2021 Buffalo Bills

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Thwomp! said:

They can do better at TE.  At least bring in another decent one so you don't have to rely on Knox's inconsistency.

Excuse Me What GIF

2 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

You're not proving any point.  Knox is credited with 4 drops this season.  Diggs has more.

some narratives die harder than a muhfugger.

50 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Cincy was down big to the Chiefs both times. We lost on the goal line against the Titans.

OK, but the results were the results -- and I don't see any objective facts supporting the position that the Bills would've destroyed Cinci.

30 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Your quarterback just put up 2 historical playoff games that has never been done before no one was stopping that man 

He was really something in those games.

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I wonder if he just became the highest paid OC in the NFL.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I mean ... he probably won't score 9 TD's next year ... but he did this past season and co-led the league in TE TD's. And then there was that superhuman catch for a TD against NE in the wild card game. The guy was incredible.

Either really good or really, really bad.  I want consistency from a TE.  He's inconsistent, I'll answer @JujuFish too

Anyway, I'm done with it.   He's had the biggest drops on the team since he's been here.  Repeatedly.

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

OK, but the results were the results -- and I don't see any objective facts supporting the position that the Bills would've destroyed Cinci.

I definitely think the Bills would have rolled the chiefs, but it certainly is an unknowable question.

Bills would have been as emotionally spent as the chiefs were.

I really believe the bengals have the horseshoe this year. They drew the chiefs and raiders right after insanely emotional games, those teams had blown their wads and hit the wall. Then in between they faced the weakest 1 seed (at the time, not necessarily at their peak months before) I've ever seen. And on top of that, four interceptions from tipped balls in 2 games. They deserve all the credit in the world for getting to this point but we all know that you need bounces to win, and they sure are getting the bounces

8 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Either really good or really, really bad.  I want consistency from a TE.  He's inconsistent, I'll answer @JujuFish too

Anyway, I'm done with it.   He's had the biggest drops on the team since he's been here.  Repeatedly.

Knox has been a roller coaster historically but I dont think his variance in 2021 stands out compared to any other player. Tom Brady had wider swings than Knox did this year 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Who's to say  That's not the real Josh Allen and he was saving that all year just for the playoffs? 

Im convinced that he planned that 

1 hour ago, Thwomp! said:

For the record, I would have wholeheartedly agreed with you before this year.  He took a big step forward this season, and was considerably more consistent.  Last year, he'd made incredibly difficult catches and drop the easy ones.  I'd say your comment of "really, really bad" tells me you have an emotional investment in this, for some reason, because I don't think that's the case at all this year.

• Like (+1) 1

Brian Flores lawsuit against the Giants and the NFL is juicy.

He's blowing the whistle on the Dolphins for tampering with Brady before he was cut. He's accusing Ross of offering to pay him on the side for intentionally throwing games in 2019. He has texts that were accidentally sent to him instead of Brian Daboll from Belichick congratulating him on the Giants job before he had been interviewed. The man will probably never get a job in the league again.

There is one Bills related note, that Daboll may have taken the OC job in NY with Flores as HC because he wanted to get away from McDermott. So those rumors of tension between the coaches that have been circulating the last few days may have some merit.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33194862/brian-flores-sues-nfl-others-former-miami-dolphins-coach-alleges-racism-hiring-practices

Edited by sodbuster

2 hours ago, sodbuster said:

Brian Flores lawsuit against the Giants and the NFL is juicy.

He's blowing the whistle on the Dolphins for tampering with Brady before he was cut. He's accusing Ross of offering to pay him on the side for intentionally throwing games in 2019. He has texts that were accidentally sent to him instead of Brian Daboll from Belichick congratulating him on the Giants job before he had been interviewed. The man will probably never get a job in the league again.

There is one Bills related note, that Daboll may have taken the OC job in NY with Flores as HC because he wanted to get away from McDermott. So those rumors of tension between the coaches that have been circulating the last few days may have some merit.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33194862/brian-flores-sues-nfl-others-former-miami-dolphins-coach-alleges-racism-hiring-practices

It is a VERY interesting complaint.  And it's not filed by a bunch of idiots, either; that is a real firm with a track record.  I don't think it's going to be thrown out on the first motion.  The Dolphins might be dismissed out, the NFL, too.  But I think the Giants are in for some litigation.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It is a VERY interesting complaint.  And it's not filed by a bunch of idiots, either; that is a real firm with a track record.  I don't think it's going to be thrown out on the first motion.  The Dolphins might be dismissed out, the NFL, too.  But I think the Giants are in for some litigation.

It is a very savvy pleading. Leading off with the Belichick quote? Invoking black history month (?) at paragraph 1? They’re angling at more than satisfying Iqbal/Twombley (sp?).

17 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

It is a very savvy pleading. Leading off with the Belichick quote? Invoking black history month (?) at paragraph 1? They’re angling at more than satisfying Iqbal/Twombley (sp?).

The MLK quote preamble and Black History Month stuff irritated me, frankly.  Neither has a place in a complaint, at least one is inflammatory, and there are several federal judges I know (and you probably know some) that would reprimand (orally not officially) and demand a refiling.  But it is, as you say, a very savvy pleading.  On top of it, the timing indicates to me that there wasn't a whole lot of negotiation before drafting/filing.  Like none.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

See, I think the Giants one has more of a chance to be thrown out than the dolphins. If he can show that he was fired because he refused to break the NFLs rules, he might have a case. Not to mention, that could be a serious problem for Ross' ownership of the franchise.

1 minute ago, sodbuster said:

See, I think the Giants one has more of a chance to be thrown out than the dolphins. If he can show that he was fired because he refused to break the NFLs rules, he might have a case. Not to mention, that could be a serious problem for Ross' ownership of the franchise.

Not a race discrimination case, though.  Maybe a state court breach of contract case.  (And maybe not.  I don't know what his contract said.)

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

The MLK quote preamble and Black History Month stuff irritated me, frankly.  Neither has a place in a complaint, at least one is inflammatory, and there are several federal judges I know (and you probably know some) that would reprimand (orally not officially) and demand a refiling.  But it is, as you say, a very savvy pleading.  On top of it, the timing indicates to me that there wasn't a whole lot of negotiation before drafting/filing.  Like none.

That’s what I was getting at with “savvy.” It reads like a polemic or novella. But it seems like they’re partly focused on a federal lawsuit, partly focused on other forums.

Agreed on the timing. I can’t even imagine that there was a courtesy phone call with a demand for all requested relief — maybe just a heads up that it was coming (and will you accept service).

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Diggs also had 161 targets vs 71 for Knox. Stands to reason Diggs would have more drops. 

Diggs has a lower catch % (62.8 to 69.0), yards per catch (11.9 to 12.0), yards per target (7.5 to 8.3),TDs per target (.061 to .127), and more fumbles (1 to 0) than Knox.

• Thanks (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Diggs has a lower catch % (62.8 to 69.0), yards per catch (11.9 to 12.0), yards per target (7.5 to 8.3),TDs per target (.061 to .127), and more fumbles (1 to 0) than Knox.

I got into this convo late, so tell me, what point are you trying to make with the comparisons between Diggs and Knox? 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, K-9 said:

I got into this convo late, so tell me, what point are you trying to make with the comparisons between Diggs and Knox? 

Mainly just that Knox hasn't been "really, really bad" this season.

So I'm comparing him to the best person not named Josh on the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Weave said:

Is Jim Rome still an ***** when he is on a mic?

I haven’t found him “fun” to listen to in at least 20 years.

Seems people either really like his schtick or really don't.  I do.  But I won't try to convince others.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.