2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

58 minutes ago, Weave said:

I’ll take that as a “yes”.

Ha!  Not to me, but I can see how others perceive him that way.  He's definitely grown up since his early days of calling Jim Everett "Chris," though.

45 minutes ago, SDS said:

I didn’t take you as a Jim Rome guy.

Not just him, but also his callers.  The smackoff in June is one of my favorite days of the year.

7 hours ago, K-9 said:

Certainly wasn’t any doubt when he was at LSU with Joe Burrow. 

The guy that was the OC of the best college offense this kid's ever seen who's also now been an NFL OC is an absolute no brainer as the QB coach.  He also conveniently gives them another in house candidate to replace Dorsey when his Josh painted resume gets him a promotion elsewhere in the league.

What's not to love?

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Eleven said:

Seems people either really like his schtick or really don't.  I do.  But I won't try to convince others.

I was gonna toss something out there about how his "Chris Everett" shtick certainly did not age well, nor even come off well at the time. (Wasn't it tied to concussion? Sheesh.) But I saw you addressed that. Even so, it's always fun to remember:

Having posted it, I am wondering: Wasn't there original audio in that clip of Rome sort of squealing in protest? Maybe not.

Rome is at a point in his media life cycle where he's fodder for the up and comers who look to tear down their idols (or at least those who have been at the top of the heap). I tip my hat to the guy -- he has done very well in creating a style, a brand, and a following. And he works his ass off. I won't seek him out on the AM dial, but, if he's on, I listen. He is damn good at what he does, and what he does is very difficult to do.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Weave said:

That clip is the epitome of being an ***** to me.  He’ll get no credit from me for being very good at what he does when he does ***** like that.  Thats just terrible human being stuff.

Like I said, he's grown up in the thirty years since then.  He mentions the incident once in a while and it seems to me that he's embarrassed about it.  It's fine to not like him, but we all grow, right?  (Or at least hopefully?)

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Weave said:

That clip is the epitome of being an ***** to me.  He’ll get no credit from me for being very good at what he does when he does ***** like that.  Thats just terrible human being stuff.

6 hours ago, Eleven said:

Like I said, he's grown up in the thirty years since then.  He mentions the incident once in a while and it seems to me that he's embarrassed about it.  It's fine to not like him, but we all grow, right?  (Or at least hopefully?)

I was definitely a clone for a majority of my late 20s early 30s.  I enjoyed the show as an escape from work.  He’s remorseful and, as 11 said, 30 years older.  

https://www.audacy.com/sports/jim-rome-revisits-infamous-feud-with-jim-everett

• Like (+1) 1

I just saw a graphic on Facebook of Tom Brady’s win-loss record against every team in the league.  The only team he has a losing record against is NO at 4-5.  His record against Buffalo is 33-3.

Holy ***** am I glad he’s out of our hair.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Weave said:

I just saw a graphic on Facebook of Tom Brady’s win-loss record against every team in the league.  The only team he has a losing record against is NO at 4-5.  His record against Buffalo is 33-3.

Talk about having our number! 😳

On 2/2/2022 at 9:35 AM, Eleven said:

Ha!  Not to me, but I can see how others perceive him that way.  He's definitely grown up since his early days of calling Jim Everett "Chris," though.

Not just him, but also his callers.  The smackoff in June is one of my favorite days of the year.

the smackoff..when its good..is very high quality comedy. I feel like Rome acts like a 22 yr old a lot of the time(that is his demo).But there is no denying that he is a good comedian.

6 hours ago, Weave said:

The Bills do have a horrific franchise. They went to sleep for 20 yrs..Good God y'all  .Im surprised we won those 3 games.

PS..There were 2 QBs that you could have absolute confidence would not screw up.  Brady and Montana.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.