Around the NHL: 2021

WildCard

15 minutes ago, SwampD said:

And yes, I see the irony in me being 8th on the post count list on a message board about sports.

😂

Any poor comedy is inherently more admirable when it’s self aware 

Edited by Thorny

16 hours ago, SwampD said:

I love football. I don’t give two shytz about the draft. I think it is beyond stupid.

I love the NFL draft, but I long for the old days of Berman and Kiper at the MSG Forum(and then Radio City Music Hall).  Since they took it on the road, and Berman got the boot a few years ago, it has become more spectacle than substance.

11 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I love the NFL draft, but I long for the old days of Berman and Kiper at the MSG Forum(and then Radio City Music Hall).  Since they took it on the road, and Berman got the boot a few years ago, it has become more spectacle than substance.

If you approach it from the right perspective, it is comedy gold. The stupid cliches, comparing players to cattle, players left sitting in the “green room” for days.  Endless amounts of ridiculousness.  I’m certainly not tuning in for Mel Kipers breakdown at any sort of informative level. 

My money is on the Vegas Golden Knights to win the 2021 Stanley Cup. It's a matter of goaltending. Fleury is 22-10 / 2.08 and Lehner is 12-1 / 2.04. The Knights have scored 165 while giving up a mere 105 goals all year long.

Compare that to the Sabres goal output, goaltending and goal differential and you'll understand why I posted the photo below.

Boy-with-a-Dunce-Hat-On.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, inkman said:

If you approach it from the right perspective, it is comedy gold. The stupid cliches, comparing players to cattle, players left sitting in the “green room” for days.  Endless amounts of ridiculousness.  I’m certainly not tuning in for Mel Kipers breakdown at any sort of informative level. 

That is what made Berman and Kiper great over the years...so entertaining...not for the thorough analysis.

9 hours ago, inkman said:

Sorry ball don’t lie. Over 15 million viewers for last years draft, less than 1/2 mill average for a NBC hockey game (I can only imagine what NBCSports ratings were).  

This years draft was 30 million viewers.  

Up 2-0 and 3-1 and lose 5-3 to the Habs tonight...If you guys are looking for a coach, Maurice should be available after this year.

The Jets have about 10 games left in this season.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Kong said:

My money is on the Vegas Golden Knights to win the 2021 Stanley Cup. It's a matter of goaltending. Fleury is 22-10 / 2.08 and Lehner is 12-1 / 2.04. The Knights have scored 165 while giving up a mere 105 goals all year long.

Compare that to the Sabres goal output, goaltending and goal differential and you'll understand why I posted the photo below.

Boy-with-a-Dunce-Hat-On.jpg

Who's is Vegas' division though. 

Ducks, Sharks, Yotes, Blues, Kings all are either bad or have had bad years. Avalanche are good. Minnesota is decent for sure. So they have an easy division. 

15 hours ago, #freejame said:

The athletic reported 12.6m

I believe you I’m just going off what Goodell said in his pre-day 2 schpiel.  He has every reason to embellish.  Maybe he’s counting people like me who aren’t watching but are unsure if their Rokus ever turn off and are secretly giving shows additional ratings. But I digress...

On 4/29/2021 at 12:14 PM, Weave said:

Agree with this.  First part of the season by my eye he was our most dynamic player.

He played well for about 2-3 weeks.  After that not much.  When Eichel went down he quit.  He is worst kind of bum of a hockey player because he has skills to do better.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/1/2021 at 4:48 PM, Hoss said:

It was most definitely a Siri autocorrect.

Who is in control? Siri, or you?

“Hey, that nail is in crooked.”

”AHHH, that was Siri, not me.”

Edited by Andrew Amerk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Who is in control? Siri, or you?

“Hey, that nail is in crooked.”

”AHHH, that was Siri, not me.”

The answer is it’s Sabrespace and as much love/respect I have for you all I don’t have enough energy to spend checking wtf I’m typing. Half of what I’ve said is probably not what I actually mean.

NHL's worst contracts by team...interesting stuff

https://thehockeywriters.com/every-nhl-teams-worst-contract/?fbclid=IwAR0UaCkrB3DG_pYneDJZJAqo6bkeFLDUrLIn13Gll52W9eFRxKHJ9M_pd24

no surprise ours is the Skinner deal of course. What this do es show is that we are not the only idiots giving absolutely absurd contracts out...there are some contracts here that are beyond mind-boggling. Philly alone have some really bad deals with Hayes being at the forefront. And they forgot Letang on Pittsburg who is at "only" $7.25Mil for another 4 long years!  I also see Corey Perry at a absurd $8.25mil!!!  The list goes on and on...heck we are not anywhere near as bad as many other teams to be honest (in fact we will be sitting pretty good for next year and if KO retires we'll be even better)

Edited by Sabre fan