2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Curt said:

That would be a nice one.  I’d say the likelihood is about 0% though.

How about Staal for Jack Drury. 

I am saying if we trade Staal to Carolina we should get one of their many many good forward prospects to make up for our complete lack of forward prospects outside of Quinn and JJP

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Players in Carolina's system of interest... 

Seth Jarvis

Noel Gunler

Zion Nybeck

Ryan Suzuki

Jamieson Rees

Patrick Puistola

Jack Drury

I think the Sabres only get a draft pick in Return for Staal.  He old, not very good, and disgruntled.  We’d be lucky to get a 2nd.  I’m actually hoping we can get that much. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

I think the Sabres only get a draft pick in Return for Staal.  He old, not very good, and disgruntled.  We’d be lucky to get a 2nd.  I’m actually hoping we can get that much. 

Staal, our 2nd for one of their prospects. We are bad at drafting and this draft is meh, use a pick to get an older prospect. 

Staal +2nd for Drury, or Suzuki or whomever we think we can get. 

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Staal, our 2nd for one of their prospects. We are bad at drafting and this draft is meh, use a pick to get an older prospect. 

I’d love it, I just don’t see it happening.  

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don’t know Carolina’s appetite for a trade like this, but this seems a lot more likely than Jarvis.

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We aren't smart enough to figure out a trade with Carolina and yes, I am aware that Seth Jarvis is not being traded. 

True. They're not moving him...

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Seth Jarvis for Staal and our First

Well... I mean... at this rate it's going to be a top-5 pick. Jarvis could be great, but a top-5 and a veteran to help in the playoffs...

(Also -- as of this morning, the Sabres are officially last in the league based on P%. They have some games in hand on Detroit, but. Yeah. Just a but.)

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

True. They're not moving him...

Well... I mean... at this rate it's going to be a top-5 pick. Jarvis could be great, but a top-5 and a veteran to help in the playoffs...

(Also -- as of this morning, the Sabres are officially last in the league based on P%. They have some games in hand on Detroit, but. Yeah. Just a but.)

Jarvis is probably a better prospect than anyone in this upcoming draft class.

It could be argued either way, but there isn’t anyone who stands out as being above Jarvis.

5 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I'm seriously wondering why anyone thinks that Staal is an added value to our top five draft pick. His play has been absolute dogpoo. You couldn't look any more done than he looks.

if Carolina wants him you aren't getting anything more than a low pick in a future year. That's it. It's a mercy killing at this point. He has no actual value.

The "insider" buzz is we might recoup a 2nd rounder.

If the team that wants him has scouts, I can't see it.

5 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I'm seriously wondering why anyone thinks that Staal is an added value to our top five draft pick. His play has been absolute dogpoo. You couldn't look any more done than he looks.

if Carolina wants him you aren't getting anything more than a low pick in a future year. That's it. It's a mercy killing at this point. He has no actual value.

How hard do you think he is trying at this point?  Why would he be motivated?

Teams are going to look at some players on this team and determine that if they had something to play for and they weren't handcuffed by the coach there might be very different results.  Remember, it's not just US questioning what the Sabres are doing.  Analysts, former captains, etc. are all wondering what the Sabres are doing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thewookie1 said:

Friedman said a 2nd could be had for Staal. 

Get a 1st for Hall(50%)

a 2nd for Staal(50%)

a 2nd/3rd for Montour(50%)

a 5th for Reider perhaps.

I will be pleasantly surprised if a second for Staal is there. Friedman???  So,so for me.

Raise your hand if you have confidence that our GM, who has zero prior deadline experience will be able to extract market value, or perhaps even flat-out win a trade working against real GMs? Was KA ever around the warroom with JB while he was managing the Jr. Sabres? 

Come deadline he's going to get desperate and sell low because he's in over his head. My sense is that more embarrassment is forthcoming.