Jump to content
Brawndo

Sabres Announce GM Jason Botterill has been Fired. Kevyn Adams Named GM

Recommended Posts

Just now, klos1963 said:

Philosophical differences? What did they discuss when they interviewed him a few years ago?

That means they like the direction Kruger was going and that he and Botteril weren't on the same page. Kruger won.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Adams has been there for quite a long time it seems like. So thankfully, hopefully, that won't be the case

Hasn't he been there since the Pegulas bought the team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SDS said:

The news is literally still in the air falling out of the frying pan and headed to the floor… Buffalo fan complains. Classic.

I don't think that was a fair take, for a number of reasons.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Local boy, known entity and one of the family, good Pegula Person (fine young man, surely)... classic. That he's cheap is a new and added bonus.

Fair points about Adams - affordable company man.

This goes to @darksabre's point about this being Krueger's team now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

It is both too soon and too late to make a move like this

Some people never can be satisfied.  Too soon and too late?

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

That means they like the direction Kruger was going and that he and Botteril weren't on the same page. Kruger won.

Yeah. Remember the post from Chad D. about how there were multiple disconnects between Botterill and Krueger? We sort of kicked that around, and maybe "meh'd" it a bit, but I think it wound be being prescient.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna hope while I still can that -

 

Philosophical differences involved jason being content to lean on the kids for all major holes, and the pegulas/ralph wanting better for the immediate roster 

Krueger/Adams reconfiguring the organization means that they both work to establish a competent real GM and one of the available good coaches, and we wind up with the organizational structure we have been pining for, and Krueger's year of observations and study have pointed him in this direction, him convincing the pegs that Jason and that structure would never work 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, klos1963 said:

Philosophical differences? What did they discuss when they interviewed him a few years ago?

Or just a few weeks ago when Kim told everyone he wasn't going anywhere?

This really makes the Sabres & Kim look like they are running a very well run organization...........

Did he say All Lives Matter or the 'N' Word recently? Or did they really not want to sign Laaksonen/Really liked Pilut?

Edited by apuszczalowski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

they like the cut of his jib.

only a matter of time before gaustad joins the staff.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, That Aud Smell said:

Yeah. Remember the post from Chad D. about how there were multiple disconnects between Botterill and Krueger? We sort of kicked that around, and maybe "meh'd" it a bit, but I think it would be being prescient.

It's not like there was a great option, but we did just keep the guy who refused to play Skinner with Eichel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

What on earth could have changed the owners' tune?

9.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LaFontaine, Murray, Botterill, Adams. Terry likes 'em young and inexperienced, too grateful to speak truth to power.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I'm gonna hope while I still can that -

 

Philosophical differences involved jason being content to lean on the kids for all major holes 

Krueger/Adams reconfiguring the organization means that they both work to establish a competent real GM and one of the available good coaches, and we wind up with the organizational structure we have been pining for, and Krueger's year of observations and study have pointed him in this direction, him convincing the pegs that Jason and that structure would never work 

Maybe we will finally stop drafting like a drunken college kid playing NHL19

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Or just a few weeks ago when Kim told everyone he wasn't going anywhere?

This really makes the Sabres & Kim look like they are running a very well run organization...........

Did he say All Lives Matter or the 'N' Word recently? Or did they really not want to sign Laaksonen?

I wonder if Pilut bolting was the straw. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They certainly aren’t the first owners to give their guy a vote of confidence and fire him a few weeks later.

And firing Jason is an outstanding move. His team-building failures, let’s just say they are too many to count.

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Hasn't he been there since the Pegulas bought the team?

Given what we've been hearing/reading about the Pegual's, if he has been there that long and has no experience, sounds like they went and got a puppet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Looking forward to another “evaluation year.”

That was always a jason fib. If it is Adams (who has been here and seen the last few years) or a competent gm, we never have to hear anything like that again 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eleven said:

9.

Cant wait for the narrative to surface that Jack got another GM fired.
Botterill got Botterill fired. 

He was a bad GM.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randall Flagg said:

That was always a jason fib. If it is Adams (who has been here and seen the last few years) or a competent gm, we never have to hear anything like that again 

Are you hinting that Adams is temporary, and that he and Ralph will hire a new coach? And then Ralph will take over for Kevyn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

LaFontaine, Murray, Botterill, Adams. Terry likes 'em young and inexperienced, too grateful to speak truth to power.

Like in the other thread, wasn’t LaLa president? I thought he hired GMTM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shrader said:

It's not like there was a great option, but we did just keep the guy who refused to play Skinner with Eichel.

emily obrien do not want GIF by Originals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dudacek said:

Cant wait for the narrative to surface that Jack got another GM fired.
Botterill got Botterill fired. 

He was a bad GM.

I agree.  He was horrible.

But I do think that Eichel's recent comments stirred the pot a bit.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Given what we've been hearing/reading about the Pegual's, if he has been there that long and has no experience, sounds like they went and got a puppet 

But the question is, is it a puppet so they can be more involved or so Krueger can make player decisions at every level?

Also idk if he is a puppet. I think it is premature and while I am extremely hesitant, I will let them play this out because that is what I can do. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...