COVID-19

Indabuff

7 hours ago, mudberry said:

From what I understand, people who have had COVID and later the vaccine can have a greater immunity to the virus than simply having the vaccine. I've also read that you are taking a gamble by relying on virus antibodies alone. Here's from Nebraska Medicine:  

More than a third of COVID-19 infections result in zero protective antibodies

Natural immunity fades faster than vaccine immunity

Natural immunity alone is less than half as effective than natural immunity plus vaccination

This is mostly backwards.  Here's the study out of Israel which has a mostly vaccinated population:

Quote:

---------

Conclusions This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant.

-----

A number of other studies explain why natural immunity is better.  It always has been better.  You might recall posters saying that people who were born before circa 1957 don't need the Measles jab because most of the older folks had natural measles and thus natural immunity.  Same with Chicken Pox, but different year.   Vaccination cannot reproduce the whole natural disease state, and thus it cannot produce a thorough protection almost always.  Furthermore, mom's natural immune protection can temporarily transfer to a newborn, something which hasn't been seen with vaccination as far as I know.  That's why they rush in like fools to shoot up newborns, and why they have a mad number of childhood vaccines; because almost no one close to baby has natural immunity anymore, putting baby at greater risk than before the vaccination programs began.   Finally, many vaccines including the Covid-19 vaccines can actually impair your natural immune system.  Many top scientists have warned that these vaccines will cause ADE just like the Dengue vaccine which killed at least hundreds of Philippine children and got that country's top doctors prosecuted for malpractice.

I quote:

---

Here's the problem with Dengvaxia.

Typically, a vaccine works by triggering the immune system to make antibodies against the virus. These antibodies then fight off the virus during an infection.

But dengue is a tricky virus. Dengue antibodies don't always protect a person. In fact, these antibodies can make an infection worse. The dengue virus actually uses the antibodies to help it spread through the body. So a second infection with dengue — when your blood already has antibodies in it — can actually be worse than the first; a person is at a higher risk of severe complications like plasma leakage syndrome.

---

So, many of the most educated in science are playing it safe and avoiding the Covid-19 vaccines for now, especially if they already have natural immunity.

Now go ahead and attack me as usual.  I know that facts cannot be tolerated here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, etiennep99 said:

This is mostly backwards.  Here's the study out of Israel which has a mostly vaccinated population:

Quote:

---------

Conclusions This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant.

-----

A number of other studies explain why natural immunity is better.  It always has been better.  You might recall posters saying that people who were born before circa 1957 don't need the Measles jab because most of the older folks had natural measles and thus natural immunity.  Same with Chicken Pox, but different year.   Vaccination cannot reproduce the whole natural disease state, and thus it cannot produce a thorough protection almost always.  Furthermore, mom's natural immune protection can temporarily transfer to a newborn, something which hasn't been seen with vaccination as far as I know.  That's why they rush in like fools to shoot up newborns, and why they have a mad number of childhood vaccines; because almost no one close to baby has natural immunity anymore, putting baby at greater risk than before the vaccination programs began.   Finally, many vaccines including the Covid-19 vaccines can actually impair your natural immune system.  Many top scientists have warned that these vaccines will cause ADE just like the Dengue vaccine which killed at least hundreds of Philippine children and got that country's top doctors prosecuted for malpractice.

I quote:

---

Typically, a vaccine works by triggering the immune system to make antibodies against the virus. These antibodies then fight off the virus during an infection.

But dengue is a tricky virus. Dengue antibodies don't always protect a person. In fact, these antibodies can make an infection worse. The dengue virus actually uses the antibodies to help it spread through the body. So a second infection with dengue — when your blood already has antibodies in it — can actually be worse than the first; a person is at a higher risk of severe complications like plasma leakage syndrome.

---

So, many of the most educated in science are playing it safe and avoiding the Covid-19 vaccines for now, especially if they already have natural immunity.

Now go ahead and attack me as usual.  I know that facts cannot be tolerated here.

Take this to the Covid thread.... 

24 minutes ago, etiennep99 said:

Quote:

---------

-----

I quote:

---

---

Do you think Doug is a political prisoner? 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, etiennep99 said:

Quote:

---------

-----

I quote:

---

---

***** this is dumb and I'm honestly sick of explaining why. 

And blocked. 

8 hours ago, mudberry said:

From what I understand, people who have had COVID and later the vaccine can have a greater immunity to the virus than simply having the vaccine. I've also read that you are taking a gamble by relying on virus antibodies alone. Here's from Nebraska Medicine:  

More than a third of COVID-19 infections result in zero protective antibodies

Natural immunity fades faster than vaccine immunity

Natural immunity alone is less than half as effective than natural immunity plus vaccination

I had COVID-19 before we knew what it was.  I just got the Johnson&Johnson shot as a booster.  This is the reason why.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, nucci said:

so sick of hearing freedom as a reason

At the risk of ruining this thread ...

That is not the reason.

He had it, so he has natural anti-bodies, which are far stronger and better than the vaccine.  There is some indication that getting the vaccine if you have had COVID can be counter productive and possibly dangerous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

That is not the reason.

He had it, so he has natural anti-bodies, which are far stronger and better than the vaccine.  There is some indication that getting the vaccine if you have had COVID can be counter productive and possibly dangerous.

I'm sorry, I have to log back in to tell you that this is 100% not true. Please do better.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I just read the whole thread.

What a disaster.

I also think it's time to eliminate the anthems at sporting events.

Disaster? Agreed. A man who thinks only "at-risk" people should get vaccinated, harkening back to the early days of the pandemic when there was a notion that at-risk people should stay in their bedrooms so the beautiful, healthy people can live their lives in freedom. It could never have worked then, and vaccinating only the "at-risk" can't work now. Not vaccinating enough got us Delta. It could get us something much worse.

But Doug wants his freedom. How self-centered and selfish.

Consider who the at-risk are. There's your answer. You'd think Doug would care about the poor, the old, the infirm, the people of color. What a hypocrite.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, darksabre said:

If you're not going to get information from reliable sources then maybe you shouldn't regurgitate it.

Everybody has a different definition of what “reliable sources” are. Yours may not be 100% true. Mine may not be either. Your neighbors may not be either. Your own physician may not be either. To think infallibility only applies to oneself is kinda ignorant, no? 
(not saying or implying anyone here is purposefully doing that) 

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Everybody has a different definition of what “reliable sources” are. Yours may not be 100% true. Mine may not be either. Your neighbors may not be either. Your own physician may not be either. To think infallibility only applies to oneself is kinda ignorant, no? 
(not saying or implying anyone here is purposefully doing that) 

I'm so tired of this intellectually dishonest BS. NS is posting factually untrue stuff. Actual scientific evidence has disproved what he says. Unless he wants to provide new research that supports it he should refrain from engaging in such conjecture. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

That is not the reason.

There is also indication that it protects you better.

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I'm so tired of this intellectually dishonest BS. NS is posting factually untrue stuff. Actual scientific evidence has disproved what he says. Unless he wants to provide new research that supports it he should refrain from engaging in such conjecture. 

Real research was quoted above. Not just pundit pablum.

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

There is also indication that it protects you better.

The Israeli study said that ONE booster could possibly provide MINIMAL improvements over natural infection immunity.  It seems to indicate that the perpetual booster train is going off the rails.  That's why internally the CDC put the kibosh on boosters but was overruled by the ex-Facebook exec.

9 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Ah, he ain’t no victim. We all gotta follow the rules. Saving lives is serious business 

Losing your job is serious business.  Lock-downs/Mandates putting middle class folks out of business is serious (non) business. Hospitals shutting down wards because they've fired too many staff members who refused the mandate is serious business. BigBusiness (Amazon,etc) consolidating their power even more is serious business.  People dying due to lock-downs is serious business.  Countries like Sweden and now Croatia have said enough is enough and that their countries will no longer proceed with policies which seem to be counter-productive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The CDC advisory panel almost wholly endorsed boosters. It stopped short in one vote (9-6, I think) of recommending boosters for vulnerable workers. Which is the vote the CDC director overruled.

But you don't care about the facts. You probably have a reliable source that says otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I completely understand the whole “intellectually dishonest BS” sentiment. But who decides what is intellectually dishonest? You? Me? The White House? The board of physicians at John’s Hopkins? Certain Epidemiologists? Cable news? WHO? CDC?

The answer is equally … no one decides. And everyone decides. Thankfully everyone can decide for themselves.

At least that’s how I see it. 👍🏼

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 2