able to negotiate a long term extension beforehand then that changes things.

10 minutes ago, Curt said:

As of right now, Reinhart is basically a 1 year rental.  Is one year of Reinhart worth more than  the #9 pick?

If a team is able to negotiate a long term extension beforehand then that changes things.

I’m sure the Sabres will allow them to negotiate a long term deal to increase the return. 

10 minutes ago, freester said:

I’m sure the Sabres will allow them to negotiate a long term deal to increase the return. 

Yeah, I’m sure Sabres would.  Does Reinhart want to sign a long term deal though?  He doesn’t need to.

He could just ride out a year in Buffalo, or new team, see how that goes, then go to UFA in a year, when the economic situation might be looking even better, and have all teams bidding for his services.

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 5:09 AM, Curt said:

Ryan Nugent Hopkins 8 years 41 million cause he wanted to stay in Edmonton long term. Would Sam want to stay in Vancouver long term? Probably. Don't think he'd ever sign here for a number like that but maybe there. 

On 6/20/2021 at 8:33 AM, Curt said:

Yeah, I’m sure Sabres would.  Does Reinhart want to sign a long term deal though?  He doesn’t need to.

He could just ride out a year in Buffalo, or new team, see how that goes, then go to UFA in a year, when the economic situation might be looking even better, and have all teams bidding for his services.

Or he gets seriously injured trying to ride out one year, and loses out on a lot of cash monies. 

It's a big mistake if we trade Sam and Jack from our top line without getting back players that can step into the lineup with 1st line potential.  Picks in this year's draft are exciting but no one is going to play this year for the Sabres in my opinion.  It's a long wait for fans to get to see them develop.  I'm all for getting a 1st round pick but would rather have a A+ prospect ready to step in next season.

Worst case sign Sam to a 1 year deal (if we are forced to) and trade him at the deadline for 2022 1st and prospect.

Edited by Digger
spelling

58 minutes ago, Digger said:

It's a big mistake if we trade Sam and Jack from our top line without getting back players that can step into the lineup with 1st line potential.  Picks in this year's draft are exciting but no one is going to play this year for the Sabres in my opinion.  It's a long wait for fans to get to see them develop.  I'm all for getting a 1st round pick but would rather have a A+ prospect ready to step in next season.

Worst case sign Sam to a 1 year deal (if we are forced to) and trade him at the deadline for 2022 1st and prospect.

Welcome aboard!

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Or he gets seriously injured trying to ride out one year, and loses out on a lot of cash monies. 

A possibility, though a very remote one.

This might sound strange but I think that type of “risk” is a lot easier to take for young, unmarried, childless guys.  

Chad DeDominicis was doing a mock offseason with His Co Host Anthony, there were two scenarios proposed regarding Reinhart’s Future. 

The First was a 3 year 7.5 Million Contract Extension with a Full NMC for Samson with the Sabres. 

The Second was Reinhart to LA for 8OA, Turcotte and Quick. 

The second option was chosen with the Sabres getting Power, Elkund( 3rd OA) and MacTavish with the 8OA Pick. 

The Eichel Trade was to Anaheim for 3OA, Comtois, Dostal and Lacombe. 

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Chad DeDominicis was doing a mock offseason with His Co Host Anthony, there were two scenarios proposed regarding Reinhart’s Future. 

The First was a 3 year 7.5 Million Contract Extension with a Full NMC for Samson with the Sabres. 

The Second was Reinhart to LA for 8OA, Turcotte and Quick. 

The second option was chosen with the Sabres getting Power, Elkund( 3rd OA) and MacTavish with the 8OA Pick. 

The Eichel Trade was to Anaheim for 3OA, Comtois, Dostal and Lacombe. 

That Anaheim deal is definitely a step down from my stance of needing an elite-level prospect but at this point I’m ready for it. Quick actually interests me as a guy that could try to revive his career and a space filler in net. Comtois and Turcotte likely slot in immediately. So three “now” pieces. Ideally you get another vet in there, though.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That Anaheim deal is definitely a step down from my stance of needing an elite-level prospect but at this point I’m ready for it. Quick actually interests me as a guy that could try to revive his career and a space filler in net. Comtois and Turcotte likely slot in immediately. So three “now” pieces. Ideally you get another vet in there, though.

He hasn't been good in 3 seasons, there's no reviving him.  His career is over and counting on him for anything other than a start every 8 games is how you miss the playoffs yet again. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Digger said:

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

You're not getting that at the deadline. Not a chance. 

I'm going to disagree.  I think we could get a 1st and a prospect for him.

in 2020 JG Pageau went for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the deadline and Jason Zucker went for Galchenyuk, Addison and a 1st.

2 hours ago, Digger said:

Welcome to the forum.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He hasn't been good in 3 seasons, there's no reviving him.  His career is over and counting on him for anything other than a start every 8 games is how you miss the playoffs yet again. 

Nobody said anything about counting on him and I wouldn't expect much for him, at all. I wouldn't be shocked if his response to the trade would be to either demand another trade or just retire. But players have revived their careers in worse circumstances.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Nobody said anything about counting on him and I wouldn't expect much for him, at all. I wouldn't be shocked if his response to the trade would be to either demand another trade or just retire. But players have revived their careers in worse circumstances.

MAF for example.  3.02 w a .909 in his last year in Pitt.  However Quick has been lousy for 3 years and while I don't think he is starter material any longer, I think he'd be a step up from Hutton.

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

MAF for example.  3.02 w a .909 in his last year in Pitt.  However Quick has been lousy for 3 years and while I don't think he is starter material any longer, I think he'd be a step up from Hutton.

I don't WANT Quick ... but if he's a body in a trade to make salaries work/get a little more out of LA then I'm fine with it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.