CJ Smith recalled from Rochester

Ho-Chi-Sock

Yes finally.

I would have liked him to have practiced with the team before his first game. I don't understand the last minute call up since this has been an obvious need for some time.  

I just hope he is given enough of a chance to find the best combinations for that 2nd line

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

Wow come to think about it we have no center depth.  Center needs to be a priority in the draft.  

Center needs to be the priority in trade talks.  Otherwise we're looking at center depth in 3-5 years.  Hopefully Casey has it turned around before then.....

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

Well, that changes everything.

And if Eichel doesn't go, my interest in the game goes with him.  What a hot mess that would be.

Exact opposite for me. Very interested to find out what kind of a team shows up without their captain.

Maybe I don't want to know.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Exact opposite for me. Very interested to find out what kind of a team shows up without their captain.

Maybe I don't want to know.

I think this team is mostly a pile of hot garbage without Eichel. Unless Reino unvails a new acumen for playing the pivot in the NHL.  

21 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It seems most likely that Elie will sit for CJ, which is fine, although I'd be perfectly happy sitting any of Sheary, Mitts, KO or Pommer, and I could be easily talked into sitting ERod or TT. 

Which, when combined with Larsson & Okposo makes for arguably the 2nd line.

Hope Eichel can play tonight.

35 minutes ago, Weave said:

Center needs to be the priority in trade talks.  Otherwise we're looking at center depth in 3-5 years.  Hopefully Casey has it turned around before then.....

Turned what around? Being a 20yr old who was playing hs hockey 2 years ago? Yea casey better get on that. Almost like rookies don't all come in at a young age and light up the league. 

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Turned what around? Being a 20yr old who was playing hs hockey 2 years ago? Yea casey better get on that. Almost like rookies don't all come in at a young age and light up the league. 

Unbunch your Garanimals. That's exactly what I mean.  He's got alot of growing as a player to do, and before he gets there we need another center.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.