Suitors for Reinhart?

GASabresIUFAN

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

4. A couple of other notes on Columbus: In their search for centres, I think they’ve talked to Buffalo about Sam Reinhart. The Sabres are looking at goalies; Joonas Korpisalo or Elvis Merzlikinswould be a sensible target. This theory of mine was received with mixed reactions when mentioned on last week’s podcast. No guarantee it happens because there will be other options for both teams, but they are sensible trade partners.

from 31 Thoughts 

Mixed reactions? The entire Sabres fanbase on mass called it the trash idea it is without significant adds from Columbus. 

It's a garbage idea. It's one of the dumbest trade ideas since ror.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Honestly, I'm about as sick of this whiny negative fanbase as I am of this whiny negative team. 

I mean ... you're kidding, right? This franchise has been in about as bad a position as any franchise in the history over ten years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I mean ... you're kidding, right? This franchise has been in about as bad a position as any franchise in the history over ten years.

No I'm not ***** kidding. The team sucks and the fans are whiny about every tiny thing that gets said. Team sucks and fans suck.

Jack Eichel could say hello, what nice weather at this point and fans would bitch about it. 

Sick of the fans and sick of this team. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Sam Reinhart says it was a rough season, fans bitch. Sam Reinhart plays center well, fans bitch. Sam Reinhart finishes with 25 goals in a short season fans bitch.

Reinhart could have scored 40 and the fans would bitch. 

Sick of listening to fans complain about ever tiny thing. The team sucks, everyone knows and nobody cares. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Sam Reinhart says it was a rough season, fans bitch. Sam Reinhart plays center well, fans bitch. Sam Reinhart finishes with 25 goals in a short season fans bitch.

Sick of listening to fans complain about ever tiny thing. The team sucks, everyone knows and nobody cares. 

Buffalo Sports Fans love to blame the good players when the team sucks.

And thats the difference between Sabres and Bills Twitter the latter is unconditional love even when they used to suck. 

And if you tweet or say something negative in an article about Josh Allen, be prepared for this the walking dead nyc GIF by ADWEEK

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Honestly, I'm about as sick of this whiny negative fanbase as I am of this whiny negative team. 

Sadly it's not just this fanbase. People are just negative in general these days. This place is pretty bad and even long time posters who don't have a track record of acting in a detrimental fashion have shown flashes of it. It is tiring..

I don't think people even realize how combative their interactions are these days.

The Sabres off-season is months long but on here their entire history is rehashed almost hourly it seems. I'm about ready to go enjoy summer and come back in the fall.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Buffalo Sports Fans love to blame the good players when the team sucks.

And thats the difference between Sabres and Bills Twitter the latter is unconditional love even when they used to suck. 

And if you tweet or say something negative in an article about Josh Allen, be prepared for this the walking dead nyc GIF by ADWEEK

When was the last time the Sabres has a Josh Allen? Hasek? Even then I don't remember anything nearly as crazy as everything going on with Allen. Honestly, I can't think of anyone who Buffalo  has embraced as wholeheartedly as Josh. Hell, I can't even remember a Sabre as well-loved and respected as the new and improved Jerry Hughes, and he probably doesn't even rank in the top five for the Bills anymore. 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

No I'm not ***** kidding. The team sucks and the fans are whiny about every tiny thing that gets said. Team sucks and fans suck.

Jack Eichel could say hello, what nice weather at this point and fans would bitch about it. 

Sick of the fans and sick of this team. 

You sound kind of ... whiny.

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Sadly it's not just this fanbase. People are just negative in general these days. This place is pretty bad and even long time posters who don't have a track record of acting in a detrimental fashion have shown flashes of it. It is tiring..

I don't think people even realize how combative their interactions are these days.

The Sabres off-season is months long but on here their entire history is rehashed almost hourly it seems. I'm about ready to go enjoy summer and come back in the fall.

Overexposure and too much information access has made us all go mad because we simply don't have the minds to comprehend it all and sort through it in any reasonable manner. Therapy is up for a reason. It's not saving us, though.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, #freejame said:

When was the last time the Sabres has a Josh Allen? Hasek? Even then I don't remember anything nearly as crazy as everything going on with Allen. Honestly, I can't think of anyone who Buffalo  has embraced as wholeheartedly as Josh. 

I couldn’t care less about the Bills, but didn’t the city/region embrace Kelly, Thomas, Smith, and others way more than they embrace Josh Allen? I seem to remember more commercials, merch, billboards, and Media buzz than Josh Allen gets presently.

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I couldn’t care less about the Bills, but didn’t the city/region embrace Kelly, Thomas, Smith, and others way more than they embrace Josh Allen? I seem to remember more commercials, merch, billboards, and Media buzz than Josh Allen gets presently.

There is still a lot of mixed feelings about Kelly at least among those I hang around. I’m too young to comment on their media blitz, but that almost proves a point. It’s been 30 years that Buffalo has craved for a Josh Allen. 

9 hours ago, #freejame said:

When was the last time the Sabres has a Josh Allen? Hasek? Even then I don't remember anything nearly as crazy as everything going on with Allen. Honestly, I can't think of anyone who Buffalo  has embraced as wholeheartedly as Josh. Hell, I can't even remember a Sabre as well-loved and respected as the new and improved Jerry Hughes, and he probably doesn't even rank in the top five for the Bills anymore. 

If the Sabres hit 20 years of frustrating seasons you'll find someone that will skyrocket up to the Josh Allen level.

7 hours ago, Hoss said:

Overexposure and too much information access has made us all go mad because we simply don't have the minds to comprehend it all and sort through it in any reasonable manner. Therapy is up for a reason. It's not saving us, though.

It's a good point.  I'd also say that our unwillingness to take time to come to a decision plays into that. We need to process and compartmentalize every action within 5 minutes (or so it seems) when decisions and processes actually take a lot longer to occur.  For someone like Kevin Adams, making decisions on the action of the team is his primary focus.  He will spend countless hours, days, weeks, going over possibilities while handling the constant changes happening within the hockey spectrum.

For fans, they are doing the same thing, but they are also looking at everything else happening around them, including their own jobs and lives, and then try to reach the same level of decision making Kevin Adams makes but doing so with 1/1000th of the time to invest and 1/100th of the information Adams has.

People gotta go with the flow, and stay in their lane. It's all cool to discuss but commentary on here reaches feverish pitch faster than a Ferrari reaches 60 and then it's a straight NOS shot to the hyperbole.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Mixed reactions? The entire Sabres fanbase on mass called it the trash idea it is without significant adds from Columbus. 

I don't mind Korpisalo being part "of the trade", possibly, but I don't really like a lot of what Columbus has for depth to be honest.

On 5/31/2021 at 1:57 PM, LGR4GM said:

3 hours ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I don't mind Korpisalo being part "of the trade", possibly, but I don't really like a lot of what Columbus has for depth to be honest.

Straight up?  It'd be a bad trade.  There's no term on those goalies.

23 minutes ago, Drag0nDan said:

Straight up?  It'd be a bad trade.  There's no term on those goalies.

Being "part" of the trade, doesn't mean straight up.  The only type of goalie I'd trade him straight up for is someone like Gibson. lol

7 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Look up the 'Bickering Bills.'  In 1989, Kelly got injured and missed 5 games. Reich lead the Bills to wins in 4 of them.

Kelly also singled out Howard Ballard's missed block as the cause of his injury.

There was no internet, but th radio call-in shows went nuts claiming Kelly was a lousy leader and that he should be traded for draft picks, letting Reich take over as QB.

The next season Kelly and the Bills made it to their first Super Bowl.

Wait for Josh to have a multiple interception game this season, and I'll guarantee that there will be more fans than you would imagine screaming for "Trubinsky" to take over at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Look up the 'Bickering Bills.'  In 1989, Kelly got injured and missed 5 games. Reich lead the Bills to wins in 4 of them.

Kelly also singled out Howard Ballard's missed block as the cause of his injury.

There was no internet, but th radio call-in shows went nuts claiming Kelly was a lousy leader and that he should be traded for draft picks, letting Reich take over as QB.

The next season Kelly and the Bills made it to their first Super Bowl.

Wait for Josh to have a multiple interception game this season, and I'll guarantee that there will be more fans than you would imagine screaming for "Trubinsky" to take over at QB.

This reads as someone who has not followed Josh Allen’s tenure in Buffalo. Allen has been getting ***** on since the moment he was drafted, by the media and Bills fans alike. The only difference is those who love Josh Allen LOVE Josh Allen and shout down those people (or slams them through tables). 

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

This reads as someone who has not followed Josh Allen’s tenure in Buffalo. Allen has been getting ***** on since the moment he was drafted, by the media and Bills fans alike. The only difference is those who love Josh Allen LOVE Josh Allen and shout down those people (or slams them through tables). 

I was responding to a post speculating if Josh Allen was the most beloved sports star in Buffalo history.  There was a question if Kelly and the Super Bowl era Bills were more revered.

Point was no matter how high a player is placed on a pedestal, he can be knocked down by the same fans who put him there.

And Allen's play last season did more to shut down his haters than his fans did.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jad1 said:

I was responding to a post speculating if Josh Allen was the most beloved sports star in Buffalo history.  There was a question if Kelly and the Super Bowl era Bills were more revered.

Point was no matter how high a player is placed on a pedestal, he can be knocked down by the same fans who put him there.

And Allen's play last season did more to shut down his haters than his fans did.

No doubt, but even after beating Baltimore in the playoffs the talking heads were saying that it’s a shame because Lamar would be the only quarterback to stand a chance against Mahomes. 

19 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't know how you could come away with the judgment that Sabre fans this year were complaining about the play of Reinhart. It's the opposite. Most fans would acknowledge that he was our most consistent and best player. You are never going to get unanimity when assessing a player but the overwhelming consensus this year from fans and people covering the team is that he had a terrific year. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.