Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

28 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

From the Athletic today, in an article partially entitled "The Taylor Hall Problem":

Hall reminds me of former Bills QB Rob Johnson -- he has all the tools, and sometimes looks great, but something critical is missing -- and the net result is that he's just not effective.

I am really glad the Sabres didn't give him a long-term deal.

Since the knee injury he really seems to need to be glued to the hip of an excellent playmaker to be able to come close to the hype.  He got a PPG (mainly assists) playing with Eichel & produced playing w/ Krejci.

No Krejci, no production.  Maybe if they broke up that top line ... 

26 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Vontae Davis? lol

Yeah, I considered Vontae Davis while typing my post and he’s a close second to Hall. But different scenarios, imo. Vontae Davis knew he’d reached his end as a player and walked away. It’s unfortunate that he didn’t realize it before playing a game and a half before quitting during a game. But at least Vontae Davis had the decency to be honest about it and left the game entirely rather than quitting but continuing to go thru the motions on the field collecting paychecks while ripping off his teammates, coaches, and fans in the process like Taylor Hall. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yeah, I considered Vontae Davis while typing my post and he’s a close second to Hall. But different scenarios, imo. Vontae Davis knew he’d reached his end as a player and walked away. It’s unfortunate that he didn’t realize it before playing a game and a half before quitting during a game. But at least Vontae Davis had the decency to be honest about it and left the game entirely rather than quitting but continuing to go thru the motions on the field collecting paychecks while ripping off his teammates, coaches, and fans in the process like Taylor Hall. 

Ya true, was mostly just joking though honestly 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, K-9 said:

Taylor Hall is a bum. Full stop. I’ve never seen a more blatant quitter on any team in any sport. 

I don't really want to defend Hall, but I've seen quite a few Bruins games and this is blatantly untrue (at least this season). The effort is there, and he back checks well, and he drives the net and plays that power forward game well, BUT, and it's a big one, he simply has no finish to that game at all. No idea why that is, but the Edmonton announcers were talking about that and he had problems similar to that in Edmonton too, so the Bruins made a mistake signing him and should have worked harder at replacing Krejci instead. 

15 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't really want to defend Hall, but I've seen quite a few Bruins games and this is blatantly untrue (at least this season). The effort is there, and he back checks well, and he drives the net and plays that power forward game well, BUT, and it's a big one, he simply has no finish to that game at all. No idea why that is, but the Edmonton announcers were talking about that and he had problems similar to that in Edmonton too, so the Bruins made a mistake signing him and should have worked harder at replacing Krejci instead. 

I wouldn’t care if Taylor Hall was the most gifted player of all time because he’d still be a bum, regardless. Don’t care what he did in Edmonton and NJ, nor do I care what he’s doing currently in Boston. It’s what he did while here. I watched him play every game for the Sabres last year and he flat out quit. On his teammates, on his coaches, and on all of us fans. He was a disgrace to the game. A bum of the highest order. He can go F himself for the rest of his days. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Thorny said:

Ya true, was mostly just joking though honestly 

Idk, the dude quit in the middle of a game. Unheard of. He just had to push through 30 more minutes of live play and couldn’t stomach it. People would respect him more if he just announced his decision Monday morning. Anyway, Hall is a bum. 

8 hours ago, K-9 said:

I wouldn’t care if Taylor Hall was the most gifted player of all time because he’d still be a bum, regardless. Don’t care what he did in Edmonton and NJ, nor do I care what he’s doing currently in Boston. It’s what he did while here. I watched him play every game for the Sabres last year and he flat out quit. On his teammates, on his coaches, and on all of us fans. He was a disgrace to the game. A bum of the highest order. He can go F himself for the rest of his days. 

Agree.  I never saw anything remotely exciting about his game when he was in Edmonton.  He was a bad Sabre, effortless and gutless.  

24 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Idk, the dude quit in the middle of a game. Unheard of. He just had to push through 30 more minutes of live play and couldn’t stomach it. People would respect him more if he just announced his decision Monday morning. Anyway, Hall is a bum. 

He has never been the same player since his Knee Surgery in 2018.  Maybe his knee has permanent damage? Maybe its a mental thing, but that really was the turning point in his level of production.

He is now entering his 5th season since that injury. In those last 5 years, per 82 games, his production is about 18goals and 39 assists per 82. (57 points)

In the prior 5 seasons to him hurting his knee and needing surgery, per 82 gamer about 29 goals and 46 assists. (75 points)

Might some of that be age?  Maybe, but he still should have been in his prime scoring years in the past 5 seasons.  Might it be the team he plays for?  Possibly, but those Oiler teams he was on weren't much better than what he has been on lately.  The Big issue for me is I have heard a few times form 'national' broadcast guys (mostly on 590 in Toronto) that since his surgery, he just doesn't look as fast as he used to be.

I do know this, he is a slightly different type of player than Skinner, but his production seems to ebb and flow and has fallen off at a similar rate of the last couple years as Skinner.

Edited by mjd1001

11 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Agree.  I never saw anything remotely exciting about his game when he was in Edmonton.  He was a bad Sabre, effortless and gutless.  

I was surprised the Bruins signed him.  He’s pretty much the opposite of who they normally employ.   I figured they would make it work somehow.   Guess I was wrong. 

Just now, inkman said:

I was surprised the Bruins signed him.  He’s pretty much the opposite of who they normally employ.   I figured they would make it work somehow.   Guess I was wrong. 

I hope he continues to suck.  The Broons deserve it. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, K-9 said:

No argument there, he definitely quit on the Sabres, but what I'm saying is on the Bruins, he hasn't "quit", he simply has flaws in his game and is a vastly overrated hockey player. He's simply NOT THAT GOOD. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Derrico said:

@LGR4GM seems to like him so that’s good enough for me at this point 

Kisakov is a long shot to play in the NHL. 5'10" 150lbs even with his skills won't cut it. He's got 3-5 years of work ahead of him. 

His MHL numbers as a 19 year old are just okay when they should be excellent. 

Koivunen and Raty going in the 2 picks right b4 Buffalo really upsets me because I like both far more than Kisakov.

Edited by LGR4GM

15 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Kisakov is a long shot to play in the NHL. 5'10" 150lbs even with his skills won't cut it. He's got 3-5 years of work ahead of him. 

His MHL numbers as a 19 year old are just okay when they should be excellent. 

Koivunen and Raty going in the 2 picks right b4 Buffalo really upsets me because I like both far more than Kisakov.

Which of the Russians were you really high on?  I thought it was Kisakov?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.