Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Sabres Announce GM Jason Botterill has been Fired. Kevyn Adams Named GM

35 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

LaFontaine, Murray, Botterill, Adams. Terry likes 'em young and inexperienced, too grateful to speak truth to power.

No small part of me is already resigned to this being our foreseeable future - and reason to not be excited about anything 

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/02-14-sabres-vice-president-of-business-administration-kevyn-adams

Adams on WGR back in February. Not exactly any clues in there about how he’d run a team — but, frankly, as someone who thought Botterill came across as an idiot in every interview he ever did, I can already tell I’ll find Adams refreshing

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, miles said:

I thought they said he wasn't going. this looks worse than if they said nothing at all while they decided. 

I dont know why I bother following the sabres anymore. the team is laughably bad 

My initial sentiments exactly.

I hope we're both proven wrong

It'll be interesting to see who gets brought in as part of a new management team.

I would expect "experienced" people.

I have to imagine Adams/Krueger will both be answering directly to Kim.

22 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Sexton gone as well

13 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Steve Greeley out as well 

Interesting, but not surprising.  Looks like Eichel casting his support behind Krueger tipped the scales.

• Skeptical 1

Just now, shrader said:

Not that I disagree with you, but there is not a GM in this league who is scouting all of the leagues out there.  That's why they have a scouting staff.

Yeah, but you have to build and set the direction of the staff, and that's more than a part-time job. 

Coaches have assistants, but they are still involved in preparing the team every day of the season.

Combining those responsibilities of both positions under one guy is too heavy a workload to be effective.

If Adams is a mediocre GM, Ralph won't have the time or opportunity to save him.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

@Taro T, Scandy was signed by the Blues for a few years

Danke.

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Oh, just Imagine all the people, living in peace 

This reminds me of that time when, like, 3 days into this quarantine experience, celebs all thought what the people of this country really needed was to see their faces again. So they sang "imagine there's no heaven" to us from their lavish mansions as our family members perished due to a virus

In hindsight their desperate attempts to satiate their craving for attention, 1% of the way into this ordeal, is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3

I guarantee that Adams is the lowest paid GM in the NHL.  This is another move that smacks of cheapness.

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Except one.

Another attempted joke?

2 minutes ago, jad1 said:

Yeah, but you have to build and set the direction of the staff, and that's more than a part-time job. 

Coaches have assistants, but they are still involved in preparing the team every day of the season.

Combining those responsibilities of both positions under one guy is too heavy a workload to be effective.

If Adams is a mediocre GM, Ralph won't have the time or opportunity to save him.

The only way it can possibly work is if that hands on coach only focuses on the NHL side of things, focusing on the players of that level.  He then needs to be on the same page with the developmental guys and trust their evaluation of the prospects.  So yeah, it really comes down entirely to your last sentence.  He's going to need a good group around him so it will be very interesting to listen to the next wave of hire over the upcoming weeks.

I'm listening to the Instigators right now for the first time in a long time.  Craig Rivet with a really crappy internet connection is an interesting step up from his usual self.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, freester said:

I guarantee that Adams is the lowest paid GM in the NHL.  This is another move that smacks of cheapness.

Edited by WildCard
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Murray still?

For a few more weeks I think

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Interesting. I wonder if Adams also hated ROR

I simply do not care anymore. 

Not to give the Pegulas much credit here but, frankly, I don't blame them for picking someone inside the org that they've known for a long time.

They've had plenty of "help" from the league, and advice from outside "experts", and look where it has gotten them? A bunch of schmuck GMs and coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, #freejame said:

I simply do not care anymore. 

superstar billy graham ok GIF by WWE

• Like (+1) 1

Is the viewscreen ready for a remote teleconference? Yes. Ok, good....

You have failed me for the last time, General (M JBot). Captain Kevyn? Make ready to draft new players from beyond our current nets, and hire new staff and free agents, so that we're ready to deploy the RaKru system. You are in command now, General M Kevyn!

Also, RaKru's not a system, he's a man.

7 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Here comes the Russ Brandon Origin Narrative.

and what is this narrative?

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Not to give the Pegulas much credit here but, frankly, I don't blame them for picking someone inside the org that they've known for a long time.

They've had plenty of "help" from the league, and advice from outside "experts", and look where it has gotten them? A bunch of schmuck GMs and coaches.

A different take on this is that the position isn't easy to fill and like NFL QBs, scouted by the best of the best, more fail than succeed.

• Like (+1) 2

Wow!  I guess the owner support statement is truly the kiss of death.  

What exactly has Kevyn Adams done to earn a GM job?  Might as well have named Eichel as GM.

Now we have another 3 year setback as Adams puts his inexperienced hand on the team.  Yeah!  Can't wait.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1