2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

As long as you dont find a coach that is good enough for this team it doesnt matter what players u trade for does it.

That is my point. I would not trade key players to this team.

I don't know about Victor fitting here, but I think you have to be seriously looking at trading some of our key players who have experienced too much losing. Give your new coach a canvas with a little less baggage.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dudacek said:

I don't know about Victor fitting here, but I think you have to be seriously looking at trading some of our key players who have experienced too much losing. Give your new coach a canvas with a little less baggage.

Like we have last 10 seasons, and how did that work out, not so good yea?

I do not agree with you at all. We just see this completly different.

9 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

As long as you dont find a coach that is good enough for this team it doesnt matter what players u trade for does it.

That is my point. I would not trade key players to this team.

I'm in between on coaching or player chemistry as the problem. We have talent that don't seem to mesh as a team. Question is is it only a matter of coaching? Combination?

5 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Like we have last 10 seasons, and how did that work out, not so good yea?

I do not agree with you at all. We just see this completly different.

Not sure what you are referring to here? Other than O'Reilly, what core players have we traded since the tank? Myers?

24 minutes ago, Radar said:

I'm in between on coaching or player chemistry as the problem. We have talent that don't seem to mesh as a team. Question is is it only a matter of coaching? Combination?

If your trying to sell a product and your missing key ingrediants its still gonna sell, just not as good as a good product would, eventually. 

My point is, i strongly believe that a 'perfect fit' as a coach is the only thing that can turn this team around, it's been a decade now without playoffs. Trading players back and forth for this team does not make the trick as for other teams, aslong as we dont find the once again 'perfect fit', that will stay here for more than 2 seasons and progress to be so successful that it eventually mindfu-ck the illusion of that "this team never will win anything" to the degree that people start to believe again.

We still gonna keep trading key assets to this team, i'm sure. I just dont think its the way to approach this situation right now.

Edited by MODO Hockey

Just now, dudacek said:

Not sure what you are referring to here? Other than O'Reilly, what core players have we traded since the tank? Myers?

I'm not specifically talking about core players. Key players, it doesnt have to be core players. A core player is Jack Eichle, a key player is Victor Olofsson. That is how i see it anyways.

26 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

I'm not specifically talking about core players. Key players, it doesnt have to be core players. A core player is Jack Eichle, a key player is Victor Olofsson. That is how i see it anyways.

So, besides Victor, which other Sabres should not be traded?

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

Linus
Jack
Jeff
Taylor
Rasmus x 3
Tobias
Dylan
Henri
Jake
Colin 

Edit:

And you?

Jeff is probably not tradeable with his contract. Linus,Jack, Dylan, Risto,Dalin, and Rhino.Everyone else I would consider in trades.

Edited by Radar

51 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

Linus
Jack
Jeff
Taylor
Rasmus x 3
Tobias
Dylan
Henri
Jake
Colin 

Edit:

And you?

If they called for Jack, Dahlin, and Dylan, I'd say "be prepared to pay more than you want to, or there's no point in talking." I'd add Sam, Linus and Jake to that list if I knew they were going to re-sign.

There are others I'm fine with keeping, but I would trade any player on this team for the right return.

Edited by dudacek

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

If they called for Jack, Dahlin, and Dylan, I'd say "be prepared to pay more than you want to, or there's no point in talking." I'd add Sam, Linus and Jake to that list if I knew they were going to re-sign.

There are others I'm fine with keeping, but I would trade any player on this team for the right return.

You do that, maybe you would trade for Ralph Kreuger aswell? you sure was on fire when he was hired. Now look at you.

No offense, but we just dont agree at any certain point when it comes to trading. 

15 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

You do that, maybe you would trade for Ralph Kreuger aswell? you sure was on fire when he was hired. Now look at you.

No offense, but we just dont agree at any certain point when it comes to trading. 

What do you mean, I'm as handsome as ever, no matter how Ralph treated me. 😜

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I would feel better if Karmanos was here to assist with TDL moves.  What the heck are they doing.  Hire him or hire someone else before Adams pulls the trigger on a deal that will set the franchise back even more. 

To be honest, I don’t feel this way.  Adams has not made any stupid trades yet, I feel like he has a decent grasp on who he wants to trade before the deadline, and what their value is.  I feel unreasonably confident that he can handle this TDL business just fine.

You think he is going to make huge moves before the offseason?  I think it just be UFAs moving out.

With all this said, I still want Karmanos and more added to the FO staff.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I would feel better if Karmanos was here to assist with TDL moves.  What the heck are they doing.  Hire him or hire someone else before Adams pulls the trigger on a deal that will set the franchise back even more. 

Word on the street is he's had a second interview and it could be soon.

10 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Would you trade Olofsson and Montour for Konecny and Ghostisbehere?

Philadelphia wouldn’t even counter this after they’d just hangout and text Terry to hire a real GM.

Again, for clarity: Konecy was a healthy scratch in January. The problem has gone away and he remains a very good young forward on a very good contract.

4 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Linus
Jack
Jeff
Taylor
Rasmus x 3
Tobias
Dylan
Henri
Jake
Colin 

Edit:

And you?

I can’t fathom looking at this team and viewing more than one or two guys as guys you won’t trade. There isn’t a player on this roster or in this system that I’m a 100% no on. The player I’d be least likely to trade is Cozens, though. I’m obviously not on board with trading Eichel yet but if you can get four/five building pieces for him (including multiple NOW impact pieces and something good for the future) then you have to consider it.

21 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I can’t fathom looking at this team and viewing more than one or two guys as guys you won’t trade. There isn’t a player on this roster or in this system that I’m a 100% no on. The player I’d be least likely to trade is Cozens, though. I’m obviously not on board with trading Eichel yet but if you can get four/five building pieces for him (including multiple NOW impact pieces and something good for the future) then you have to consider it.

More or less, agreed.  
Im fairly bullish on Cozens.  Gimme a blockbuster and Im moving any or all of Jack, Sam, and Rasmus the Younger.

A middle of the road veteran 1C with playoff chops, a teams #1 prospect (preferably also a C), a #2 RW with playoff chops, and the rest are minor details in a Jack trade I’m not turning down without serious thought.

ETA - you aren’t winning a trade where you are trading Jack.  But the goal isn’t to win the trade, it is to bring in the kind of competitive support that we should have brought in 6 years ago.  The kind of players that will ensure our kids don’t play until they are ready, yet still win an acceptable number of games and compete for a playoff spot.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 5

5 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Linus
Jack
Jeff
Taylor
Rasmus x 3
Tobias
Dylan
Henri
Jake
Colin 

Edit:

And you?

Biggest problem of this team not even players, but coaches and organization system.  We need to hire best coach and let him to do all what he want with players and this failed system..

5 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Word on the street is he's had a second interview and it could be soon.

Karamanos was hired after the first interview. The second interview was him asking if he could leave.😜

25 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

1st and Klim Kostin from the Blues. Make it hurt a little😀

• Like (+1) 1