GDT:Sabres at Rangers. 4/27/21 7pm MSG WGR550

Brawndo

I would like UPL Mohave success and go .500 in his starts.  He still needs to spend at least next year as the #1 in Roch.  This will allow the Sabres to sign 2 UFA's this summer.

I think the Sabres pull out a 4-3 win tonight in SO.

Cozens, Bryson, Tage with goals.  Mitts scores winner in SO.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

He still needs to spend at least next year as the #1 in Roch.  

I hope this is the plan.  It would be a mistake if he had some modest success over these last handful of games, and the powers that be decide to pencil him in for the #2 spot for 21-22.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I hope this is the plan.  It would be a mistake if he had some modest success over these last handful of games, and the powers that be decide to pencil him in for the #2 spot for 21-22.

UPL hasn't even played excellent hockey at the AHL level yet. It'd be criminal for him to be on the Sabres roster next season for anything short of multiple goalie injuries and a late-season call-up to get a preview to compete as a backup in 2022-23. He needs 50 more starts, minimum, before consideration for NHL backup time.

COVID-shortened seasons, the creation of the taxi squad, and the loss of the ECHL threw this entire team's development of goalies completely out of a whack.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.