Sabres Trade Taylor Hall (50% of His Salary Retained)and Curtis Lazar to Boston for a 2021 2nd and Anders Bjork

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well, simply because he was our top line guy with Eichel and Sam.  So we're an entire line away from matching them. 

I mean, it’s kind of true because they are pretty good and Buffalo isn’t, but I’m sure you realize that this is an overly simplistic way of evaluating a roster.

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I mean, it’s kind of true because they are pretty good and Buffalo isn’t, but I’m sure you realize that this is an overly simplistic way of evaluating a roster.

Oh of course it is, and this thread isn't the place, but if you objectively go through the rosters player by player you will see we are very far from them. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Curt said:

Not surprised.  It was rumored that NYI were interested, but ended up trading for Palmarie/Zajac instead.

The story goes that we were offered the same package and turned it down because he wouldn’t approve it and would only approve Boston so now ... what’s the truth?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

The story goes that we were offered the same package and turned it down because he wouldn’t approve it and would only approve Boston so now ... what’s the truth?

Not the story I recall.  Did someone of repute actually say that Hall refused to waive for a trade to Islanders?

I see no reason to believe Hall in these circumstances. It isn’t in his best interest to tell fans league-wide that he outright refused other trade offers. By saying such a vague and generic statement; he’s effectively trying to remove that stigma from his story. After all, the old boys club wouldn’t like that, and it would give his agent difficulty in getting any NMC in the future.

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wasn't it reported a west coast team offered a package with a 1st and Hall nixed it?

Maybe he didn’t want to go to the West.  I’m sure there is more than one team he would have accepted a trade to.  There was never any previous indication that he had a special love for the Bruins.  Now maybe none of the other teams he would have gone to put forth good offers for him, so there wasn’t much of a real market, but I don’t see why it would be Bruins or nothing for Hall.  Toronto seemed interested in other types of players.  I recall that Islanders were in on Hall but went with Palmari/Zajac instead.

Based on Hall being from Ontario, he probably wanted a perennial playoff team somewhere in the east.

10 hours ago, Curt said:

Maybe he didn’t want to go to the West.  I’m sure there is more than one team he would have accepted a trade to.  There was never any previous indication that he had a special love for the Bruins.  Now maybe none of the other teams he would have gone to put forth good offers for him, so there wasn’t much of a real market, but I don’t see why it would be Bruins or nothing for Hall.  Toronto seemed interested in other types of players.  I recall that Islanders were in on Hall but went with Palmari/Zajac instead.

Based on Hall being from Ontario, he probably wanted a perennial playoff team somewhere in the east.

So your willing to give Hall the benefit of the doubt here because he would have accepted a trade to a theoretical team that didn't make an offer for him? Sorry it doesn't work that way. It's not like 30 teams made offers for Hall at the deadline. This statement by him doesn't transform him into a hero.

On 5/6/2021 at 9:18 AM, SwampD said:

M-W - drip (noun) 5. a dull or unattractive person

He’s a dud. (that might be too old time, as well)

Not into lips?

On 5/8/2021 at 11:12 AM, Doohickie said:

Not sure what to even make of this.

That it should be shot into outer space with Elon Musk and the other rich scumbags who want to go destroy even more planets, never to return?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

So your willing to give Hall the benefit of the doubt here because he would have accepted a trade to a theoretical team that didn't make an offer for him? Sorry it doesn't work that way. It's not like 30 teams made offers for Hall at the deadline. This statement by him doesn't transform him into a hero.

The Sabres acquired a player with a NMC. Consequently, the franchise had fewer options when seeking to move him. Not only is that not surprising but it was to be expected. So in the end the organization got the best deal it could within the limited options. I don't understand the vilification of a player who was able to include that clause in his contract when the team (Sabres) that acquired him didn't have to sign him with that clause.   

There is an effort to call the player disingenuous and insincere because he acted in his own best interest. Well, in whose interest did you expect him to act on behalf of? This befuddled staff signed a player with movement conditions. They got the best deal that they could under the conditions they agreed to. I don't understand what the problem is? If you are affronted that he wanted out and wanted to go to a more competently run organization then you should also be affronted by more members on the team who also want to escape from this landscape of entrenched futility.    

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

The Sabres acquired a player with a NMC. Consequently, the franchise had fewer options when seeking to move him. Not only is that not surprising but it was to be expected. So in the end the organization got the best deal it could within the limited options. I don't understand the vilification of a player who was able to include that clause in his contract when the team (Sabres) that acquired him didn't have to sign him with that clause.   

There is an effort to call the player disingenuous and insincere because he acted in his own best interest. Well, in whose interest did you expect him to act on behalf of? This befuddled staff signed a player with movement conditions. They got the best deal that they could under the conditions they agreed to. I don't understand what the problem is? If you are affronted that he wanted out and wanted to go to a more competently run organization then you should also be affronted by more members on the team who also want to escape from this landscape of entrenched futility.    

The vilification is because of the perception that he dogged it while here.  It’s natural to expand that frustration to the rest of his situation here.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

The vilification is because of the perception that he dogged it while here.  It’s natural to expand that frustration to the rest of his situation here.

Almost every player under Krueger played worse than under Granato. Dahlin was a shell of himself playing under the ill-suited system that Krueger religiously adhered to while he was quickly energized as a player when Granato took over. For the most part although Hall couldn't convert his chances he continued to played hard. Maybe at the end when he knew he was going to be traded and the team was going through a youth movement he lacked much passion.  Who could blame him for being dispirited when in such a depressing situation. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.