COVID-19

Indabuff

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

What does this have to do with anything?

I mean, other than you want to appear that you know stuff.

Who are you arguing with and what is the argument about? 

The absurd claims that the vaccine is perfectly safe and anyone who dares question this should be banished. 

Fact is the innocent marker protein isn’t so innocent. And even the original rat study for LNP localization showed liver and ovary build up. Any scientist claiming that the high dose somehow is proof it can’t spread in humans is selling snake oil. There’s no shortage of breakthrough medicines discovered every year and they all fall apart in human trials because drug delivery is so damn difficult. mRNA was no exception until politicians had motive to throw all caution to the side to get a cure all. 

Edited by triumph_communes

2 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Mods are apparently unable to go back a few posts and read links to now?

Walensky said CDC investigations have found that the amount of virus present in vaccinated people infected with Delta is similar to the levels found in unvaccinated people with Delta infections. That's an indication that vaccinated people can easily transmit the virus — even though they're less likely to get sick on the whole.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-fully-vaccinated-people-can-spread-delta-variant-2021-7?op=1

And in the paragraph right before the one you quoted she says this 

"Information on the Delta variant from several states and other countries indicates that, on rare occasions, some vaccinated people infected with the Delta variant after vaccination may be contagious and spread the virus to others," Walensky said during a press call on Tuesday. "This new science is worrisome and unfortunately warrants an update to our recommendations."

She is saying “some” vaccinated people. Not ALL of them.

“On rare occasions “

That's an indication that vaccinated people can easily transmit the virus — even though they're less likely to get sick on the whole.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-fully-vaccinated-people-can-spread-delta-variant-2021-7?op=1

IF THEY GET IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.  That's the part you keep overlooking/ignoring.  IF a vaccinated person gets Delta via a breakthrough infection, the levels are similar.  (Note: other studies have suggested that the levels don't stay similar as long in breakthrough cases, meaning less transmission time, but that's a different point.)  

BUT YOU SAID:

12 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

The Director literally said the vaccine isn’t lowering the spread of delta variant.

The Director didn't say this - literally or figuratively.  What she said was that for vaccinated people who nevertheless get a Delta infection, for some period of time, they may have similar levels of virus.

1 minute ago, Cascade Youth said:

IF THEY GET IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.  That's the part you keep overlooking/ignoring.  IF a vaccinated person gets Delta via a breakthrough infection, the levels are similar.  (Note: other studies have suggested that the levels don't stay similar as long in breakthrough cases, meaning less transmission time, but that's a different point.)  

BUT YOU SAID:

The Director didn't say this - literally or figuratively.  What she said was that for vaccinated people who nevertheless get a Delta infection, for some period of time, they may have similar levels of virus.

The opposite was never proven to be true. Only theorized. I linked the four ‘studies’ the CDC used to justify those statements earlier and they’re all questionable and hopeful at best. Y’all must not science much to be working in such ultimatums. 

Just now, triumph_communes said:

The absurd claims that the vaccine is perfectly safe and anyone who dares question this should be banished. 

We all know there are risks. 

I believe that the risks are overhyped by a certain group of people for reasons that are ther own.

I, and others (the sheeple), have decided that we wanted to take that risk for the good of ourselves and others.

You, in your smugness, have condemned us for it.

Have a nice day.

4 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Walensky said CDC investigations have found that the amount of virus present in vaccinated people infected with Delta is similar to the levels found in unvaccinated people with Delta infections. That's an indication that vaccinated people can easily transmit the virus — even though they're less likely to get sick on the whole.

That is NOT what you claimed she said, which was this:

The Director literally said the vaccine isn’t lowering the spread of delta variant.

If the Director "literally" said what you claimed she said -- let's see that quote.  Otherwise, your prior post was spin to the point of dishonesty, which is not OK. 

Do the work, provide the links and the quotes, and tell the truth.  If you want to use facts and quotes to build an analytical case, then by all means do so.  But do NOT spin like this.  As ought to be crystal clear by now, this GD virus is a serious matter, and everyone needs to be honest about what is known and what isn't.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, SwampD said:

We all know there are risks. 

I believe that the risks are overhyped by a certain group of people for reasons that are ther own.

I, and others (the sheeple), have decided that we wanted to take that risk for the good of ourselves and others.

You, in your smugness, have condemned us for it.

Have a nice day.

I’m vaccinated myself. My focus of caution has been for younger females. Y’all need to stop putting words in people’s mouths and thinking they’re extremists. 

Just now, triumph_communes said:

I’m vaccinated myself. My focus of caution has been for younger females. Y’all need to stop putting words in people’s mouths and thinking they’re extremists. 

Look in the mirror.

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

That is NOT what you claimed she said, which was this:

If the Director "literally" said what you claimed she said -- let's see that quote.  Otherwise, your prior post was spin to the point of dishonesty, which is not OK. 

Do the work, provide the links and the quotes, and tell the truth.  If you want to use facts and quotes to build an analytical case, then by all means do so.  But do NOT spin like this.  As ought to be crystal clear by now, this GD virus is a serious matter, and everyone needs to be honest about what is known and what isn't.

Double standards. I show the source references CDC uses and they’re glossed over by the ones jumping to conclusions based on poor statistics. 

Why are you getting high and mighty about quotes and paraphrases when nobody here is willing to talk p values and n=14 studies with controls having no clue about vaccination status being junk science? 

Edited by triumph_communes

Double standards. I show the source references CDC uses and they’re glossed over by the ones jumping to conclusions based on poor statistics. 

Why are you getting high and mighty about quotes and paraphrases when nobody here is willing to talk p values and n=14 studies with controls having no clue about vaccination status being junk science? 

No sir.  YOU are the one making blanket, false statements like:

"the CDC Director literally said the vaccine isn’t lowering the spread of delta variant" and

"CDC outright has stated repeatedly it doesnt stop anyone from transmitting"

These are things YOU said that are false.  Own it.

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

You've just been exposed in a pretty dishonest bit of spin.  You don't need to worry about how others are treated (although I'll note that a different poster who overreached in a claim about the status of the vaccines was similarly criticized just a few posts upthread).  Just do better, which shouldn't be hard to do -- if the facts are on your side, just show them with links and quotes -- or keep quiet.

4 hours ago, bg17 said:

The vaccines don’t work as well if they are administered with urgency? Haven’t heard that but will research. 

I was wondering about that too.  I believe the two doses are supposed to be 3-4 weeks apart.  Maybe in Israel they were only a week or two apart?

This thread just gets worse and worse all the time.  It's basically the same few posters in a giant pissing contest.  No real content that has any merrit has been posted in days.  Worst thread ever and that says a lot.  During the tank years they were all pretty much terrible.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)

16 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

My wife told me that she read that 70 doctors in glorida went outside to do a mini strike to stand against the anti vax people 

Not quite. They didn’t strike. They had a rally but they weren’t on duty.

5 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Link? 

You've said this a few times and I'm my searching I don't find credible info. 

I haven't parsed through many of the latest replies on Covid spread so I apologize if I'm not directly responding to anyone's specific question.

But I did find an interesting article yesterday on the efficacy of the vaccines with respect to Covid. Reading this implies we will need boosters every 6-12 months for the foreseeable future. The delta variant makes the vaccine about 2/3 as effective as the original strain. Additionally, vaccinated people are 5x less likely to get infected and 30x less likely to be hospitalized.

https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-vaccine-effectiveness-delta-cdc.html

Edited by lothar

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Link? 

You've said this a few times and I'm my searching I don't find credible info. 

Yes, so I will admit here this is where it starts to get into poor information territory. However, this vice video goes into a good background as to why there is bad vaccine data around women and menstrual cycles (symptoms related to menstrual cycles have a history of being purposefully ignored in research and they have a really hard time distinguishing levels of it)

https://m.facebook.com/vicenews/videos/the-unstudied-link-between-the-covid-vaccine-and-periods/587895985550914/

I couple this with personal anecdotes of clotting type effects that had never been observed in females lives until the two weeks following the second jab of a Pfizer puts it all too close to home for me  

Another trustable source going through some background on women:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/health/coronavirus/menstrual-changes-to-be-expected-after-covid-19-vaccine-during-pandemic-experts-1.5391236

also in response to any claims about LNO getting to ovaries etc they simply cite data of ‘only 35 confirmed cases out of million if jabs’, when good scientists know this is junk way to report things. 90+% of people don’t report anything to VAERS or minor symptoms are immediately ignored as not related. I believe just recently a top BBC reporter just died to brain clots immediately after a jab so it’s getting harder for them to publicly ignore. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

23 hours ago, nfreeman said:

OK -- so you accuse me of saying something and then refuse to show me saying it?  Nice.

*retracted*I grow tired of you making things about you. I have already said it wasn't you.

Edited by drnkirishone
removed a commonly used line

Until and unless @LTSreturns or until I am removed, which I acknowledge as a possibility, these are the guidelines going forward, adopted somewhat from the NFL subreddit:

1.  This is a hockey board.  We have a politics club associated with it, but it is fundamentally a hockey board.  If you are participating in this club, you should also be participating in discussion about hockey.  Yes, I realize that as of this writing (August 27), there is little hockey to discuss.

2.  This club has resisted disinformation in the past, and will continue to do so.  Accordingly, posts which cast doubt as to the reality of COVID will be deleted.  Posts which attempt to downplay the pandemic, or which undermine widespread agreement among the scientific and medical communities about the efficacy of vaccines in preventing death and the spread of COVID-19 will be deleted.  Posts which  can be interpreted as having the potential to delay someone from receiving the vaccine for any reason other than concern about side effects that we don't know about yet, will be deleted.  Posts which suggest that a person can be protected from the virus by ingesting a substance not intended for that purpose, such as HCQ or Invermectin, will be deleted.  All of these pose a threat to human life, and all but the potential existence of side effects have been conclusively refuted by scientific and medical communities worldwide.  Therefore, all of these theories are banned except for the potential existence of side effects.

3.  While statements by NHL personalities (e.g., tweets) are allowed in certain circumstances, this doesn't mean carte blanche for posters to spread politicial, scientific or medical mistruths within the comments regarding those statements.

4.  Repeat offenders will be banned from the club.  In other words, this IS the warning.

Examples of acceptable posts:

--How the virus has affected you personally.

--Infection/death rates among/between states, countries, etc.

--Your reasons for receiving or not receiving the vaccine, subject to rule 3 above).

--Complaining about mask mandates.

--Complaining about vaccine mandates.

Etc.  There is a wide range of acceptable dialogue.  COVID denial or denial of the efficacy of vaccines is not within that range.

Edited by Eleven