2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

Not sure how we get a 1 for Hall and 2 for Staal

I think Hall can fetch a first but Stall’s stock has fallen. KA may have to play hardball and hope Stall’s reputation is still solid. If other teams use this board for research, Sabres would be lucky to get a third.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, #freejame said:

That’s the best deal you’re going to get for him. If you think Eichel should be traded, that’s the deal you take. 

I agree but let’s not act like there is another choice on the list that’s acceptable.  Yes, the offer that’s 10x better than the other offer is...uh...better.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

That’s the best deal you’re going to get for him. If you think Eichel should be traded, that’s the deal you take. 

I think that’s the best deal that you’re NOT going to get.  I don’t see LA doing that.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Curt said:

I think that’s the best deal that you’re NOT going to get.  I don’t see LA doing that.

And there's the problem with trade speculation. It's a sausage fest for a bunch of us in our mancaves and mothers' basements.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

And there's the problem with trade speculation. It's a sausage fest for a bunch of us in our mancaves and mothers' basements.

Ladies can crank out irresponsible trade speculation just as well as any man can!

(Did you use the term sausage fest appropriately?  It’s supposed to be a gathering out event with lots of guys and no gals.  Circle jerk would have been a more appropriate term for our self serving trade fantasizing.)

• Like (+1) 1

I'm somewhere in the middle of the "trade Eichel" and the "are you $%^@^@ stupid!?" camps. It's so hard to find elite talent like him - he truly is one of the most talented players to ever play for this franchise ... but it's also pretty clear this whole thing is going nowhere fast. Different sport but there was an argument for years that the Mariners should've moved Felix Hernandez for the massive haul he was worth to help build an actual roster and they never did. You wonder if we're in a similar boat.

All of those proposals above are absolute trash except the Kings one, though. You HAVE to get at least one KNOWN young NHL commodity in that deal, though. Adrian Kempe isn't quite that. I don't think LA really has that. Vilardi is close but not a definitive yet.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

I'm somewhere in the middle of the "trade Eichel" and the "are you $%^@^@ stupid!?" camps. It's so hard to find elite talent like him - he truly is one of the most talented players to ever play for this franchise ... but it's also pretty clear this whole thing is going nowhere fast. Different sport but there was an argument for years that the Mariners should've moved Felix Hernandez for the massive haul he was worth to help build an actual roster and they never did. You wonder if we're in a similar boat.

All of those proposals above are absolute trash except the Kings one, though. You HAVE to get at least one KNOWN young NHL commodity in that deal, though. Adrian Kempe isn't quite that. I don't think LA really has that. Vilardi is close but not a definitive yet.

Welcome back, good to see you.

On the whole I agree but I'm in the second camp. We went through the tank for Jack, and he's the best talent I've ever seen on the Sabres. He's still young, and there's talent around him. Just hire a good coach and make a few moves and we can salvage this.

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Another soul returns...

I don't want them to trade Eichel unless they can get a few good players back.  I don't think even one is enough.

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends ...

... come inside the shows about to start ...

It seems more and more that Eich has all the skill and none of the brains.  That said, an elite first line centre is the hardest position player to find in the NHL.  The Sabres have one, so Eichel should not under any circumstances be traded at this time.  The return will never be enough.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
all the missing letters ... goodly!!
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends ...

... come inside the shows about to start ...

I seems more and more that Eich has all the skill and none of the brains.  That said, an elite first line centre is the hardest position player to find in the NHL.  The Sabres have one, so Eichel should not under any circumstances be traded at this time.  The return will never be enough.

I always harken back to the Pegula's mission statement on the Sabres. "We want players that want to be here".

Trading Eichel may be a foregone conclusion if, in fact, he doesn't want to be here.

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I always harken back to the Pegula's mission statement on the Sabres. "We want players that want to be here".

Trading Eichel may be a foregone conclusion if, in fact, he doesn't want to be here.

I never believe a player when they say they do not want to be here, where ever here may be.  I truly beleive that Eichel wants to play in Buffalo and wants to win a cup here.  It's a great city, with great fans.

• Like (+1) 1

I want everyone to think about what this team looks like without Eichel. The LA trade idea was in the ballpark, we are talking Byfield, Turcotte, 2 firsts, Kempe to kick start that trade because you have to win that trade. You can't break even on the trade, you can't lose the trade. You have to win it and if you don't, this team will wonder in the darkness for at least another 5 years. Right now with some proper trades we might only be awful next season. Then we could compete for a playoff spot... if nothing changes, we're a basement dwelling dumpster fire that can't draft. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

You HAVE to get at least one KNOWN young NHL commodity in that deal, though.

This, times 1,000. People get so stupid when projecting prospects: "there's no way we're giving up Lafreniere" Of course you are, if Lafreniere hits his ceiling, he's still not as good as Eichel.

These two together wouldn't get me to bite, but for me, one of the guys coming back has to be at least as good as Reinhart, and one of the prospects has be at least as rated as Cozens...

46 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I want everyone to think about what this team looks like without Eichel. The LA trade idea was in the ballpark, we are talking Byfield, Turcotte, 2 firsts, Kempe to kick start that trade because you have to win that trade. You can't break even on the trade, you can't lose the trade. You have to win it and if you don't, this team will wonder in the darkness for at least another 5 years. Right now with some proper trades we might only be awful next season. Then we could compete for a playoff spot... if nothing changes, we're a basement dwelling dumpster fire that can't draft. 

..unless you get prospect basket that carries — in addition to being overflowing with talent — the cap space to acquire another Reinhart by other means.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This, times 1,000. People get so stupid when projecting prospects: "there's no way we're giving up Lafreniere" Of course you are, if Lafreniere hits his ceiling, he's still not as good as Eichel.

These two together wouldn't get me to bite, but for me, one of the guys coming back has to be at least as good as Reinhart, and one of the prospects has be at least as rated as Cozens...

..unless you get prospect basket that carries — in addition to being overflowing with talent — the cap space to acquire another Reinhart by other means.

I need two Cozens tier prospects. I want 1 Reinhart level player and I want at least 2 firsts. 

AKA I don't think we should trade Eichel. It is a mistake.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

Its Alive Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Here is the problem with trading Eichel.  How do you replace him?  

What contender goes to battle without a top center?  What team wins a Cup without at least one Norris type D? These are essential building blocks and we have those blocks.  Now fix the rest.  

Start by fixing the front office and the coaching.  Next find a gosh darn legit 2C even if it costs VO.  Find a partner for Dahlin and find 2 solid goalies (or Ullmark and a very good backup).  After that everything else will fall into place.  

We've mentioned them before, but either Strome might be a place to look.  The NYR Strome has one year left at 4.5 giving Cozens another year development year and the Athletic says that the NYR will take a 2nd and a prospect for him.  I'd do it now if I were KA.  I'd also go kick the tires on Ekholm.  He is a solid player, who drives possession and is good defensively.  Price maybe to high, but at least look, especially if they think McCabe is walking.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

Couldn't agree more on all counts, and welcome back stranger

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Here is the problem with trading Eichel.  How do you replace him?  

What contender goes to battle without a top center?  What team wins a Cup without at least one Norris type D? These are essential building blocks and we have those blocks.  Now fix the rest.  

Start by fixing the front office and the coaching.  Next find a gosh darn legit 2C even if it costs VO.  Find a partner for Dahlin and find 2 solid goalies (or Ullmark and a very good backup).  After that everything else will fall into place.  

We've mentioned them before, but either Strome might be a place to look.  The NYR Strome has one year left at 4.5 giving Cozens another year development year and the Athletic says that the NYR will take a 2nd and a prospect for him.  I'd do it now if I were KA.  I'd also go kick the tires on Ekholm.  He is a solid player, who drives possession and is good defensively.  Price maybe to high, but at least look, especially if they think McCabe is walking.  

Adams isn't going after Strome.

His moves will be geared toward acquiring Chris Drury/Rod Brind'Amour/Kevyn Adams/Jay McKee "burn to win" types.

Trust me, it will be our new flavour of the day.

• Like (+1) 1