2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

In Buffalo or Toronto? because the Leafs grabbed Cambell who they thought was the greatest thing because he kept winning in the regular season.

They are still trying to follow the Oilers team building strategy of putting all your money and assetts in the forwards and then grab whatevers left for defence and in net (they are basically Oilers east with better goaltending....)

In Buffalo

7 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

And not one of them could save the Leafs from Choking.........

3-1, the final score in tonights game and also at one point the series lead held by the Leafs

Watching the Leafs in the playoffs makes me less embarrassed to be a Sabres fan

This is great. 

9 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Time to invest in a goalie, a real goalie. If buffalo can't fix the offense, sell players and stop the bleeding in net.

Long overdue.    You can’t win without a great goalie. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Price vs Hellebuyck should a goaltending clinic in round 2.

Maybe in Prices prime, but he hasn't been great in a while

I think the Habs were lucky they played a team that can't get out of their own way in the playoffs.

The only thing that keeps this close would be the Jets being rusty because they haven't played in atleast a week

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

This is great. 

I have to say it wasn't originally mine, I stole it from a comment section on Sportsnets website

The guy I dislike the most is Nylander. He actually potted a few this year but he is so soft it is unbelievable. The only hit he threw was against Carey Price in game 6. He avoids contact like it is a Cobra, I cannot believe he is over 6’ and 190 pounds. He plays smaller than Caufield. Matthews and Marner were basically invisible, again.

Carey Price showed what good goaltending can do. Danault was a big factor in shutting down Matthews.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Long overdue.    You can’t win without a great goalie. 

Its why this team hasn't been much of anything since Miller and Hasek.....

Unfortunately where do you go to find one right now? I don't see anyone on the roster that would fit that mold for next year, I like Ullmark but I don't see him as anything more then a good 1B type guy in a tandem.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Everything about those teams in that division was a mirage.

Nice racket tho the league set up guaranteeing at least one Canadian team in the final 4.  

Everything better be back to normal next season re the divisions because this is a joke.  

Wasn't there talk at the start of the year about how tough and amazing that division was going to be? And it looked like it only because they got to beat up on each other all year.

29 minutes ago, Second Line Center said:

Everything about those teams in that division was a mirage.

Nice racket tho the league set up guaranteeing at least one Canadian team in the final 4.  

Everything better be back to normal next season re the divisions because this is a joke.  

They had to: there was no international travel to start the season.

25 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

5BDC562B-4B69-4F0A-A6F6-AE6E6119D1DA.jpeg

He's a great player. He took a beating and smiled. He led the series in miles traveled but Mike Johnson pointed out how it was mostly on D and by the time his line had possession he was tired and needed a change. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.