Ralph Krueger needs to go - like yesterday.

MODO Hockey

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Ladies and Gents, I don't think it's happening this season.

My God, so we may not actually win another game this season could be a reality.

This would be the confirmation that we are all living some sick twisted Twilight Zone episode.

May the hockey gods have mercy on our souls.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

So either Krueger is here next year, and we are screwed, or we spend the first several weeks of the season learning a new system and it's likely another "evaluation and inquiry" year.

SMH

Edited by Thorny

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Only hope now is that for some reason, they don't prefer the "interim" route but are waiting for the candidate of their choice to become available.  That could be at the end of the NCAA season, or the end of the NHL season either to grab an assistant coach, or to have a look at NHL HC firings not yet made.

However, the situation is bad enough that an immediate firing is warranted for team morale and our image around the league.  The fact that it has not happened tells me they are not waiting on anyone in particular, and have decided that Ralph will ride out the season.

That gives rise to the question: will he be back next year too?

That remains to be seen, but I think Ralph will be coaching at the end of this season.

Of course, it could get so bad that the Sabres' hand is forced.

That's always possible.

If 1,900 fans start chanting "FIRE RALPH" at all fan attended home games, and we lose another 10 games in a row, maybe Terry will have a re-think.

It is really frustrating for my Sabres fan existence to rest in the arms of a bonafide idiot in Terry Pegula.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, triumph_communes said:

They want to sign Hall extension before firing Krueger

This idea has been making the rounds.  I really hope that is not the case. 

If a concern of that type comes before who the HC is or should be, we have no chance at redemption.

A team *can not* operate in that manner.

• Like (+1) 1

I hate to say it, but a college coach would be consistent with TP's reported wariness about hiring from the old-boy NHL network.  And waiting for the NCAA season to end would explain why RK hasn't been canned yet.  And it would be consistent with Paul Hamilton's recent theorizing, which might be based on sourced info.

Does anyone know of an NCAA coach being hired as an NHL HC and succeeding?  I think one was hired within the past 3 or 4 years but it didn't go well, but I don't recall the specifics and could be completely mistaken.

I suppose it could work, but I'd much rather hire Boudreau.

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I hate to say it, but a college coach would be consistent with TP's reported wariness about hiring from the old-boy NHL network.  And waiting for the NCAA season to end would explain why RK hasn't been canned yet.  And it would be consistent with Paul Hamilton's recent theorizing, which might be based on sourced info.

Does anyone know of an NCAA coach being hired as an NHL HC and succeeding?  I think one was hired within the past 3 or 4 years but it didn't go well, but I don't recall the specifics and could be completely mistaken.

David Quinn I think 

Has averaged 86 points per 82 in his first 2 seasons as Rags bench boss 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Yup, I would not be surprised at all.  Who knows, he could be really good for the team.  He is very highly regarded and I’ve proposed him as a possible candidate in years past.

It just seems like a risky proposition at a time when this team desperately needs something dependable to grasp onto.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Thorny said:

David Quinn I think 

Has averaged 86 points per 82 in his first 2 seasons as Rags bench boss 

Thanks.  I was thinking of Hakstol on the Flyers, who didn't last.  I also realized that Quinn was hired in the same offseason as Jim Montgomery, an NCAA coach who was hired by Dallas and also didn't last. 

Surprisingly Petere asked Friedman about Boudreau’s Comments yesterday, EF mentioned that he had not heard them but knows BB wants back in to coaching. Dream Job Toronto, Born and played their, would love Buffalo as well, grew up in St Catherines. 

The only thing I trust is for the Pegulas to make the wrong decision. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2