Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Is it weird that I’ve heard of Molson XXX but I’ve never actually seen someone drink it?

Or that I have never heard or pepperettes?

You eastern people are weird.

I’ve drunk a Molson XXX. it’s not good.

I too have never heard of pepperettes.

I now must have venison pepperettes. It is my one goal this summer.

1 hour ago, Radar said:

I'm actually worried that RK is here next season and feel pretty sure he's here for the rest of this season anyway.

I totally agree he will be here for the balance of the season, and absolutely, there is a solid shot he starts next season too.

We have @ $6 million tied up in his right now for the rest of this season and next, and Pegula is *not* going to eat his K.

This is who we are now; not even entering the legitimate coach search in order to save a few bucks.

Anyone who spends a nickel on this franchise is out of their mind.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

No, I can think of several other explanations (all of which I don't agree with, but none of which have to do with cost-cutting).  All but the last survives Occam:

1.  No replacement in mind.

2. Adams scared to fire a coach because he's new at his job.

3.  What the kids call "optics"; how many coaches is this team to go through?

4.  Players not named Skinner reportedly like him.

5.  He is, of course, a Svengali.

Rasputin? Grima Wormtongue? 

If RK isn't gone tomorrow, I think I'll be done with the team until he is replaced.  

Time to focus on the Braves and fantasy baseball.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

I totally agree he will be here for the balance of the season, and absolutely, there is a solid shot he starts next season too.

We have @ $6 million tied up in his right now for the rest of this season and next, and Pegula is *not* going to eat his K.

This is who we are now; not even entering the legitimate coach search in order to save a few bucks.

Anyone who spends a nickel on this franchise is out of their mind.

Totally agree, Don't see them spending a dime right now. Forget a coach change, we don't even grab people off the waiver wire who could help this team. It's all a ruse they don't care about this season at all any more. 

21 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Totally agree, Don't see them spending a dime right now. Forget a coach change, we don't even grab people off the waiver wire who could help this team. It's all a ruse they don't care about this season at all any more. 

They certainly don’t care about the fans.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

They certainly don’t care about the fans.

If Krueger is destined to remain HC for this year and maybe even into next, that opens the door for these idiots to ship out Eichel and/or Reinhart while retaining Krueger as the coach.

That is unthinkable!  

So help me, if they move one of these guys before getting a real HC in here....

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

If Krueger is destined to remain HC for this year and maybe even into next, that opens the door for these idiots to ship out Eichel and/or Reinhart while retaining Krueger as the coach.

That is unthinkable!  

So help me, if they move one of these guys before getting a real HC in here....

I actually think the odds of them getting a “real”, coach in here are extremely low as is. IF they trade Eichel away, I see no conceivable way they attract any seasoned coach here. It will be a first time coach who just wants a chance. More suffering for us. 

42 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I actually think the odds of them getting a “real”, coach in here are extremely low as is. IF they trade Eichel away, I see no conceivable way they attract any seasoned coach here. It will be a first time coach who just wants a chance. More suffering for us. 

But, 

It just cannot be worse, honestly it cannot. 
Even a rookie coach would do better than Ralph, hell id hire Brian Gionta as HC for the rest of this season if that would be possible.

Ralphs tunnelvision is so narrow, he just cannot think outside the box, he doesnt do active coaching during games more than what a 5 year old would when seeing that we dont score and are down 0-4 before the third starts.

Ralph is just so incredibly bad, he would do superb as a franchise salesman to make companys believe in Buffalo, but as a coach he is just plain dogsh1t.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I disagree. I think you can get a seasoned coach, but you'd have to give him 4-5 years and some say in player personnel (i.e. he can decide which slackers he wants off the roster). Coaches have egos and I'm sure there is a few guys who will be sure they can turn it around given time and latitude. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I disagree. I think you can get a seasoned coach, but you'd have to give him 4-5 years and some say in player personnel (i.e. he can decide which slackers he wants off the roster). Coaches have egos and I'm sure there is a few guys who will be sure they can turn it around given time and latitude. 

The Pegulas couldn’t convince anyone worthwhile to take the job after Housley. Even their money meant nothing. That’s how we ended up with Ralph in the first place, no one wanted this job. I don’t see how it’ll be any different this time. And if Eichel is gone, the job is even more daunting to any prospective coach. 

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I like JW. Not sure I buy this though

I think I do. Pegula doesn't want to eat RK contract. He's not selling tickets at least this season. I think he's sticking with staff at least remainder of this season. 

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

The Pegulas couldn’t convince anyone worthwhile to take the job after Housley. Even their money meant nothing. That’s how we ended up with Ralph in the first place, no one wanted this job. I don’t see how it’ll be any different this time. And if Eichel is gone, the job is even more daunting to any prospective coach. 

This is worrisome. Top candidates will pick a better situation. I would. Top coaches will wait til off season and there will be better options in my opinion. Frankly only hope is the owners turn this operation over to an experienced guy to come in as PHO. Then maybe he would make this franchise more attracting to GM', coaches ECT.

Edited by Radar
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Rasputin? Grima Wormtongue? 

If RK isn't gone tomorrow, I think I'll be done with the team until he is replaced.  

Time to focus on the Braves and fantasy baseball.

Braves suck (Go Nats!) but best of luck in your fantasy season. Our league drafts Sunday night. 

2 hours ago, Billznut said:

1 hour ago, Radar said:

This is worrisome. Top candidates will pick a better situation. I would. Top coaches will wait til off season and there will be better options in my opinion. Frankly only hope is the owners turn this operation over to an experienced guy to come in as PHO. Then maybe he would make this franchise more attracting to GM', coaches ECT.

i don't believe you anchorman GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Billznut said:

Horse hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, it's almost 9am. WGR refuses to talk about the subject. Twitter is silent. 

I think there's a good possibility we are stuck with this conjob for the season. What a waste. Could be a 25 game training camp for the next coach to get a feeling of these guys or it could be 25 games for the players themselves to experiment under an interim coach. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

If you were KA why would you fire RK now? The new coach will have the same terrible goaltending to lose games with. 

Wait till Ullmark is well, then fire RK and give the new coach a chance to at least win a few games. Most people won't notice what happened and say, ya, it was the coach, see! 

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Well, it's almost 9am. WGR refuses to talk about the subject. Twitter is silent. 

I think there's a good possibility we are stuck with this conjob for the season. What a waste. Could be a 25 game training camp for the next coach to get a feeling of these guys or it could be 25 games for the players themselves to experiment under an interim coach. 

I'm refreshing my browser every 5 minutes expecting a presser announcement for this afternoon.  If he isn't fired today than he isn't getting fired this season, which just shows how inept and paralyzed this organization STILL is.

7 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

If you were KA why would you fire RK now? The new coach will have the same terrible goaltending to lose games with. 

Wait till Ullmark is well, then fire RK and give the new coach a chance to at least win a few games. Most people won't notice what happened and say, ya, it was the coach, see! 

Who would want to sign with this team in the off-season if they did nothing?  They knew 1/3 of the way in the season this wasn't going to work so they damaged 30 NHL players career numbers while wasted another season trying to figure it out with the same failed pieces?  I wouldn't want to work for, or invest my time or money, into a company like that.  

Edited by SHAAAUGHT!!!

7 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

no. 

Krueger is literally destroying young players. Rasmus Dahlin is a shell of what he was 2 years ago. Fire Krueger now and the new coach can start instituting a new system in a lost season. Goaltending is not solely responsible for this burning building. 

• Like (+1) 1

Perhaps there are ongoing discussions with a few coaches in the background… And they don’t wanna make a move with RK until they’ve solidified a deal with another coach. Even if the chances of that happening are slim… It’s still a possibility. and perhaps the reason why none of this is leaking out is because they’ve asked those potential coaches to please keep their mouth shut about the Sabres talking to them. Who knows I’m just spit balling an idea.