2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

58 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

It’s all because the North division had to play a week of regular season games after everyone else was done because Vancouver had so many games to make up due to Covid postponements. The league didn’t want to wait for them. So it’s continued into the playoffs.

Ah ok I was wondering.

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Exactly. No argument there. 

and like Hall, that includes Eichel and Reinhart and probably several others. 

This.

And while it could work if, say, we'd been winning for the last decade and had had a strong captain throughout and now the reins were being handed over to Eichel and Reinhart and McCabe -- they might not be natural leaders themselves, but they would have hypothetically learned everything needed and built and been part of the culture. Instead, it's quite the opposite. They've been the figureheads of the worst team year-in and year-out, with an ever-revolving GM/coach group, mockery from the media and hockey peers, and a constantly-shifting veteran "leader" presence of at most a year or two (exempting Okposo, who is himself a great "A" and 2nd-in-command/support guy but not "the" guy). 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Is it me, or did they screw up the schedule?  Leafs vs canadians game 7 still being played and 2nd game of 2nd round for bruins vs Islanders.

Jets will have had a week of by the time they play again.

For whatever reason, they decided that Vancouver-Calgary regular season games had to finish up before the North playoffs began. It made no sense, those games easily could have been paired as late games after TOR/MTL (and if OT, deal with it) and alternating on days with WPG/EDM. But instead... we've got this.

I'm managing my office's annual playoff pick 'em thread and I'm basically saying: "Yeah, pick the semis whenever you get the chance but hopefully by end-of-day Tuesday once you're back to reading company email again after the holiday." Good thing we just pick for bragging rights.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Toronto will allow 550 fully vaccinated front line workers into the game tonight 

Doing anything they can to try and boost the team.  Without doing any research my guess is that the only thing that's changed since the last game in Toronto is that the Leafs choked.  It's all about the science right?  The science of winning I presume. 🙂

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Yes, they have followed the same path. And, no, they haven't changed. The path has been marked by not hiring a POHO (at least not one with any power) and not hiring experienced GMs, and not getting out of the way of the people they do hire.

Firing people when the setup inevitably fails isn't evidence they're changing anything but the business cards.

In retrospect the Hall signing feels a bit like the Ehrhoff signing.  It just didn’t have the owners very public proclamation attached to it.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Sometimes I think it is more enjoyable to watch a series and root against a hated rival like Toronto or Boston….

As Sabres fans that is all we have.  

I am cheering for Habs and Islanders.  I hate them less the than Leaves and Broons. 

Paguet  scores.  I thought he only scored against us? 

3-1 Isles 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.