GDT: Bruins at Sabres. Oct 4 7PM

spndnchz

1 minute ago, Billznut said:

The problem is he isn’t a “generational” talent as he was touted years ago. Unfortunately Sabres fans expect McDavid or Matthews type performances out of him. He’s NOT in their universe. He will need much more talent around him for this team to do anything. 

Matthew's isn't in McDavid's galaxy

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

The two biggest issues I’ve seen offensively is the absolute refusal to shoot the puck when there are open shots and passing to literally nobody. You don’t need to have a wide open net or a pile of bodies in front blocking the goalie’s view to shoot. Make a play and beat the goalie when you’ve got him one-on-one.

I’m still hopeful the passing is purely a chemistry thing.

Every time they make a no look back pass I want to know that coach is making them bag skate till they puke for that

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I didn't see anything that resembled significant improvement via offseason acquisitions, just a lot of growth potential and about a dozen new names. 

I was beating that horse around here for a while this summer and getting shouted down... so I just stopped posting for a month or two. I see no evidence that Jason Botterill has a clue how to build a playoff contending team. Talent wins games, not getting along in the room. "New" doesn't mean better. We have an unproven GM, and unproven coach and a lineup filled with unproven players and JAGs....

BTW - I don't dislike Phil Housley, but this lineup is filled with kids who needs guidance from someone who has done it for many years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Iron Crotch said:

I was beating that horse around here for a while this summer and getting shouted down... so I just stopped posting for a month or two. I see no evidence that Jason Botterill has a clue how to build a playoff contending team. Talent wins games, not getting along in the room. "New" doesn't mean better. We have an unproven GM, and unproven coach and a lineup filled with unproven players and JAGs....

BTW - I don't dislike Phil Housley, but this lineup is filled with kids who needs guidance from someone who has done it for many years.

I was on this team too. 

But I'm not going to get too emotional about a cup contender whose players have played together for years, coming off of a spanking, picking on our new team. I don't have the energy to, really. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

And Benn, Malkin, Ovechkin and half a dozen other top players. 

With Matthews? I think Matthews has a chance of being above those guys currently or in the near future, especially Benn.

It's really: McDavid, Crosby, then others, with Matthews poised to separate from that pack. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.