GDT - Florida Panthers @ Buffalo Sabres - January 3, 2019 - 7:00 PM

Samson's Flow

Tage “Tigger” Thompson played his best game as a Sabre tonight.  He is really becoming a weapon, you can see the confidence growing and I can see this kid becoming a 20-goal scorer easily.

Sheary needs to finish.  Been an issue all year.

Risto is irreplaceable.

Seemed like Mitts had almost no ice time tonight - he’s really struggling to find his game.

Skinner is a special player and I’d really hate to lose him.  Both of his goals were self-generated plays that almost no one else makes.  Can’t believe we stole him away in the first place.  Don’t let him leave the building.  

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Do I getIto start the Boston GDT Saturday?! ?

If, by Saturday, you mean in ~ 2 hours, yes.

27 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

What am I missing? Why no challenge on the Sabres' no goal?

No idea.  Housley should've challenged that.  Could've cost them at least 1 point.  It was clear on replay he was checked (twice) into Luongo.

Overall, really happy with the effort.  Thought the lines & pairings worked well tonight.  I know people don't like Dahlin & Scandella, but Pilut really needs to be with Bogosian when he's out there.  And McCabe-Ristolainen is their best pair.  And Housley AIN'T sitting Scandella.  (Whether that is a good decision is a discussion for another day.)  And Beaulieu seems scary when out with either Dahlin or Scandella.  So, pretty sure, that "full time partner" that people wanted for Dahlin will be (until injury mixes stuff up again) the guy the don't want.  Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Mittelstadt will be well served getting the easier opponents of 4th line duty.  The one noticable time Reinhart & Skinner were pinned in their own end (prior to Florida pulling the goalie) came with Casey after a PK.

Would be fine with them running these lines with Rodrigues taking Elie's spot when Eichel comes back.  At least for a couple of games.  They need to all keep that energy level up.

Work like this in Beantown & keep the shifts short.  I'd expect they swap Beaulieu back in for the added size against the B's.  Send the Chowdaheads home cryin' in thea beas and start a new streak.  Work like the 2nd 1/2 of the Aisles game & it could be ugly.

44 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Luck had nothing to do with it....

Have you met Jeff Skinner? Here, say hello and introduce yourself. Get to know him.....

Yeah well the rest of the team didn't get that memo tonight. They were doing what they could to let that lead slip.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

5 hours ago, Pimlach said:

I’m feeling good about tonight. Linus has been very good.  Time for Skinner and Reinhart to show they can do it without Jack. 

Tage about to break out.  

KO responded last game with a goal, now keep it going  

Mittsie, uhh, we shall see. 

Nicely done.

2 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

Whoever was hating on my boy Samson earlier this year - he's almost a point per game player. 40pts in 41 games.

Not sure what you were watching.Tonight he was clearly carried by ERod. ?

Wonder if 80 points gets him any respect. Most points ever scored by a 2014 draftee: 80 by David Pastrnak.

2 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

Good job KO. Give the struggling Panthers a chance to get back into the game with thier excellent PP

I remember when leaning on a guy’s stick was called good defence. Pretty sure that was in the second period.

Jeff and Sam did OK without Jack, eh? 

Tage and KO each created chances for their lines. This team is so much better when that happens.

Sobotka is much easier to take when others are scoring.

I love Dahlin, but his pillowy soft side is starting to grate on me.

Sheary is grinding his stick to sawdust.

Casey Mittelstadt was as invisible as I have ever seen him.

***** the details. We finally beat Florida.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

No idea.  Housley should've challenged that.  Could've cost them at least 1 point.  It was clear on replay he was checked (twice) into Luongo.

Once checked into Luongo, he made no effort to get away from the crease, he just laid there.  The ref probably said it was not a reviewable play.

Did not like Rodrigues between Skinner/Reinhart.    That line was pinned in their own end on quite a few occasions.    Rodrigues just doesn't have the strength to win any pucks down low.      If I'm Housley I move Reinhart to center on that line and promote somebody like Sheary who's been snakebit.     

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Nicely done.

Not sure what you were watching.Tonight he was clearly carried by ERod. ?

Wonder if 80 points gets him any respect. Most points ever scored by a 2014 draftee: 80 by David Pastrnak.

I remember when leaning on a guy’s stick was called good defence. Pretty sure that was in the second period.

Jeff and Sam did OK without Jack, eh? 

Tage and KO each created chances for their lines. This team is so much better when that happens.

Sobotka is much easier to take when others are scoring.

I love Dahlin, but his pillowy soft side is starting to grate on me.

Sheary is grinding his stick to sawdust.

Casey Mittelstadt was as invisible as I have ever seen him.

***** the details. We finally beat Florida.

This is a wonderful post.

All of it.

You said pillowy

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Once checked into Luongo, he made no effort to get away from the crease, he just laid there.  The ref probably said it was not a reviewable play.

No.  It was not the ref's decision whether or not to challenge the ref's call.  It was Housley's.

And I disagree with Hamilton that the call absolutely would not have been overturned.  The hit from the 1st Panther sent him towards the net & the 2nd redirected him into Luongo.  Not saying it absolutely would have been overturned,  but there was a legitimate argument to have it overturned & should it have happened, the game was essentially over.  In a worst case, they lose a timeout that they didn't use any how.

That was fun. 

I need to say it, the refs did not have a good game, they really just missed big plays and it bit buffalo on the 1st one. 

Yandle needs a shot, bad, I can't believe it didn't happen, but we won, so in the end I guess that's what matters. 

Tage looked great and Okposo had some bull moves and some beast mode out there tonight. 

Middlesuck probably needs to sit for a game, his confidence is shot. 

Dahlin is soft-ish, but he's like 9 years old, he skated tonight like he was in the beginning of the year, I enjoyed his little moves to get us outta trouble. 

We slayed a panther, now let's harpoon a Bruin 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.