Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

My idea of a "now" piece would be like the James Patrick signing: they help the youth grow up and can be around for several years.  That is a "now" piece which helps the future too.  One of those in an Eichel trade will help Dahlin, Power, and Samuelsson.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

lol good reference. I always like the end where the principle just says "ah hell no, I did not leave the south side for this" and he puts on the sprinklers. 

It's a comedy classic. In sincerity.

Math Enthusiast/Bad Ass MC

• Like (+1) 1

Adding good players is always a plus. Theodore is mid 20s, great contract, and is a known commodity.  You don’t know what Power, Samuelsson, Johnson will end up being. IF he is offered in the deal you take it and run.  

Theodore and Tuch would be great additions to strengthen the lineup and help the kids progress while still being mid 20s and on good contracts with term that won’t shake up the salary structure.

You still get your future piece with a first or a Brisson or Krebs depending what the deal looks like.

Theodore, Tuch, Brisson, conditional pick would be a very good return.

10 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Adding good players is always a plus. Theodore is mid 20s, great contract, and is a known commodity.  You don’t know what Power, Samuelsson, Johnson will end up being. IF he is offered in the deal you take it and run.  

Theodore and Tuch would be great additions to strengthen the lineup and help the kids progress while still being mid 20s and on good contracts with term that won’t shake up the salary structure.

You still get your future piece with a first or a Brisson or Krebs depending what the deal looks like.

Theodore, Tuch, Brisson, conditional pick would be a very good return.

That would be unimaginably good.  Probably unrealistically good.

Eichel & Johnson for Theodore, Tuch, and Brisson + a '22 1st

Tuch and Theodore are best friends and have a bachelor house together in Vegas.

Theodore would be the elder statesman of the D core at 26 years old but with multiple solid seasons and playoff accolades.

Dahlin - Theodore

Power - Jokijarju

25 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Eichel & Johnson for Theodore, Tuch, and Brisson + a '22 1st

Tuch and Theodore are best friends and have a bachelor house together in Vegas.

Theodore would be the elder statesman of the D core at 26 years old but with multiple solid seasons and playoff accolades.

Dahlin - Theodore

Power - Jokijarju

Can you imagine being a young 20ish kid making millions of dollars, living life in a vegas bachelor pad and then getting traded to Buffalo? What a buzzkill.

• Haha (+1) 2

Friedman mentioned His Sources have gone quiet over the past few days which usually means one of the following 

1. They are on a plane with no WiFi

2. They are sleeping

3. The deal is getting close. 

He feels it’s Number 3. And that Vegas and Buffalo are trying to get this over the finish line. No names are being leaked in case it doesn’t get done. 

16 hours ago, The Ghost of NS said:

Teddy would make sense as a player planned to be flipped for more assets. 

Chess, not Checkers. 

I think this is the case. The Sabres would get Theodore, a Conditional First and maybe a Prospect. 
Theodore gets flipped for a some combination of 2 Firsts, a Center Prospect. 

The Final Return would be 2-3 Firsts, Center Prospect and something else. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Friedman mentioned His Sources have gone quiet over the past few days which usually means one of the following 

1. They are on a plane with no WiFi

2. They are sleeping

3. The deal is getting close. 

He feels it’s Number 3. And that Vegas and Buffalo are trying to get this over the finish line. No names are being leaked in case it doesn’t get done. 

I think this is the case. The Sabres would get Theodore, a Conditional First and maybe a Prospect. 
Theodore gets flipped for a some combination of 2 Firsts, a Center Prospect. 

The Final Return would be 2-3 Firsts, Center Prospect and something else. 

Is that like an immediate flip, or, is this thread continuing to the deadline and maybe beyond?

Just now, Thorny said:

Is that like an immediate flip, or, is this thread continuing to the deadline and maybe beyond?

I would imagine a pretty immediate flip. Look at LA for example, they are down two Top 4 D-Man, could Theodore get a Top 2 Protected First in 2022, a 2nd in 2023 and maybe Turcotte? 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

To be honest I’d keep Theodore and just run Dahlin - Theodore

Power - Jokijarju

Thats a solid balance of youth and varying levels of experience 

If we do that, it's not for a solid balance, as we'd be sacrificing solid balance at F (specifically at C) to do it. 

If that's the play it's to attempt at an elite defensive unit. It's an intriguing thought but for me, I think I prefer the package with the centre prospect, if it's a guy like Turcotte. Another ~ equal piece to the Cozens/Casey/Turcotte 4-solid-2Cs play. I like the depth on D already. 

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I would imagine a pretty immediate flip. Look at LA for example, they are down two Top 4 D-Man, could Theodore get a Top 2 Protected First in 2022, a 2nd in 2023 and maybe Turcotte? 

Was thinking along this line too. LA’s desire for a guy like Theodore is no secret. They are in the Knights division, however.

I think I’m with Wookie in that I’d rather have Theodore than a 1st, and another pick.

Even adding in a Vegas 1st and a prospect, isnt that basically Turcotte above the ROR return? Assuming we’d get a 1st and a Turcotte level player back for Theodore.

Thompson -Brisson

1st - 1st

2nd - 1st

scraps - Turcotte

Edited by dudacek

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If we do that, it's not for a solid balance, as we'd be sacrificing solid balance at F (specifically at C) to do it. 

If that's the play it's to attempt at an elite defensive unit. It's an intriguing thought but for me, I think I prefer the package with the centre prospect, if it's a guy like Turcotte. Another ~ equal piece to the Cozens/Casey/Turcotte 4-solid-2Cs play. I like the depth on D already. 

Oh I would want a forward prospect for sure hence Brisson still being in my deal but I’m not all that confident in dual trades

2 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

Whatever happens I hope it's a 7-team BLOCKBUSTER with parts flying around everywhere. I want the trade thread to be longer than the trade speculation thread.

I hope they outdo the Lindros-Quebec trade where they dealt him to both the Rangers and Flyers and the NHL had to figure it out.  I hope they announce Adams has traded Eichel to Vegas, Calgary and Anaheim and all hell has broken loose at NHL HQ.😀

Call the Fire Dept. there is a ton of smoke around Buffalo and Vegas. Let’s just get a deal done at this point.

Edited by Flashsabre
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

If they get as good a player as Theodore back for Eichel, (i) it's a great result, and vindication for KA and (ii) they would be dumb IMHO to flip him for picks and prospects unless we're talking crown-jewel-#1C-type prospects.

I'm not saying this isn't true, now, but imagine how that return would have been considered, when this thread started. It would have been seen as a laughable result imo for a franchise C.

As I said, given circumstances, it may indeed be job well done. But that's only if you are under the belief KA and co. aren't themselves behind a big bit of the impetus to move Jack Eichel.

Whether or not Theodore (and pieces) for Eichel turns out to be a great result does still depend on what happens with all the players and components of the deal, following the deal. 

If one believes "Jack wants out" and keeping him just was never an option, you can basically just disregard the above. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'm not saying this isn't true, now, but imagine how that return would have been considered, when this thread started. It would have been seen as a laughable result for a franchise C.

If one believes "Jack wants out" and keeping him just was never an option, you can basically just disregard the above. 

This is 100% where I'm at. I'm still not a fan of the return because I'm not

A) Convinced his trade value wasn't higher back in May

B) Convinced keeping Eichel wasn't originally an option

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I'm not saying this isn't true, now, but imagine how that return would have been considered, when this thread started. It would have been seen as a laughable result for a franchise C.

As I said, given circumstances, it may indeed be job well done. But that's only if you are under the belief KA and co. aren't themselves behind a big bit of the impetus to move Jack Eichel.

Whether or not Theodore (and pieces) for Eichel turns out to be a great result does still depend on what happens with all the players and components of the deal, following the deal. 

Don’t you think Theodore with a Turcotte/Krebs would be a ballpark return for a healthy Eichel?

I don’t mean one that would make you happy necessarily, but 1st pairing D in his prime and excellent centre prospect for a legit 1C seems within expected ranges no?