GDT: Bruins at Sabres. Oct 4 7PM

spndnchz

5 minutes ago, LTS said:

Booing the team.  Sad..

You know who sucks?  The fans.  They couldn't even be in their seats to start the game.  The damn arena was half-empty during the player introductions.

Already seeing people on here turning on the team again... more of the same.  

My daughter is at this game, and she is booing. She sucks? you...…...she's a Niagara U player, she expects better, much better, and ya know what...…………………………..she's right! 

They look like hammered dog , period, end of conversation.

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I hear you, but at the end of the day, the Sabres are the party providing the product. The onus falls to them to provide a product or service that satisfies the consumer. Can't blame the consumer for being skeptical. 

I understand what you are saying.  But if your expectations for this team were so damn high that you were going to boo them after the first period then why wasn't your ass in the seat before the start of the game?

That's the problem. 

Whatever anymore.... people are gonna be the negative pussheads they want to be.  I'm going to have to refocus on tuning it out.

Not the period I was hoping for...and just boring hockey to boot.  Not a lot of physicality, not much in the way of scoring chances...

I'm watching as always on NHL Center Ice in low definition and I am literally getting a little nauseous when the camera pans quickly; the image goes all pixelated and comes out of focus and it's giving me a headache.

They just need to start shooting the puck in the o-zone. Only make the pass if it looks like a sure thing, too early to be getting too cute

The PK goal looked like they were playing the neutral zone as if it was even strength, and then they got burned when the Bruins took it into our zone. Not very good situational awareness for the entire PK line

1 minute ago, Kruppstahl said:

I'm watching as always on NHL Center Ice in low definition and I am literally getting a little nauseous when the camera pans quickly; the image goes all pixelated and comes out of focus and it's giving me a headache.

Ah, so it's not just me!  I posted earlier that everything looked blurry on my feed.  You're right, the CenterIce feed is garbage.  I checked out the Bruins feed, but it is the same.

2 minutes ago, Iron Crotch said:

I realize it's just part of being a sports fan to get excited before each season, but this team still lacks talent. We have some good young players, but most of our off-season pickups were castoffs and non-difference makers.

Lacks talent? We've got lots of talent. But do we have coaching?

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

People who complain about the fans are the worst. The Sabres could just play better and the problem would solve itself. 

Am I supposed to only say nice things? Or am I allowed to be frustrated that Jack, for all his talent, is right back to making the same dumb plays?

No.. just don't say anything.  Accept the reality.  It's the first period for the team.  As if everything would change overnight and they'd be a 100pt team.  No, they struggled a bit and the Bruins put two in the net and now it's the end of the world?  That's the problem.  F'ing extreme society.

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

My daughter is at this game, and she is booing. She sucks? you...…...she's a Niagara U player, she expects better, much better, and ya know what...…………………………..she's right! 

How do you want me to answer that?  The fans booing the team suck, if your daughter is booing the team, then yes, for that purpose, she sucks.  I don't know what her enrollment at NU has to do with anything.  I played college level sports too.  I coach hockey and baseball.  I expect more, but I'm not a disillusioned turd blossom that goes around booing everything after 20 minutes of play.

The fans have a right to boo.  They suck for it.  I'm not some blind sycophant of the Buffalo Sabres, I'm just a realist who expected this team to improve over last year.  But 20 minutes in they could have played better, but I'm not going to boo them for it.  Jesus.

People acting like the damn President tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

Dam right we're booing, this shi* has to stop.

We will praise you when you deserve it, and boo you when you're playin like a bunch of AHL losers.

4 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

These are professionals, if they can't handle a little criticism from the fans then maybe this isn't game for them.

I don't believe there is a more loyal fan base in the NHL than the Sabres Nation, we love our team and we love our hockey.

So put the big boy boots on and cowboy the F up.

Let's Go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 3

yea, another 1st line failure...…….what else is new

1 minute ago, LTS said:

No.. just don't say anything.  Accept the reality.  It's the first period for the team.  As if everything would change overnight and they'd be a 100pt team.  No, they struggled a bit and the Bruins put two in the net and now it's the end of the world?  That's the problem.  F'ing extreme society.

How do you want me to answer that?  The fans booing the team suck, if your daughter is booing the team, then yes, for that purpose, she sucks.  I don't know what her enrollment at NU has to do with anything.  I played college level sports too.  I coach hockey and baseball.  I expect more, but I'm not a disillusioned turd blossom that goes around booing everything after 20 minutes of play.

The fans have a right to boo.  They suck for it.  I'm not some blind sycophant of the Buffalo Sabres, I'm just a realist who expected this team to improve over last year.  But 20 minutes in they could have played better, but I'm not going to boo them for it.  Jesus.

People acting like the damn President tonight.

My daughter sucks?????

Don't ever let me meet you...…..

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lacks talent? We've got lots of talent. But do we have coaching?

The talent this team has comes courtesy of sucking so badly for the past decade (Jack, Dahlin, Reinhardt, Casey)… otherwise this is a weak roster. It just is. I'll disagree with everyone around here who says our off-season additions make us better (other than Dahlin). We let two of our top four scorers walk and replaced them with castoffs and non-difference makers, although I like Skinner.

Edited by Iron Crotch
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Iron Crotch said:

The talent this team has comes courtesy of sucking so badly for the past decade (Jack, Dahlin, Reinhard, Casey)… otherwise this is a weak roster. It just is. I'll disagree with everyone around here who says our off-season additions make us better (other than Dahlin). We let two of our top four scorers walk and replaced them with castoffs and non-difference makers, although I like Skinner.

I have to disagree. Other teams manage to build winners in less time. We are in an endless rebuild.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.