2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

Just thinking about the draft and free agency.

Rather than piling up on even more high-priced WRs, should the Bills consider getting another decent TE who can both block and catch?  That could present a real dilemma for a defence on pass plays while helping with blocking on run plays.  He does not need to be an every-down player, but useful enough to play every down if need be.  Besides, the defence could use all the practise it can get covering TEs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Rather than piling up on even more high-priced WRs, should the Bills consider getting another decent TE who can both block and catch?  That could present a real dilemma for a defence on pass plays while helping with blocking on run plays.  He does not need to be an every-down player, but useful enough to play every down if need be.  Besides, the defence could use all the practise it can get covering TEs.

Realizing it goes against the grain, but really want them to draft a big run stuffing DT that takes up 2 blockers on most plays.  That will make Oliver even more of a beast than he was last year and help keep Rousseau from getting doubled too.

A true MLB that could let Edmunds slide outside where he belongs & a C / G would also be nice gets.

But expecting they go CB in the 1st most likely.

Kind of nice that they don't have huge, glaring, gaping holes; but they could definitely get better in places.  And yeah, a 2nd TE would be nice, but expect that's just ahead of WR, LS, PK, & #1 QB on the need list.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Realizing it goes against the grain, but really want them to draft a big run stuffing DT that takes up 2 blockers on most plays.  That will make Oliver even more of a beast than he was last year and help keep Rousseau from getting doubled too.

A true MLB that could let Edmunds slide outside where he belongs & a C / G would also be nice gets.

Kind of nice that they don't have huge, glaring, gaping holes; but they could definitely get better in places.  And yeah, a 2nd TE would be nice, but expect that's just ahead of WR, LS, PK, & #1 QB on the need list.

I want that DT too.  That's #1 on my list.  #2 is improving the OL to help vary the offence and extend JA17's career.  Of course, if I had my druthers, we would have an OL which could man block against good defences and a DL where every guy needs to be doubled by good OL's.

My proposal for a second solid TE was because I see people wanting to add another megabucks WR and I want to avoid redundancy while giving the Bills an even bigger match-up problem for the opposition.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

yep... our d line is too damn small. thats obvious.  a fat young DT or 2 is what we need.

give edmunds a shot at olb this year. if he fails cut him.

do not dump any of our WRs. beasely especially.  he is uncoverable on short routes and frees  up diggs and gabriel downfield.

Mckenzie---valuable little speedster. and can catch in the clutch.Just make sure he doesnt return kicks or punts. Gives me McKelvin nightmares.

Draft a big RB in the 3rd or 4th or 5th.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/5/2022 at 4:53 PM, Taro T said:

Going D-Line with their first pick would be quite something after going D-Line with the first two picks last season.

Value always plays a big role -- like if there's a guy they love (have ranked top-10) who just drops to them -- but, with that caveat, I do, as you note, expect them to go DB with their top pick.

If they were to go on the other side of the ball with their top pick, I'd like to see them go playmaker who can wiggle and burn.

On 2/5/2022 at 9:03 AM, Buffalonill said:

Watched american underdog: the kurt warner story.  It wasn't the greatest film but it's pretty decent if you want to know the Backstories.

My Wife’s Aunt was a Teacher’s Aide to Their Son Zack for Two Years while He was in St Louis. 

Brenda and Kurt never missed a special education meeting or a school event and were the Nicest Most Down to Earth People You would ever want to meet.

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

Wasn't he the coach that threw a beach chair at a teenager trespassing on his lawn at his winter home?

IIRC, he's got a very good reputation for getting strong results from an OL.  Good pickup.

They seem to be building a very strong staff on the O-side of the ball.  Wouldn't mind some upgrades on the other side as well.

[Edit: apparently he punched the kid for doing something to the beach chair.  The above scenario seems funnier, he should've thrown the beach chair at him.  😉 ]

Edited by Taro T
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wasn't he the coach that threw a beach chair at a teenager trespassing on his lawn at his winter home?

IIRC, he's got a very good reputation for getting strong results from an OL.  Good pickup.

They seem to be building a very strong staff on the O-side of the ball.  Wouldn't mind some upgrades on the other side as well.

He was suspended for the First Six Games of the 2015 Season for that incident. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I don't think McDermott and Frasier think there is a problem on their side of the ball. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't think McDermott and Frasier think there is a problem on their side of the ball. 

Maybe they do, maybe they don't.  They won't publicly acknowledge any deficiencies.  But they had some very poor games & not sure that "bend don't break" D that gets gashed badly by good running teams is the best complement to a high octane offense.

Would really like to see a more aggressive scheme that wins more often than not but either way hands the keys back to Allen in a more timely manner.  And have that 3 man rush w/ man coverage + 2 deep to use against KC that other teams used so effectively against them.  A couple of changes to personnel would absolutely allow them to get more of a Carolina D working than the Minnesota D we see every week.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

My Wife’s Aunt was a Teacher’s Aide to Their Son Zack for Two Years while He was in St Louis. 

Brenda and Kurt never missed a special education meeting or a school event and were the Nicest Most Down to Earth People You would ever want to meet.

I hate to say it but his career as a broadcaster has really soured me on Kurt Warner. 

On 2/5/2022 at 3:39 PM, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Great idea, but I've recently learned on this very board that Dawson Knox is steady as a rock and beyond reproach.  It's the playcalling/gameplan, not extreme inconsistency.  I too, would like a security blanket tight end that you trust is gonna catch the ball and not have games where he's a liability.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Thwomp! said:

Great idea, but I've recently learned on this very board that Dawson Knox is steady as a rock and beyond reproach.  It's the playcalling/gameplan, not extreme inconsistency.  I too, would like a security blanket tight end that you trust is gonna catch the ball and not have games where he's a liability.

That's weird, since I've recently learned on this very board that Knox can't catch a ball and we should probably just cut him before he goes down as the worst TE in Bills history.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.