2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

2 hours ago, carpandean said:

(Twice in one week that I got to use this gif!)

Impressive. Most impressive.

14 minutes ago, JohninMinn. said:

Watching Taylor Hall infuriates me.

It's too bad he let Eichel's injury let him check out instead of taking over and being force. And sure, he was leading the team in assists for awhile and was OK. But he was content to stay safe and injury free and steer clear of the net. And once RK was gone, instead of embracing Granato and again, being a veteran leader they needed with Okposo also hurt, he cchecked out until they were forced to scratch him for trade. All in all: agreed. He can sod off forever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Could the Leafs choke again? Strange because they carried play that entire OT and couldn’t score. 

Never say never when The Ghost of Harold Ballard is active.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 5/28/2021 at 9:18 PM, Eleven said:

It's this one.  It's like when Carolina and Nashville decided to sell tickets only to certain ZIP codes.  Insecurity.

I disagree sort of. I like making sure your fans have affordable access to your building. The resale market is ***** nuts and people that have zero intention of attending a game will scoop those tickets up and double/triple the price.

30 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I disagree sort of. I like making sure your fans have affordable access to your building. The resale market is ***** nuts and people that have zero intention of attending a game will scoop those tickets up and double/triple the price.

This is really a big problem that needs legislation to bring equity to that market. It’s like treating a show/event like stocks, betting on their value. Only unlike stocks, venue seats are a fixed price. The “betting” on ticket values by resellers damages the cost/profit margins that shows/events use to project future costs/viability of shows yet to be. Throws the entire playbook of promoters right into the toilet and has the trickle down effect of limiting what shows they are willing to bring into your area.

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I know this won't be popular, but I'm enjoying it. To me it magnifies the problems with this franchise. Maybe if the Pegulas are watching it too they will finally get it. 

Taylor has a supporting cast that allows him to play his game and under good coaching as well which he didn't have here under RK.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Radar said:

Taylor has a supporting cast that allows him to play his game and under good coaching as well which he didn't have here under RK.

A principle that may be applied to Eichel and how he might look on another team should we deal him 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ogre said:

This is really a big problem that needs legislation to bring equity to that market. It’s like treating a show/event like stocks, betting on their value. Only unlike stocks, venue seats are a fixed price. The “betting” on ticket values by resellers damages the cost/profit margins that shows/events use to project future costs/viability of shows yet to be. Throws the entire playbook of promoters right into the toilet and has the trickle down effect of limiting what shows they are willing to bring into your area.

Indeed. There have been attempts to legislate bots but none of it has picked up enough steam and until it becomes a 50-state effort it’ll get nowhere and have no impact on the market.

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I know this won't be popular, but I'm enjoying it. To me it magnifies the problems with this franchise. Maybe if the Pegulas are watching it too they will finally get it. 

What lesson do you expect the Pegulas to learn from how Taylor Hall is playing in Boston?

24 minutes ago, dudacek said:

What lesson do you expect the Pegulas to learn from how Taylor Hall is playing in Boston?

It probably helped KA sell them on a larger scale rebuild. “We can’t quick fix this, see?”

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

It highlights the impact of a player playing in a dysfunctional system compared to the same player performing in a smartly run system. It also highlights the fact that a player surrounded by better players performs better than with less support. You don't think that Jack or Reinhart aren't aware of the benefit of playing in an incompetently run organization compared to playing in a well-run organization?

Edited by JohnC
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

He is better in Boston because:

1 - He is playing with a much better team,

2 - he is not  expected to lead (which he does not do), 

3 - the team will kick his ass if doesn’t play hard and contribute. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.