COVID-19

Indabuff

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Maybe those who aren't ready to accord this vaccine the same reliability and safety as the polio vaccine -- which wasn't mandated for something like 25 years after its introduction, btw -- aren't "liars" but rather just want to see some more data before getting comfortable that it works.

4 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

CDC outright has stated repeatedly it doesnt stop anyone from transmitting. 

So you’re satisfied that this poster has sufficient factual bases to back up this claim?

21 hours ago, calti said:

According to the inventor of PCR--The test is not to be used and is not effective for testing live virus.

Just happens they are eliminating PCR testing and Big Pharma along with Bill Gates are gonna come up with another

test as they slowly and quietly back away from PCR. No excess deaths were noted by the CDC in 2020. 2018,2019 2020 Normal and stable amt of deaths in USA.

Come 2021 --upon massive use of the mRNA vaccine there was a steep excess death count in the USA.

The 600k or so 'deaths' by  covid were actually deaths with covid. 95% of this figure is those with severe chronic disease and'or those with influenza.

Amazingly flu vanished from the planet around april '20..But was still listed as present in 55% of supposed covid deaths....They couldnt have poached these

causes of death away from flu/heart/respiratory/cancer etc deaths and called them covid deaths in order that the facilities could benefit financially..nahhh. After all--the entire excess death count in the USA at this time was approx 

How about the facts behind these claims?  This ok?

6 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

the same individual that at the start of the pandemic downplayed the severity of it? I am unsurprised by the stance you are taking.

I don't doubt your lack of surprise, but I also don't think I did this -- please provide a link.

1 minute ago, Cascade Youth said:

So you’re satisfied that this poster has sufficient factual bases to back up this claim?

Did I say that?

5 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I don't doubt your lack of surprise, but I also don't think I did this -- please provide a link.

Did I say that?

No you did not.  Instead, you engaged in whataboutism and moved goalposts around and started talking about safety.  If someone doubts the safety of the vaccine, well, I think they're wrong, but I won't call them a liar.  We won't know for a long, long time.

Someone who says the vaccine doesn't work or is making the virus stronger is lying and is doing so at risk to human life, and for no political reason.  I don't know why you're even tolerating it, much less defending it.  Would we tolerate similar lies from 9/11 truthers?  Of course not--and there's not even a present risk to human life, there.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Did I say that?

No, but you’re decrying the lack of civility when some of us blast those posters who show up and drop outright lies into this thread.  People are dying because of this crap.  Maybe you think it’s all overblown, but for the rest of us this is deadly serious stuff and it shouldn’t be tolerated - you’re taking issue with my tone instead of someone making up deadly nonsense about Covid.

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

Please don’t tell me that you are suggesting that the vaccines are accelerating the rise of variants. 

It’s a well known fact that the Delta variant got its rise in bodies of the millions of unvaccinated people passing the virus around like a hot potato in India. 

And where in the US has this Delta variant primarily affecting children? Texas, Alabama, Louisiana? Florida? All areas with a very low vaccination rate.

The vaccine uses mRNA technology if weren’t aware. The mRNA tells your healthy cells to produce the Covid spike protein which triggers your body to produce antibodies so (inner) triumph is ready to go and fight when Covid does invade. (and no it doesn’t do a damn thing to change your DNA as it never enters the nucleus of the cell to be able to do so)

Triumph’s overall viral load is far lower and far less cells are invaded so the virus has less time/space to multiply/mutate. As a benefit, triumph experiences less illness. 

The unvaccinated are driving the variants! 

If I knew where the ‘get go’ actually were I’d go there and tells those fools to shut the hell up. (I’m guessing it’s down the road from El Dorado, right around the corner from the fountain of youth).

Also as described, the vaccine greatly reduces overall viral load. CDC is pretty clear that the vaccinated can still transmit. They are saying that it is at a far lesser overall viral load. 

So infected vaccinated Ogre is transmitting X/cu. liter of air whereas infected unvaccinated Ogre is transmitting Y/cu. liter. The important thing to note is that Y>X by a huge amount.

Also unvaccinated Ogre is up sh!t creek (just down the river from the get  go) while vaccinated Ogre is going to be alright.

This is pure misinformation. The CDC director literally came out last month contradicting your assertions here, particularly with regards to the Delta variant. They even said it seems odd given the intent of the method, but they can’t argue with the facts. Instead here you are with complete conspiracy heresay about the source and outbreaks.  The irony is completely surpassing you. 

7 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Did I say that?

I didn't say YOU did. Also no I won't provide a link for anything I say. If it is good enough for misinformation peddlers it is should be good enough for me

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Freeman is ignoring the fact that people have tried a more calm approach for several weeks and now just want the disinformation campaign to stop.  Stop the lies, stop the invective.  It's pretty simple, really.  

He also seems to be requiring “proof” to refute the claims of misinformation. Classic. Anyway, I’m out, but I appreciate your sanity regarding this issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Skimmed the article: sure, Sweden a ton more people died, but they didn't risk "Freedom and liberty", so essentially it's OK if people die as long as I can shop and not wear a mask. I don't think there's a lot of people buying that BS. Nice that's it's .AU, showing that there are callous people outside the USA.

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

This is pure misinformation. The CDC director literally came out last month contradicting your assertions here, particularly with regards to the Delta variant. They even said it seems odd given the intent of the method, but they can’t argue with the facts. Instead here you are with complete conspiracy heresay about the source and outbreaks.  The irony is completely surpassing you. 

Link? The only CDC link I saw posted here said the opposite.

32 minutes ago, Ogre said:

You’re one of the most empathetic posters on here so I know you’ll smell what I’m cooking here.

Your isolation has buffered you from the worst of Covid. It’s tearing families and friendships apart. 

Try spending your day on a crowded construction site with unsanitary conditions and the risk the hazards of the trade bring to begin with. Now add a deadly, highly contagious disease to the burden. 

Now to that burden you should add the threat that far less than half of the coughing, sneezing, spitting fools are vaccinated.

Add the whining when a customer mandates a mask, when a contractor institutes Covid protocols. The arguments over microchips and changed DNA and government conspiracies.

All of this after we have watched men our age that we know well suffer for weeks on ventilators. A few of them have even died and still with the nonsense!

There’s no doubt in my mind that I will watch even more of them suffer and die from Delta and I don’t quite know how to handle it.

Its almost too much but then go home and watch your wife’s mental health suffer because the non profit she works and lives for is hanging by a thread because of outbreak after outbreak. 

Something needs to give or else we’re all going to NS. We’ll try not to pop your safety bubble but it’s going to be tough buddy.

I feel your pain.  I feel eveybodies pain that is not in my situation.  You will all be welcome, so long as you are fully vaccinated.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Someone who says the vaccine doesn't work or is making the virus stronger is lying and is doing so at risk to human life, and for no political reason.  I don't know why you're even tolerating it, much less defending it.  Would we tolerate similar lies from 9/11 truthers?  Of course not--and there's not even a present risk to human life, there.

The all knowing eleven who fully understands how vaccines with respiratory viruses and mutations work.

The spike protein is a coagulant on its own. Fact. If the spike protein or generation of it leaves the injection site it can cause blood clots, fact. The novel mRNA treatment with a novel delivery mechanism is not thoroughly studied is also a fact. The one rat model isn’t proof of anything. 

Silencing people because you don’t understand the science well enough?  How Democratic of you. It’s not screaming fire in a threater to be hesitant. 

5 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Skimmed the article: sure, Sweden a ton more people died, but they didn't risk "Freedom and liberty", so essentially it's OK if people die as long as I can shop and not wear a mask. I don't think there's a lot of people buying that BS. Nice that's it's .AU, showing that there are callous people outside the USA.

Link to director is a few posts ago 

Sweden being in the clear and the US going through a second wave is callous?  Empathy isn’t what policy should be made from. If they wanted to end a million deaths per year tomorrow they’d enforce speed limits. Policy draws a line everywhere. 

Edited by triumph_communes

4 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

The all knowing eleven who fully understands how vaccines with respiratory viruses and mutations work.

The spike protein is a coagulant on its own. Fact. If the spike protein or generation of it leaves the injection site it can cause blood clots, fact. The novel mRNA treatment with a novel delivery mechanism is not thoroughly studied is also a fact. The one rat model isn’t proof of anything. 

Silencing people because you don’t understand the science well enough?  How Democratic of you. It’s not screaming fire in a threater to be hesitant. 

Link.

10 minutes ago, MattPie said:

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Link.

87_352_large.jpg

• Haha (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

The CDC director literally came out last month contradicting your assertions here, particularly with regards to the Delta variant.

That the unvaccinated are driving the variants? In particular the Delta variant?

Show me proof that the CDC director said that the vaccinated people in India were the generators of Delta.

Do you need to make a call to GetGo to ask the higher ups?

It is really flavorless that you insinuate no one besides you understands science. Give it some salt man!

All lips. No teeth.

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

That the unvaccinated are driving the variants? In particular the Delta variant?

Show me proof that the CDC director said that the vaccinated people in India were the generators of Delta.

Do you need to make a call to GetGo to ask the higher ups?

It is really flavorless that you insinuate no one besides you understands science. Give it some salt man!

All lips. No teeth.

You’re the one who made those claims. The Director literally said the vaccine isn’t lowering the spread of delta variant. You’re blaming on unvaccinated to create a divide the very person you hold holy disagrees with. 

28 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

I didn't say YOU did. Also no I won't provide a link for anything I say. If it is good enough for misinformation peddlers it is should be good enough for me

OK -- so you accuse me of saying something and then refuse to show me saying it?  Nice.

31 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

No, but you’re decrying the lack of civility when some of us blast those posters who show up and drop outright lies into this thread.  People are dying because of this crap.  Maybe you think it’s all overblown, but for the rest of us this is deadly serious stuff and it shouldn’t be tolerated - you’re taking issue with my tone instead of someone making up deadly nonsense about Covid.

So when you claimed upthread that "the vaccine is now approved," despite the fact that only Pfizer has been approved -- was that an "outright lie?"  Is it OK then for people to start "blasting" you?  Or should your posts just be automatically deleted from now on, as @Eleven seems to want the mods to do with other posters?

Just be civil, and being logical and analytical would be nice as well.  In reading your posts, I don't think that should be much of a heavy lift for you.

7 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

You’re the one who made those claims. The Director literally said the vaccine isn’t lowering the spread of delta variant. You’re blaming on unvaccinated to create a divide the very person you hold holy disagrees with. 

Despite my concerns about incivility and shouting down, you need to start bolstering these claims with links and quotes.  Otherwise you're just flapping your lips and pouring gasoline on the fire.  And you need to cease and desist immediately with the political swipes.

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

OK -- so you accuse me of saying something and then refuse to show me saying it?  Nice.

So when you claimed upthread that "the vaccine is now approved," despite the fact that only Pfizer has been approved -- was that an "outright lie?"  Is it OK then for people to start "blasting" you?  Or should your posts just be automatically deleted from now on, as @Eleven seems to want the mods to do with other posters?

Despite my concerns about incivility and shouting down, you need to start bolstering these claims with links and quotes.  Otherwise you're just flapping your lips and pouring gasoline on the fire.

Mods are apparently unable to go back a few posts and read links to now?

Walensky said CDC investigations have found that the amount of virus present in vaccinated people infected with Delta is similar to the levels found in unvaccinated people with Delta infections. That's an indication that vaccinated people can easily transmit the virus — even though they're less likely to get sick on the whole.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-fully-vaccinated-people-can-spread-delta-variant-2021-7?op=1

22 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

3 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

What does this have to do with anything?

I mean, other than you want to appear that you know stuff.

Who are you arguing with and what is the argument about?