GDT: Bruins at Sabres. Oct 4 7PM

spndnchz

Feel like we’ve been in their zone for a majority of the game so far. Some missed passed likely a chemistry thing at this point but feels like they’re playing fast than I’ve seen in years. Early in game one and don’t love the score but feeling decent.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ubkev said:

Jack's fault. He should have buried the puck in the net, or at minimum Halak freezes it. 

He is right in front and instead of shooting, passes it up. Idiotic. Sabres have been doing this the better part of the last 8-9 years. Shoot the damn puck. Is it really that hard?

Just now, Hoss said:

Feel like we’ve been in their zone for a majority of the game so far. Some missed passed likely a chemistry thing at this point but feels like they’re playing fast than I’ve seen in years. Early in game one and don’t love the score but feeling decent.

Sums it up pretty well 

Just now, Billznut said:

He is right in front and instead of shooting, passes it up. Idiotic. Sabres have been doing this the better part of the last 8-9 years. Shoot the damn puck. Is it really that hard?

It’s something a ton of skill players do. The only real explanation is that when you hit that pass it’s either a goal or a monster save.

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think there’s some chemistry stuff that will be worked out in time. Haven’t seen too many real bad mistakes or misses.

Last shift I felt like they were skating in cement reaching for 3 passes in a row. It's early, and they don't know each other too well yet, but I'd kill to see a few crisp passes that aren't bobbled or fanned on.

Edited by ubkev

Just now, WildCard said:

He had a dumb shot but yeah he's been turning it over

So was I supposed to point out where he protected the puck nicely at the Boston blueline and slid it over nicely to the late man for a legitimate scoring chance? I’m not going to do this.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

It’s something a ton of skill players do. The only real explanation is that when you hit that pass it’s either a goal or a monster save.

It’s something the Sabres do. Year after year. Pass up perfectly good shots to instead try to pass to someone else who never has as good of position as the original shooter. It’s the Sabres way. There’s a reason they have been the lowest scoring team in the league for years. Shoot the damn puck. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.