Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

13 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Who was moved to please him? Are any of those other coaches or GMs that were 'fired' by Eichel coaching or managing elsewhere? How's Byslma and Krueger doing?

You know the "Eichel is GM" meme?

Some people took it seriously. 

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

OK -- would you care to elaborate?

I didn't because it goes off topic, but briefly, I think what you see in Toronto is proof that relying too much, or solely, on analytics is a fool's pursuit. Players like Marner have great skill and can at times put up great stats, but they lack character. I would prefer we not try to build that sort of team. 

28 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Years of poorly mismanaging their relationship with Eichel? That’s what an eight year, $80m extension is indicative of, poorly managing the relationship? 

You and others have to stop insisting on good guys and villains. 

I don’t think there’s a party without fault here.

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I didn't because it goes off topic, but briefly, I think what you see in Toronto is proof that relying too much, or solely, on analytics is a fool's pursuit. Players like Marner have great skill and can at times put up great stats, but they lack character. I would prefer we not try to build that sort of team. 

If Toronto is relying solely on analytics they sure aren't drafting like it or bringing in defenders like it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I don’t think there’s a party without fault here.

You have that completely wrong: there is no party with fault here. 

For many, it seems, their frustration with the situation compels them to assign blame for the situation where none exists. It’s a fascinating aspect of the human psyche.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

For many, it seems, their frustration with the situation compels them to assign blame for the situation where none exists. It’s a fascinating aspect of the human psyche.

Thank you!  You put into words what my brain has been trying to tell me.

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This is not a neutral event with no ramifications.

I’m wondering what the ramifications a filed grievance will have on the insurance situation. The media keeps saying Jack is gearing up to file a grievance and the Sabres are looking to avoid it like the plague.

First, I doubt this is the truth. However, are these medical grievance rulings binding? If so, binding to who? What would happen if they rule against the wishes of the insurance company? I don’t think a 3rd party insurance agency would be compelled to follow a ruling of an NHL medical grievance. However, I think someone on here suggested the NHL has a single insurer. If this is the case, they may be more willing to go along with a grievance ruling. And if they are, how could this not be a good thing for the Sabres? That said, I don’t see Jack winning this hearing. 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Its nothing against him just wish he wouldn't act like an insider when hes not. 

Meh, he has broken Sabres news before.  I don’t think he ever markets himself as an “insider”.  Haven’t seen that, have you?  He is a writer, he knows some people and he sometimes gets information that he can share.  Not everything that he writes on Twitter has to be some juicy piece of inside information.  Sometimes he is just a human using Twitter, that doesn’t make him some sort of sham.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Yet there is no fault on anyone’s behalf. This entire situation was brought about by an accident for crissakes. 

It’s also an accident that both sides immediately started drawing lines and have been very publicly spiteful toward each other. Nothing that ever happened prior to the accident could have fostered a better response and handling by the two parties.

When I saw Fox Sports report that Eichel is "pleading with team to allow proper procedure on herniated disk", I find it difficult to take the hockey pundits seriously.  This is why I stopped paying attention to them.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

If Toronto is relying solely on analytics they sure aren't drafting like it or bringing in defenders like it. 

Well that was the party line. That's how Dubas got the job. They've tried to bring in a host of fill out the roster tough guys and so called grit people but they've mostly gotten duds. Nick Ritchie for example was dumb desperation. 

If you prefer, call it a failure of the superstar forward model for team building. All your money on 4 hot shot forwards. Nothing left to build a team with. So I don't want another one of those guys. Skinner is already too many. 

Leafs really miss Hyman. Him I would have signed. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

When I saw Fox Sports report that Eichel is "pleading with team to allow proper procedure on herniated disk", I find it difficult to take the hockey pundits seriously.  This is why I stopped paying attention to them.

“Proper procedure on herniated disc.” And the media isn’t shilling for Brisson. Right. What a disgrace.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

“Proper procedure on herniated disc.” And the media isn’t shilling for Brisson. Right. What a disgrace.

For the record, that headline is almost guaranteed to have come from a digital producer who meant to say “preferred” but just had a brain fart. Said digital producer probably knows nothing about the story (they were regurgitating Emily Kaplan’s ESPN report which used the term “preferred” and not “proper”).