GDT - Florida Panthers @ Buffalo Sabres - January 3, 2019 - 7:00 PM

Samson's Flow

Since we have been in such a funk, I am going to try my hand at starting the GDT thread in order to change our luck around. After dropping games to both the Blues and NY Islanders, this Panthers game becomes even more of a MUST WIN if we want to keep holding on to playoff positioning.

Practice report lines from last practice - expect Eichel is out for a bit with an Upper Body Injury.

image.thumb.png.8bab9520db62837d0911cee644a0ce69.png

• Like (+1) 1

?

I like the move of starting the GDT a day early. Normally it's against the "rules", but we need to get a little hype going.

I vowed after the last Florida game that I would never watch another Florida game because they are always awful TV. I will be honoring my vow and taking this game in via radio only.

16 minutes ago, darksabre said:

?

I like the move of starting the GDT a day early. Normally it's against the "rules", but we need to get a little hype going.

I vowed after the last Florida game that I would never watch another Florida game because they are always awful TV. I will be honoring my vow and taking this game in via radio only.

The Sabres are like that disappointing child that you keep coming back to and expecting better even when they keep letting you down. I can't quit these guys and I remember the joy and enthusiasm that I had during the winning streak.

I don't know what to expect from the team without Eichel tomorrow night. They looked like hot garbage without the captain - we will see what the practice lines from today look like as an indication. I'd like to see ERod centering the top line to give him a chance.

3 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

The Sabres are like that disappointing child that you keep coming back to and expecting better even when they keep letting you down. I can't quit these guys and I remember the joy and enthusiasm that I had during the winning streak.

I don't know what to expect from the team without Eichel tomorrow night. They looked like hot garbage without the captain - we will see what the practice lines from today look like as an indication. I'd like to see ERod centering the top line to give him a chance.

This game could be rough. But sometimes you win games you don't deserve to, and I'd like to hope this game will be one of those.

43 minutes ago, darksabre said:

?

I have 3 hours of aerial teaching and practice tomorrow night- I will not be tuning in. And I'm stupid and superstitious, so maybe that's a good thing. I've watched or listened to the last few. Hmpf. 

1 minute ago, josie said:

I have 3 hours of aerial teaching and practice tomorrow night- I will not be tuning in. And I'm stupid and superstitious, so maybe that's a good thing. I've watched or listened to the last few. Hmpf. 

Maybe this works as well, as I skipped the Bills game on Sunday to catch the Beauts game, and both ended up being strongly in Buffalo's favor (4-0 Beauts; Bills squish the fish convincingly).

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Looks like Pilut is back in 

I was right that ERod gets his chance with the top line. I think he has looked good the last few games.

Also looking for Tage to continue his strong play from the last few games. As he gets more opportunity he is playing with more confidence in the offensive zone.

21 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

No problem.

That said, you did not call back properly to my call out.  Tisk, tisk.

Sorry Freddie...

20 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

At least that PP1 lineup might actually shoot the puck in the offensive zone. Both ERod and KO aren't afraid to pull the trigger.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

DEAR HOCKEY GODS. Forgive him for what he has done.

Also really confusing when you have two pinned GDT’s on a back to back.

Yes you are correct the Team, the Mods and NS did not end 2018 on a high note.

LETS GO BUFFALO

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.