Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

53 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

NHL's worst contracts by team...interesting stuff

https://thehockeywriters.com/every-nhl-teams-worst-contract/?fbclid=IwAR0UaCkrB3DG_pYneDJZJAqo6bkeFLDUrLIn13Gll52W9eFRxKHJ9M_pd24

no surprise ours is the Skinner deal of course. What this do es show is that we are not the only idiots giving absolutely absurd contracts out...there are some contracts here that are beyond mind-boggling. Philly alone have some really bad deals with Hayes being at the forefront. And they forgot Letang on Pittsburg who is at "only" $7.25Mil for another 4 long years!  I also see Corey Perry at a absurd $8.25mil!!!  The list goes on and on...heck we are not anywhere near as bad as many other teams to be honest (in fact we will be sitting pretty good for next year and if KO retires we'll be even better)

This is some rather dated information.

Letang only has 1x7.25mil after this year.

And Perry is now on a cheap contract with MTL

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

The Rangers did not appreciate that. He could have killed Panarin if his head hit the ice there.

Wilson was clearly out of control and needs a year long suspension. 

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That was a dumb, pointless thing to do, leaning on top of a guy laying on the ground and give him a punch for no reason.  It’s not the kind of thing that helps your team.  There is bringing a physical presence and there is just stupid stuff.

Tom Wilson makes bad decisions.

24 minutes ago, Curt said:

That was a dumb, pointless thing to do, leaning on top of a guy laying on the ground and give him a punch for no reason.  It’s not the kind of thing that helps your team.  There is bringing a physical presence and there is just stupid stuff.

Tom Wilson makes bad decisions.

Very true. Love his passion. Love his physicality. But he can be soooo dumb and dirty.  Shame.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Tom Wilson was doing things that hockey still allows, and was trying to get his team fired up. 

Ill take one or two of them on the Sabres for next season, please. 

I'm not willing to cross the moral line of "punching a man's face into the ice" so my hockey team can be a little better and maybe get a very temporary boost. I also hope my team doesn't need anyone to punch a man's face into the ice in order to get fired up.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I'm not willing to cross the moral line of "punching a man's face into the ice" so my hockey team can be a little better and maybe get a very temporary boost. I also hope my team doesn't need anyone to punch a man's face into the ice in order to get fired up.

I’ll take the guy punching a mans face over getting Ryan Miller trucked over and nobody doing anything about it. 

As much as the rules have changed, this is still hockey. Not tennis. You also can’t trust the refs when it’s a Bruins vs Sabres game. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I’ll take the guy punching a mans face over getting Ryan Miller trucked over and nobody doing anything about it. 

As much as the rules have changed, this is still hockey. Not tennis. You also can’t trust the refs when it’s a Bruins vs Sabres game. 

What happened to Miller has nothing to do with what Wilson did. You can respond to the Miller incident without doing the things Tom Wilson does. This is like someone robbing your house and wanting them to legalize bazookas instead of just buying a security system.

51 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Tom Wilson was doing things that hockey still allows, and was trying to get his team fired up. 

He was given a ten minute misconduct, clearly it is not allowed. 

2 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

This is false.  Hockey does not allow what he did.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Schoolyard BS that too many hockey people think more than OK, but even somehow required.

I don't think anybody thinks what Tom Wilson did there was required. but it happens. 

See if there is supplementary discipline (which there should be). he's a repeat offender . Was already suspended this year for a head hit. He should lose playoff games this year. If not, it's inadequate. 

6 hours ago, Norcal said:

The Rangers did not appreciate that. He could have killed Panarin if his head hit the ice there.

His head did hit the ice and now Panarin is done for the year so Wilson should be too.

9 hours ago, Norcal said:

He also could have messed up Panarin's legs.  Just so much dirtiness.  He shouldn't play until game 41 next season.