COVID-19

Indabuff

Using todays stats from Ontario.

80% adults fully vaxxed. 6% on one dose, 14% unvaxxed.

Province wide, 102 people in the ICU are unvaxxed. 7 are fully vaxxed.

Given the stark contrast in the numbers, it's hard to believe Dougie wants to take his chances on natural immunity indefinitely. Especially since he's given up what many would consider a dream job.

If I could sing I'd gladly do it for a cheap seat in the 300s!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

Using todays stats from Ontario.

80% adults fully vaxxed. 6% on one dose, 14% unvaxxed.

Province wide, 102 people in the ICU are unvaxxed. 7 are fully vaxxed.

Given the stark contrast in the numbers, it's hard to believe Dougie wants to take his chances on natural immunity indefinitely. Especially since he's given up what many would consider a dream job.

If I could sing I'd gladly do it for a cheap seat in the 300s!

People are odd. It would take him half a second to get vaccinated. 

Instead he would rather take more time to half-assed explain his choice on Twitter. “Cuz Merica.” Selfish. 

Edited by Andrew Amerk

12 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

The CDC advisory panel almost wholly endorsed boosters. It stopped short in one vote (9-6, I think) of recommending boosters for vulnerable workers. Which is the vote the CDC director overruled.

But you don't care about the facts. You probably have a reliable source that says otherwise.

Yes, the CDC advisory panel voted against offering boosters to those younger than 65 that don't have other immunocompromising issues by a 9-6 vote.  The FDA's advisory panel also rejected approving it for the population in general on 9/17/21 by a 16-2 margin.  The vote was non-binding on the FDA.  As the CDC Director overruled the panel, it appears their recommendation was non-binding as well.   Not sure how either of those votes equate to the "CDC advisory panel almost wholly endors(ing) boosters."  

Both panels approved the boosters for those over 65 & those younger than that with other immunocompromizing issues.  It appears the FDA panel's age cutoff for those immunocompromized was 50 years old.  Haven't seen data on whether the CDC's panel also had the 50 yo age cutoff.

On 9/25/2021 at 9:00 PM, SDS said:

It hasn’t been as well studied as it should be. There is evidence that you can get really good broadbase immunity from it. However, society isn’t set up to verify and document the situation yet. 

they’re just starting to do the studies on the various  combinations. One such study has said that those who have had it and who also have been vaccinated have this super immunity and is the best of all worlds. However, more needs to be done before that’s written in stone.

Yes on the second part... but the studies have been limited... small sample sizes... though the results so far show no infections for those who have had covid and vaxxed.  Yeh sorry don't like Allen's singing... the finger pointing is annoying too.

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Yes on the second part... but the studies have been limited... small sample sizes... though the results so far show no infections for those who have had covid and vaxxed.  Yeh sorry don't like Allen's singing... the finger pointing is annoying too.

Yes, but that sweeping hand gesture to acknowledge us as the “land of the free” to set up the dramatic finger pointing …

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, etiennep99 said:

Losing your job is serious business.  Lock-downs/Mandates putting middle class folks out of business is serious (non) business. Hospitals shutting down wards because they've fired too many staff members who refused the mandate is serious business. BigBusiness (Amazon,etc) consolidating their power even more is serious business.  People dying due to lock-downs is serious business.  Countries like Sweden and now Croatia have said enough is enough and that their countries will no longer proceed with policies which seem to be counter-productive.

Looks like Captain Dunning-Krueger is reporting for duty...

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Taro T said:

Yes, the CDC advisory panel voted against offering boosters to those younger than 65 that don't have other immunocompromising issues by a 9-6 vote.  The FDA's advisory panel also rejected approving it for the population in general on 9/17/21 by a 16-2 margin.  The vote was non-binding on the FDA.  As the CDC Director overruled the panel, it appears their recommendation was non-binding as well.   Not sure how either of those votes equate to the "CDC advisory panel almost wholly endors(ing) boosters."  

Both panels approved the boosters for those over 65 & those younger than that with other immunocompromizing issues.  It appears the FDA panel's age cutoff for those immunocompromized was 50 years old.  Haven't seen data on whether the CDC's panel also had the 50 yo age cutoff.

Cutting through your usual BS, at this moment — everyone over 65; everyone between 18 and 64 with an underlying condition (not just those who are immunocompromised); and everyone working in an occupation that has high-risk exposure to Covid are recommended to receive a booster.

That's a huge swath of the American population. The occupational recommendation is said to encompass 60 million Americans, including grocery store workers. Underlying conditions include hypertension and high BMI, among dozens of other common ailments. Care to count those folks up?

You can quibble about the language ("almost wholly endorse"), but, as they say, it's close enough for government work.

Edited by PASabreFan

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Cutting through your usual BS, at this moment — everyone over 65; everyone between 18 and 64 with an underlying condition (not just those who are immunocompromised); and everyone working in an occupation that has high-risk exposure to Covid are recommended to receive a booster.

That's a huge swath of the American population. The occupational recommendation is said to encompass 60 million Americans, including grocery store workers. Underlying conditions include hypertension and high BMI, among dozens of other common ailments. Care to count those folks up?

You can quibble about the language ("almost wholly endorse"), but, as they say, it's close enough for government work.

And, again, the FDA's panel overwhelmingly rejected the occupational recommendation & the CDC panel rejected it by a 60% - 40% margin. 

That the CDC director overrode the recommendations she received does NOT mean the CDC advisory panel "almost wholly endorsed" it.  The panel rejected it by a 20% margin.  The director, not the advisory panel, approved it by a 100% margin.  So, once again, you seem to be making stuff up to satisfy whatever random narrative you want to craft.

Studies of who does and does not get COVID vaccines is actually fairly interesting work. There is a predominate variable at play when you look at it on a micro-level like county or congressional district. 

As for Doug, idc what he does. His statement was a loud yell for attention just like Cole Beasley. 

On 9/26/2021 at 2:32 PM, New Scotland (NS) said:

+++++

I should have known better than to get involved in this thread.

Anyway, taking a break until the season starts.

Not because of this stuff just have a lot on my plate right now.

So, everything has been moved here.

This place drives me crazy sometimes, but I just can't stay away.  You guys and dolls are even more dysfunctional than the family of my birth, but I love you all way more than them.  So, here we are.

And I got more done today than I thought I would all week, so yous will have to put up with me, although I probably won't be around as constantly as usual.  Maybe.

Coworker of mine has a child that is student teaching. He found out the primary teacher caught covid. The corworkers child had to get tested and was negative 

I said to her that its pretty rare for vaccinate people to get it. 

She told me he isnt vaxxed, nobody in their house is.  I find it nuts the schools are not requiring vaxx for the teachers

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, miles said:

Coworker of mine has a child that is student teaching. He found out the primary teacher caught covid. The corworkers child had to get tested and was negative 

I said to her that its pretty rare for vaccinate people to get it. 

She told me he isnt vaxxed, nobody in their house is.  I find it nuts the schools are not requiring vaxx for the teachers

In NY the NY state teachers union didn't come out in favor of vaccination. Just strongly recommend it. It's kinda crazy. 

And the narrative crumbles.  Sweden and Denmark ban Modena for under 30  Ontario recommends 18-24 to not get Moderna.  Still admits 1/24000 and 1/19000 rates with Pfizer of dangerous side effects in young healthy individuals.

oops

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-business-denmark-public-health-health-453163d8f93618fde90c06d3474921a0

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/ontario-recommends-adults-18-to-24-get-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-over-moderna-due-to-increased-risk-of-rare-heart-condition-1.5605400?cache=fbiziixwm/7.565129

8 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

And the narrative crumbles.  Sweden and Denmark ban Modena for under 30  Ontario recommends 18-24 to not get Moderna.  Still admits 1/24000 and 1/19000 rates with Pfizer of dangerous side effects in young healthy individuals.

oops

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-business-denmark-public-health-health-453163d8f93618fde90c06d3474921a0

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/ontario-recommends-adults-18-to-24-get-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-over-moderna-due-to-increased-risk-of-rare-heart-condition-1.5605400?cache=fbiziixwm/7.565129

Once again I am going to say it. Gtfo with that *****. You clearly have an agenda to undermine vaccinations.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo I'm currently in quarantine because I picked up COVID on my trip to Detroit last week. Went and got a rapid test after work Thursday because I was supposed to head to Massachusetts to see some friends this weekend and I wanted to be sure. Wasn't symptomatic at the time, but woke up Friday feeling pretty crappy.

I'm vaccinated and I'm here to tell you this sucks anyway. When I'm up and moving around it's mostly just cold symptoms, runny nose, soreness. But it takes a lot of effort to get moving. I'm on day 2 and I just got out of bed after sleeping for 14 hours. Basically just getting up to eat, drink water, take Tylenol and move around a bit. Will probably be back in bed pretty early tonight. 

I think if I wasn't vaccinated I'd be terrified of the ways this could devolve. This is very similar to when I had pneumonia except so far I don't have any lower respiratory symptoms.

Get the vaxx.

3 hours ago, darksabre said:

Sooooo I'm currently in quarantine because I picked up COVID on my trip to Detroit last week. Went and got a rapid test after work Thursday because I was supposed to head to Massachusetts to see some friends this weekend and I wanted to be sure. Wasn't symptomatic at the time, but woke up Friday feeling pretty crappy.

I'm vaccinated and I'm here to tell you this sucks anyway. When I'm up and moving around it's mostly just cold symptoms, runny nose, soreness. But it takes a lot of effort to get moving. I'm on day 2 and I just got out of bed after sleeping for 14 hours. Basically just getting up to eat, drink water, take Tylenol and move around a bit. Will probably be back in bed pretty early tonight. 

I think if I wasn't vaccinated I'd be terrified of the ways this could devolve. This is very similar to when I had pneumonia except so far I don't have any lower respiratory symptoms.

Get the vaxx.

Sorry to hear this, Dark. Thanks for the reminder to remain vigilant and get well fast. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/6/2021 at 8:39 PM, triumph_communes said:

oops

1 in 500 have died from Covid.

Those odds are way worse than the narrative you are pushing.

oops.

15 hours ago, darksabre said:

Thanks man. Feeling better today but I will not be surprised if it takes a little while before I'm back to 100% . 

Hopefully there is no longer term effects.  Pre vaccine, it took my wife a good 2 months to get to 90% of before she got sick.

The son of freinds of ours got married last week.  Turns out father of the bride had COVID that day.  15 people sick now from that wedding.  Yeesh.  Glad we weren't on the invite list.....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Hopefully there is no longer term effects.  Pre vaccine, it took my wife a good 2 months to get to 90% of before she got sick.

The son of freinds of ours got married last week.  Turns out father of the bride had COVID that day.  15 people sick now from that wedding.  Yeesh.  Glad we weren't on the invite list.....

Yeah, I can't imagine having this without the vaxx. Cold symptoms are less today but the full body soreness and headache doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Slept 12 hours last night.

I was obviously probably a little reckless in Detroit and could probably have better protected myself, but who knows the limits of the vaccine? Now I know that J&J only gets you so far, but at least I'm not in the hospital.

Feeling a lot better tonight. Soreness is gone, headaches are gone, actually had some energy to do some chores today. Little bit of congestion but nothing crazy. I appear to be through it.

Time to settle into my newfound super-immunity 😅 

Optimistic that a nice cold beer might even be on the table for tomorrow evening...

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/27/2021 at 4:18 PM, drnkirishone said:

anyone here gotten the booster? Seeing reports saying to expect similar side effects from the 2nd dose (soreness, headache, fever) within 24 hours. If i am remembering right it lasted around 36-48 for me. Curious if that is the expected case still

I got the booster and was sick as i ever have been my entire life. However, the 2nd day after, it was just a really bad headache. 

I will be glad i got the booster, but i was cursing it right after