Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

36 minutes ago, Hoss said:

He left as a free agent as many players do. By all accounts he had interest in returning and the team failed to get it done.

They key is to not negotiate during the season, thus giving you a shorter window to get it done

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Because of the statement they issued?

Guess ownership didn't want to get the league's Lindy Ruff & Tom Golisano treatments, if that's the reason.  Strange timing if it isn't.

This is crazy given the gains the Rangers have made under these two.

I hope Drury fails, partly because New York, but mostly because of his sour disposition and the open disdain he has for a city that put him on a pedestal.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Information now coming out the owner fired 5hem for trying to distance themselves from the statement. If so, I have much respect for the Rangers owner.

James Dolan? You have got to be kidding right? Look him up, they don't make bigger douches

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

You can believe that if you want the dude played us he lied  and the one that wanted to stay we let him walk right out the door 

How so?  Please be specific and provide links.

1 hour ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

James Dolan? You have got to be kidding right? Look him up, they don't make bigger douches

He may very well be a douche, but, in this case, he's spot on correct. I posted elsewhere, and with Sabrespacer's, I know you guys already know, but the Wilson incident isn't remotely over. Owners wield vast power over the NHL, via the Board of Governors, the GM meetings and so on. They invest heavily in those star and superstar assets, Tom Wilson, right or wrong, threatens those assets. His time is numbered, and that Rangers statement, from an original 6 storied organization, resonates not only with many of the sports fans, but other owners as well, as some of them assuredly deem Tom Wilson a threat to their assets as well via his inability to control himself. Tom Wilson's days are numbered I'd more than surmise, and Parros and Bettman have just been put on blast notice, owners will not tolerate their assets being needlessly put at risk, imho.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

He may very well be a douche, but, in this case, he's spot on correct. I posted elsewhere, and with Sabrespacer's, I know you guys already know, but the Wilson incident isn't remotely over. Owners wield vast power over the NHL, via the Board of Governors, the GM meetings and so on. They invest heavily in those star and superstar assets, Tom Wilson, right or wrong, threatens those assets. His time is numbered, and that Rangers statement, from an original 6 storied organization, resonates not only with many of the sports fans, but other owners as well, as some of them assuredly deem Tom Wilson a threat to their assets as well via his inability to control himself. Tom Wilson's days are numbered I'd more than surmise, and Parros and Bettman have just been put on blast notice, owners will not tolerate their assets being needlessly put at risk, imho.

When you say it's not over with Wilson I'm not sure what you mean. E Friedman just reported nothing further will  occur. The league has spoken and nothing further except a likely Rangers fine. Furthermore, the league has a vast tolerance and try not to completely eliminate this type of behavior to placate the "old" guard. One hand they do this, and on the other they say we are committed to cleaning up the game. That is how you end up with this kind of situation repeatedly.

EDIT: what's the first thing you always hear after these situation? you hear that All 31 GMs would love to have Tom Wilson. He's going no where unless he kills someone literally.

Edited by Torpedo Forecheck

2 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

When you say it's not over with Wilson I'm not sure what you mean. E Friedman just reported nothing further will  occur. The league has spoken and nothing further except a likely Rangers fine. Furthermore, the league has a vast tolerance and try not to completely eliminate this type of behavior to placate the "old" guard. One hand they do this, and on the other they say we are committed to cleaning up the game. That is how you end up with this kind of situation repeatedly.

EDIT: what's the first thing you always hear after these situation? you hear that All 31 GMs would love to have Tom Wilson. He's going no where unless he kills someone literally.

Nah, this isn't over. As I said, the owners are in the drivers seat via the Board of Governors, players who are unable to control their on ice behavior and are a consistent injury threat to top end assets will most definitely be a topic of discussion at the meetings. And once again, rightfully so, seeing as it's the owners that are pouring money in to those assets. Again, imho.

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Anyone else find it odd they gave Gostisbehere 2 games for his little frustration shove on Friedman the next day after giving Wilson nothing? 

Indeed. There is  alot of push back from the old guard on this situation. On the NHL radio, it's been all about how Panarin jumped on Wilson's back, and POKED THE BEAR. And, all GMS want Tom Wilson on their teams. It may well be the case, but the league is supposedly trying to clean the game up and protect the stars. The old guard is pushing back for their boy Tom Wilson.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Anyone else find it odd they gave Gostisbehere 2 games for his little frustration shove on Friedman the next day after giving Wilson nothing? 

Odd?

Is Tom Wilson's team headed to the playoffs?  Yes.

Is Ghost-berries team headed to the playoffs?  No.

Uh, what was the question?  😉

The league has been & is run by dinosaurs.  No surprise whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Odd?

Is Tom Wilson's team headed to the playoffs?  Yes.

Is Ghost-berries team headed to the playoffs?  No.

Uh, what was the question?  😉

The league has been & is run by dinosaurs.  No surprise whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Indeed. There is  alot of push back from the old guard on this situation. On the NHL radio, it's been all about how Panarin jumped on Wilson's back, and POKED THE BEAR. And, all GMS want Tom Wilson on their teams. It may well be the case, but the league is supposedly trying to clean the game up and protect the stars. The old guard is pushing back for their boy Tom Wilson.

Wilson didn't seek out and go after Panarin.   If they're trying to clean the game up then suspend Panarin for being 3rd man in on the Wilson/Strome scrap.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

I'm pretty much old guard myself, but it's not the Panarin injury for me it's the punch to Bushnevich that deserves the suspension imo. Glove on, punch to the back of the head, player's head meets ice. A punch to the back of the head (a defenseless player to use their terms) has been suspended many times in the past. He's a repeat repeat offender so he doesn't get the didn't mean to accidental excuses. He willfully punched the guy's head from behind his head.

Punching a guy with your glove on deserves a suspension. Punching a guy in the back of the head deserves that suspension increased substantially. 

I'm old guard and hitting is fine. Face to face willing fights are fine. Defending yourself is fine. Back of the head is gutless goon hockey and has to be punished. 

• Like (+1) 5

36 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Wilson didn't seek out and go after Panarin.   If they're trying to clean the game up then suspend Panarin for being 3rd man in on the Wilson/Strome scrap.

Wilson had nothing to do with anything , he didn't hit Buchenvich in the back of the head, he didn't throw Panarin down barely avoiding hitting his head on the ice, and he's a picked on guy who would have been lionized 15 years ago. After all, 31 teams want him. Therefore, Panarin needs to stay away and not poke the bear.

38 minutes ago, Norcal said:

The three fights at the drop of the puck was pretty cool. The rest were just unnecessary. 

Nah, ***** it.

With Parros reportedly in the building tonight, Rangers management potentially being fired partially about this, and with John Scott's accurate prediction that it's game on now, let the Rangers players get their anger out about Panini Bread getting sidelined.  It gets served with a zesty side of league embarrassment.

And the only consequence from Parros will be what, exactly?

the simpsons tips GIF

That, or a makeup-call of a suspension.

• Haha (+1) 1