2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

I liked the show.  The Chronic was the soundtrack to my senior year at Fredonia. I still think Prince’s performance was better. 

I think this is right. Recency bias had me all "BEST HALFTIME SHOW EVER!" ... and it was really good, really fun. But Prince's performance is still the tops.

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

What Millennials? 

awkward pulp fiction GIF

I'm sure there was some way to stream it to with the Twitgram or Door Hinge or the Amazon Meta program or something.

(Fun fact, this firmly GenX person can only watch games on my phone via NFL app and their deal with Verizon; no cable and no reliable antenna due to distance to stations)

Edited by MattPie

31 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I'm sure there was some way to stream it to with the Twitgram or Door Hinge or the Amazon Meta program or something.

(Fun fact, this firmly GenX person can only watch games on my phone via NFL app and their deal with Verizon; no cable and no reliable antenna due to distance to stations)

I'm a millennial that watched the game via an antenna pointed at a tower about 36 miles away. I picked up the antenna just to see if I could get NBC for the Super Bowl, actually.

Sports are the only thing I watch live and I kind of hate the small lag (~a minute) there is between watching via antenna and streaming online.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

What? What on earth does this have to do with millennials supposedly hating the half time show?

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

You can't cast it over to your TV?

The halftime show was ok but not great only because I don’t like Dre or Snoop. I was an NWA fan but only because of Easy. 
He called them both studio gangsters and was right on the money. Easy was the only gang member in the group and would have been bigger than either of them of not for the HIV.

17 minutes ago, Ogre said:

The halftime show was ok but not great only because I don’t like Dre or Snoop. I was an NWA fan but only because of Easy. 
He called them both studio gangsters and was right on the money. Easy was the only gang member in the group and would have been bigger than either of them of not for the HIV.

Eazy was a legitimate gangster, sure. But he couldn’t hold a candle to Dre, Cube, and, later on, Snoop when it came to artistry, creativity, and technique. E didn’t write his own lyrics (at least any of the good ones), couldn’t craft beats or coordinate samples, and he often had to be recorded a bar at a time. If Dre and others were wannabe gangsters, E was a wannabe artist.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Eazy was a legitimate gangster, sure. But he couldn’t hold a candle to Dre, Cube, and, later on, Snoop when it came to artistry, creativity, and technique. E didn’t write his own lyrics (at least any of the good ones), couldn’t craft beats or coordinate samples, and he often had to be recorded a bar at a time. If Dre and others were wannabe gangsters, E was a wannabe artist.

All true.  I think Eric’s biggest problem was his super high nasaly voice. Snoop is like molasses’s to your ears, just a wonderfully melodic and soothing.  

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Ogre said:

How can anyone support snoop? He advocates for killing police officers in his songs, inciting violence against them. Cops are dying and at a rate that's accelerating. The NFL is a disgrace for showcasing him.

12 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

What? What on earth does this have to do with millennials supposedly hating the half time show?

Whoops, misread this as a 'Millennials don't watch things on TV thing"

11 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

You can't cast it over to your TV?

Not from the Verizon app. I suppose I could screen-share it, although I think I tried that at some point and it's blocked somehow; I'm guessing the byzantine rights structure the NFL uses probably doesn't allow the Verizon deal to be shown on a screen that's not connected directly to their cell network or something. Similar to how the streaming audio (at least last time I tried a few years ago) can only be played on "home" systems like a computer or Roku, but is blacked out on a phone even if you're on the same home network.

8 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

This is how rappers get shot.  🤪

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.