Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

You're missing me a bit. I had them my whole life, smart boards came to my school as I was leaving.

Our office has about 2 white boards and 4 chalkboards, and I choose chalk 100% of the time

I lock everyone into my mind as the same age they were when they first joined the board. The youngsters hate it but PA loves me for it.

You're missing me a bit. I had them my whole life, smart boards came to my school as I was leaving. 

Our office has about 2 white boards and 4 chalkboards, and I choose chalk 100% of the time

Chalk way better. Much easier to wipe off the side of my left hand after writing.

@PierreVLeBrun

Paul Martin placed on buyout waivers today. Sharks confirm they're buying him out. Frees up more cap space. Sharks appreciative of what he brought while he was there. Now Martin as UFA can try to find a new opportunity.

Curious. What's the female equivalent for this saying? Seems odd to say "ovaries".

The gender neutral slang would be "Got kicked right in the balls baby maker."

And don't discount how funny it is when a woman makes reference to her balls or tells somebody to suck her dick.

But the female version of balls depends on context:

Balls out == Flaps forward

Rock out with your out == jam out with your clam out

Sack up == Beaver up

Right in the balls ==  right in the , vag, clam, ovaries, egg wallet, or papaya (Cuban)

A college professor once played a YouTube clip in a class of mine. Man, you should have been there to see his reaction to the video that he clearly had never seen before. In it, a woman referred to her “sausage wallet.” And he just about died laughing at the fact that the term “sausage wallet” was just dropped in front of his 200 person lecture hall.

I would be quite tempted to sign Orpik to a 1 (although i think it would take 2) year deal for a couple of million. Have him mentor some of the young defence

When I first read this, I thought it was a good idea.  Then I thought of Josh Gorges.  Wasn't he supposed to be that for the younger D-Men last year.  I read that the younger players just laughed him off .  The Sabres have a Hall of Fame D-Man as head coach, and a former D-Man as assistant (Hajt).  Maybe they need to spend more time mentoring.  And FWIW, Bogo always has free to mentor while he's recuperating.

When I first read this, I thought it was a good idea.  Then I thought of Josh Gorges.  Wasn't he supposed to be that for the younger D-Men last year.  I read that the younger players just laughed him off .  The Sabres have a Hall of Fame D-Man as head coach, and a former D-Man as assistant (Hajt).  Maybe they need to spend more time mentoring.  And FWIW, Bogo always has free to mentor while he's recuperating.

While true, Orpik has the advantage of having won a cup last year and playing a solid part in said success. Plus its for a single year.