2020-21 Trade Rumors and Speculation

37 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Botterill really empowered Reinhart and Ullmark

I’m not blaming him on Ullmark. You weren’t signing him to a long-term deal before. I probably wouldn’t now, either.

55 minutes ago, steveoath said:

I wonder if we can agree to trade Ullmark but resign him in Summer. Seems like the kind of guy that would see the big picture.

You can’t have those conversations now TECHNICALLY because it’s tampering.

52 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

What you could do is put your best offer in the summer on the table to his representatives now so they can see it.  Once you trade him you can't do that again until he's a UFA.  At least that way there would only be two teams who could present contract offers to him before he became a UFA, the Sabres and Leafs.

I need to remind myself that Seattle is in play this summer as well and they have no cap obligations and need goalies also. 

You wouldn’t be able to do a “hey we’re not actually offering this now but this is what we will offer in the summer” because tampering but you could definitely make him your best offer now. The problem with any sort of “hey this is what we will offer you this summer” tho is what he does for the next few months post-trade absolutely would impact his contract value.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

You wouldn’t be able to do a “hey we’re not actually offering this now but this is what we will offer in the summer” because tampering but you could definitely make him your best offer now. The problem with any sort of “hey this is what we will offer you this summer” tho is what he does for the next few months post-trade absolutely would impact his contract value.

Oh it totally would, but you can't tamper with a player you currently have.  This is what we can offer you today, this is what we would consider offering you after the season when the cap numbers change but before you are a UFA.  He's under contract to you, you can negotiate extensions.  It would be impossible for anyone to prove.  You couldn't write anything down or even make a gentleman's agreement but you could absolutely say something like this is our offer today and this is our offer on June 1st so long as the player is still under your control which Ullmark is and would be on June 1st.  You couldn't assume a trade was going to happen if you were trying to pursue a tampering case against the Sabres.

Whatever, it's moot anyway.  I'm sure the Sabres and Ullmark's representatives have been talking already and have a good idea of what each other want out of the next deal.

There is zero reason why the following players should still be Sabres when the TDL clock strikes zero...

Hall
Montour
Reider
Sheahan
Ullmark(if he has stated he will not re-sign w/the Sabres)
Irwin(bag of pucks and a stale soft pretzel?)

17 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

There is zero reason why the following players should still be Sabres when the TDL clock strikes zero...

Hall
Montour
Reider
Sheahan

Add Eakin and Miller. 

Ullmark is not in this great negotiating position that some have portrayed. 
1) There are only 32 starting spots

2) Seattle will have their pick of guys like Jake Allen, already under contract

3) Most teams realize that starting goalies of his ilk aren’t getting more then $5K per, probably closer to $4/4.5.

4) his injury history

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Add Eakin and Miller. 

Sure!  I was just focusing on all the pending UFA's, but if anyone wants turds like Eakin and Miller...their one way tickets out of Buffalo are ready to go, just awaiting destinations.

Edited by LabattBlue
17 hours ago, Brawndo said:

If Pegula has a say in the list, Risto is a lock. 

That being said I’m not sure that it’s great asset management to protect the teams highest paid D Man when he requires another player to prop him up. 

"Not great asset management" could be the Pegula era Sabres theme song.

Really not sure whether Ristolainen should be protected if they plan on bringing McCabe back, but would lean strongly in that direction if they know he will be back.

9 minutes ago, steveoath said:

Something please happen......

Over It Reaction GIF

I think we're going to see some movement today and tomorrow. Just a good feels kinda morning.

Of course, that could be because it's Friday, it could be because of the nicer weather, or (and I'm leaning towards this one), it could be because the laxative in Tim Hortons coffee has me feeling, relieved shall we say, as my morning constitution felt like a Taylor Hall, Montour, Eakins deadweight package was left in its rightful place...... 🙂

14 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Hall
Montour
Reider
Sheahan

People,have to remember this isn’t a normal year. Flat cap, most team are tapped out with the cap so a lot of guys won’t be moved.  Hall, Montour possibly will be it.

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

People,have to remember this isn’t a normal year. Flat cap, most team are tapped out with the cap so a lot of guys won’t be moved.  Hall, Montour possibly will be it.

We’ve also heard that Adams doesn’t have enough help to manage everything on deadline day so he’s gotta get stuff done early. Being low staffed could affect things here 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

We’ve also heard that Adams doesn’t have enough help to manage everything on deadline day so he’s gotta get stuff done early. Being low staffed could affect things here 

Get the Michael Zigomanis Memorial Fax Machine ready!

39 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

How is Eakin still on this team? I would have waived him already. 

Hated that signing from day one

• Like (+1) 1
39 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I can’t believe he’s under contract for another season.  He’s the worst forward in the NHL.  He gets caved every night while bringing nothing other than an above average FO%.  Coaches need to be educated on how little value that metric has.  He’s exactly Vladimir Sobotka. 

• Like (+1) 1
4 minutes ago, inkman said:

I can’t believe he’s under contract for another season.  He’s the worst forward in the NHL.  He gets caved every night while bringing nothing other than an above average FO%.  Coaches need to be educated on how little value that metric has.  He’s exactly Vladimir Sobotka. 

Yea, Krueger clearly wanted a Sobotka replacement and here we are. 

We're stuck with Eakin.  No one is taking him with another year left on his contract.  We should have just kept Larsson, who signed for less.

• Like (+1) 1
47 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He's only a -6, TRpm of +4.5.

He's less of a liability at ES than as say Sam Reinhart (-24, -9 TRpm) or Victor Olofsson (-20, -7 TRpm).... so should we waive them too?

• Awesome! (+1) 2
Just now, pi2000 said:

He's less of a liability at ES than as say Sam Reinhart (-24, -9 TRpm) or Victor Olofsson (-20, -7 TRpm).... so should we waive them too?

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

• Haha (+1) 2
20 hours ago, steveoath said:

I wonder if we can agree to trade Ullmark but resign him in Summer. Seems like the kind of guy that would see the big picture.

What is the big picture, and why would it encourage Ullmark to re-sign here?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
5 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I mean, sure, if anyone was running an NHL team based on TRpm.  We'd have a team full of Eakins.  Sounds wonderful.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
2 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

What is the big picture, and why would it encourage Ullmark to re-sign here?

an 85" tv that just shows pictures of Sweden #BigPicture

• Haha (+1) 1