2021 NHL Playoffs 1st Round

Norcal

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

In the same way that any human interaction puts lives at risk.  Look, let's not extend BLM too far.  I'm firmly in favor of it, but I'm not ACAB about it.

It's a lot smarter for Tampa to enforce its INCREDIBLY STUPID AND INSECURE policy through the police than for it to take direct action through its security staff.

Hey man nobody mentioned Black Lives Matter.

16 minutes ago, SDS said:

That’s a false choice. It’s not one or the other. Write their names down and don’t don’t them come back.

It’s that simple. Tell them their options are: remove the jerseys or be banned for like five years.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Ok, I think you're wrong. 

That is fine but I don’t know what you think I’m wrong about.  My second post, last paragraph, is asking is this policy from bad fan behavior or is it the Tampa team shutting down visiting fan support?   Or is it about crime statistics, which I don’t think are relevant to the situation conversation to begin with.  

Edited by Pimlach

31 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I only know this from spending way too much time reading a reddit thread about the situation.

That place is a time sink like no other.

Ha ha.  Time sink only if you let it.  

I am doing 4 things at once.  Drinking scotch, listening to music, watching hockey (volume down), and reading this forum.  My wife cannot complain about me being idle.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

It's this one.  It's like when Carolina and Nashville decided to sell tickets only to certain ZIP codes.  Insecurity.

That doesn’t bother me. But once you’re in the arena you’re a customer. Don’t be a douche to your customers.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, SDS said:

That’s a false choice. It’s not one or the other. Write their names down and don’t don’t them come back.

And when they refuse to give you their real names?  Or when they come back anyway?

Edited by Eleven

10 hours ago, SDS said:

That doesn’t bother me. But once you’re in the arena you’re a customer. Don’t be a douche to your customers.

I've been to Sabres games at both Raleigh and Nashville, non traditional hockey towns trying to gain or attain a fan base of local fans and not get over run with Blackhawk fans and Caps fans. Once in, your attire doesn't matter but getting tickets if you don't have friends or family in the area can be difficult. Trust me on that one. When you're winning it's easy to have fans in the stands but if you have to go thru a rebuild, having a loyal fan base is crucial to those teams. On the other hand, Dallas has always been easy for me to get tickets and your attire doesn't matter there either. In fact I was pleasantly surprised how many Sabres jerseys were worn in all 3 places and how friendly the arenas were.

10 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

The next series should be fantastic.  And out west so I can watch live. I love the construct of Vegas' Defense but the horses in COL might be too much. 

It's going to be a great series. Looking forward to it!!!

15 hours ago, BagBoy said:

Thanks Eleven and Weave for enlightening me on the Constitutional Law perspective.  Point taken.

It still feels unAmerican/undemocratic to me.  As long as you're not yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded movie theatre when there is no fire, people should be able to express themselves when nobody is adversely impacted in the process.  

What you are asking is the ability to express oneself without repercussions. I don't think that's a reasonable ideal. This person was free to express themselves by wearing the jersey, and then they were free to suffer the repercussions of their action. Granted, it's an absolutely ridiculous policy, but that's what it was.

To your point though, people, in general, cannot expect to walk around spewing whatever nonsense they would like unless they are also willing to accept a response from someone they offend with their nonsense.

As always the balance is in what the response and overall interaction become.

One more to finish the first round? Or will Montreal take it to 7?

4 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

The legend of JB’s trade incompetence grows with the ascension of Marcus Foligno.  He paced for a 52 point season this year and the line with Greenway and Ericsson Ek was as advertised.  What a mistake trading him.  

I still want him back. He's tough as they come too.

Edited by Norcal
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.