Suitors for Reinhart?

GASabresIUFAN

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I called him a cap casualty, but cap dump is more appropriate. 

Thanks for posting the comparables. Do you know is there is a hockey trade type comparable?

Not really, at least not with such good comparables.

Dubois for Laine and Roslovic?

Jeff Carter for Jack Johnson and a first?

Domi for Anderson?

Mantha for Vrana, Panik (cap dump) 1st and a 2nd.

Lindholm plus for Dougie Hamilton plus?

23 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Not really, at least not with such good comparables.

Dubois for Laine and Roslovic?

Jeff Carter for Jack Johnson and a first?

Domi for Anderson?

Mantha for Vrana, Panik (cap dump) 1st and a 2nd.

Lindholm plus for Dougie Hamilton plus?

I do see many forward for D trades in the group especially when you add Johanson for Jones.  

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Kennedy at the THN before the deadline mentioned Fla, Edm and Az as possible destinations for Reinhart.  An LA writer wants Sam instead of Jack to play RW with their crop of young centers.   

I'm thinking that any deal for Sam will likely involve 3 pieces, a primary piece, a draft pick, and a cap casualty.  Sending him to Edm interests me.  I want Puljujarvi.  We'll need to replace Sam's goal scoring and I think this kid has finally figured it out.  I can also see Kassian as the cap casualty in the deal.  What's the 3rd peice.

Any interest in Johnny Hockey for Samson?

What would an LA trade look like? Sam and a 2nd for Quick, Turcotte and a 1st? 

Friedman mentioned that interested teams could ask the Sabres for permission to speak with Reinhart’s Camp to increase the return. 

The idea of Turcotte as part of a return is intriguing, he played for Tony Granato at Wisconsin. However if the Sabres are taking Quick as a salary dump, they should not have to include a 2nd Round Pick. 

If Reinhart and Eichel are both gone, I imagine the chances of a long term deal for Gaudreau are slim 

If Rhino won't sign, I'd trade him straight up for Konecny.

Without looking at salary caps of both teams...

Eichel, Risto, Rhino and Skinner (1m retained) for...

Provorov, Ghost (1m retained), Frost, Konecny, Myers, Foerster and a 1st in 2021.

Cozens, Frost, Mitts and Foerster down the middle in 3 years would be very nice. So nice you could move one to wing or trade one. Provorov is a bona fide 1D man (Chevy tried to get him for Laine but they wouldn't bite). Konecny is a very good winger and Quinn will be in a few years as well. Throw in Olof, Tage and the rest of the forwards in the system and you have a good group of forwards in 2-3 years and most around the same age.

You'd also be getting rid of 3 players (two in undesirable contract situations) that probably wouldn't object to a trade.

I'd sign Anderson and one of Brossoit or Smith for backup goalies.

I'd also get a coach with head coaching experience in the NHL but not Torts.

edit ... Play hardball with the upcoming RFAs. No need to offer them too much if they haven't proved anything.

If you don't make the playoffs next year with that lineup, you would start making them the year after.

Either that or I've smoked too much herb???

Did Duchene really get that much in a trade?

Edited by Ducky
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, dudacek said:

Sam Reinhart is 25.

He was the 10th leading goal scorer in the NHL last year, and among the top dozen highest point-scoring RWs and the top 50 scoring players period since Jan. 1 2018. He also showed compelling evidence of having the ability to be a top 6 centre.

His past three years pro-rated over 82 games:

• 22 43 65
  • 26 33 59
  • 38 22 60

I would be very much surprised if there is not a wide range of suitors for either a futures deal or a hockey deal.

11th in goals just to clarify but agree with the overall point

8 hours ago, Ducky said:

If Rhino won't sign, I'd trade him straight up for Konecny.

Without looking at salary caps of both teams...

Eichel, Risto, Rhino and Skinner (1m retained) for...

Provorov, Ghost, Frost (1m retained), Konecny, Myers, Foerster and a 1st in 2021.

Cozens, Frost, Mitts and Foerster down the middle in 3 years would be very nice. So nice you could move one to wing or trade one. Provorov is a bona fide 1D man (Chevy tried to get him for Laine but they wouldn't bite). Konecny is a very good winger and Quinn will be in a few years as well. Throw in Olof, Tage and the rest of the forwards in the system and you have a good group of forwards in 2-3 years and most around the same age.

You'd also be getting rid of 3 players (two in undesirable contract situations) that probably wouldn't object to a trade.

I'd sign Anderson and one of Brossoit or Smith for backup goalies.

I'd also get a coach with head coaching experience in the NHL but not Torts.

edit ... Play hardball with the upcoming RFAs. No need to offer them too much if they haven't proved anything.

If you don't make the playoffs next year with that lineup, you would start making them the year after.

Either that or I've smoked too much herb???

Did Duchene really get that much in a trade?

Ya, you've smoked too much, that would be a terrible deal 

Edited by Thorny
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JKB1646 said:

If for some reason Jack ends up staying in Buffalo, please noooo, he should have the C removed. Has this happened before in the Sabres organization? For sure in the league but can’t recall it in Buffalo.

My hope is that he stays and misses the first month after surgery and they do a nothing but alternates scenario. Take the pressure off him and just let him focus on his game.

Edited by StuckinFL

1 hour ago, JKB1646 said:

If for some reason Jack ends up staying in Buffalo, please noooo, he should have the C removed. Has this happened before in the Sabres organization? For sure in the league but can’t recall it in Buffalo.

Jim Schoenfeld was an excellent captain, he had the C removed and given to Danny Gare.  It was a surprise move and not at all popular at the time.  

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, StuckinFL said:

My hope is that he stays and misses the first month after surgery and they do a nothing but alternates scenario. Take the pressure off him and just let him focus on his game.

...... so you hope the team’s best player is out for a month?

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Jim Schoenfeld was an excellent captain, he had the C removed and given to Danny Gare.  It was a surprise move and not at all popular at the time.  

I read the Imlach book "Heaven and Hell in the NHL" and he (your namesake) said that Schoenfeld flat out refused to fight for his teammates after a few years. There was a cluster of players in the Sabres lockerroom, including Schoenfeld and Gare, who were dead set against Imlach. Funny thing is when they replaced Schoenfeld with Gare, Gare also betrayed Imlach and lobbied for his firing...so much so that Dodo had harsh words for Gare.  

Interesting take from veteran Athletic writer Eric Duhatschek:

“If I was L.A. and nervous about Eichel’s health, I would be prepared to part with both Alex Turcotte and Gabe Vilardi, two recent first-round picks, to bring in Reinhart.“

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

“If I was L.A. and nervous about Eichel’s health, I would be prepared to part with both Alex Turcotte and Gabe Vilardi, two recent first-round picks, to bring in Reinhart.“

I’d take the deal in a second 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

...... so you hope the team’s best player is out for a month?

From what it sounds like that's inevitable given the recovery time from the disk replacement given the earliest date that surgery can be started. I don't see front office budging on foregoing the full 12 week rehab period. 

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

Um. Yes. Now.

5 hours ago, Kong said:

I read the Imlach book "Heaven and Hell in the NHL" and he (your namesake) said that Schoenfeld flat out refused to fight for his teammates after a few years. There was a cluster of players in the Sabres lockerroom, including Schoenfeld and Gare, who were dead set against Imlach. Funny thing is when they replaced Schoenfeld with Gare, Gare also betrayed Imlach and lobbied for his firing...so much so that Dodo had harsh words for Gare.  

I don’t think that is the entire story either.   The story I heard is that Schoeny’s little daughter wanted to know why Daddy was fighting so much, so he tried to stop the fighting and just police the game.  Schoeny was always jumping into the fray to support his team but no doubt his number of fights went way down.  Add in that Schoeny was missing games to injury and that opened things up for Gare.  

Gare May not have liked Imlach after awhile, I don’t know that for sure, but Bowman did not like a whole bunch of them when he came to town.  Bowman traded Schoeny, Gare, Robert, McKegney, and Terry Martin.  The Schoeny trade was a major hit to the community, they showed him going to the airport on Eyewitness News.  

Bowman had words with Robert back on Team Canada, when Robert questioned the break up of the French Connection and he ended up sitting out games in the dog house.  When Bowman got to Buffalo he shipped Robert to Colorado, reuniting Robert with his AHL buddy the former player/coach of The Rochester Americans, Don Cherry.  

Gare, McKegney, and Terry Martin were bachelors.  Their life style and  late night antics were revealed to Bowman and they were goners as well.   

We had a lot of great players under these two GMs and hockey in Buffalo was fun.  

I think Benning’s statements are more smoke than fire.

They aren’t moving EP, Quinn, or Horvat. Moving Boeser or Miller is hard because it creates new holes. No one else is worth a significant return.

As far as the Sabres are concerned, Reinhart for their 1st rounder or Miller or Boeser might have some sense from a value perspective, Im not sure it makes sense from a team-building perspective, from either side.

Risto for Schmidt maybe?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.