GDT: Buffalo @ Pittsburgh, 10-3-2019, 7pm EDT

WildCard

1 minute ago, sodbuster said:

I don't even know what to say. A sabres team is dictating the pace of play. 

My only complaint is that the passing could be better. 

My only complaint is that I ran out of Maker's Mark before the end of the game.  Rookie mistake.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

There's a good bit more to it, but I can't quite put my finger on it yet.

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Tighter turns with the puck is a thing I'm seeing. Also better dump and chase.

Yep, and I am seeing what Ralph said with better team play moving up and down the ice as unit much better than last year

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

There's a good bit more to it, but I can't quite put my finger on it yet.

Looks like better and patient breakout passes with a forward breaking out behind the opponent.  Either the other teams defenseman gets off the blue line or we get behind him. 

I dont know how good Pittsburgh will be this season but i think this Sabre team has a chance to be a lot better than most people think. They are just all over the place and have had countless breakaways, mini-breakaways, odd man chances and slot chances this game...it could literally be 6-1 right now easily and nobody would think that was against the run of play.

If Kreuger is as good as advertised this should almost be expected. Replacing a subpar coach with a very good one SHOULD produce significantly better results just from that alone.

Edited by matter2003

Just now, matter2003 said:

I dont know how good Pittsburgh will be this season but i think this Sabre team has a chance to be a lot better than most people think. They are just all over the place and have had countless breakaways, mini-breakaways, odd man chances and slot chances this game...it could literally be 6-1 right now easily.

If Kreuger is as good as advertised this should almost be expected. Replacing a subpar coach with a very good one SHOULD produce significantly better results just from that alone.

True.  But give the league 10 games of film and then see what they do.  Like Ray said, the Pens don’t know what we are doing.  Yet  

So we need more than scheme to keep this up, the players have work and produce.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Interesting. So maybe the refs got it wrong? Because he didn't move with it. 

No.  It was when he moved it forward from by his leg and put it on his stick.

It was close, but the way he played it tends to get called more often than not.  Had he dropped it closer to his body, he likely would've been OK.  But going from as high as he can reach, down to near his skate and then out near his stick blade was a wee bit too much travel.

Just now, millbank said:

Risto 16:03 minutes after two 

Well its early in the season and a some of the troops are still injured and recovering so there's time to dial it back. 

I like the look of the new old Sabres and looking forward to that first game against your Leafs to see how we stack up..