Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

@PierreVLeBrun

No surprise given his season (.931 SP in 32 GP) but UFA goalie Carter Hutton's camp has heard from 8 teams today as the UFA speaking period opens. Obviously need to cut that list down and expand discussions over the next few days.

Wow, nice payday for Carlson...I'd be swiggin back a few beer tonight if I were him.

Do you think the Sabres would have any interest in Mason? He played well for us after his first two starts but couldn't stay healthy. 

@PierreVLeBrun
No surprise given his season (.931 SP in 32 GP) but UFA goalie Carter Hutton's camp has heard from 8 teams today as the UFA speaking period opens. Obviously need to cut that list down and expand discussions over the next few days.

St. Louis goalies to me are like Mitch Korn goalies. Stay away 

Wow, nice payday for Carlson...I'd be swiggin back a few beer tonight if I were him.

Do you think the Sabres would have any interest in Mason? He played well for us after his first two starts but couldn't stay healthy. 

Nah, we just dumped our Mason because of luck that his contract was up. 

I actually wouldn't mind Lehner as a back up getting about 27 games a year. The price would have to be around the 1.75m range though.

I like Mason and his 4.1m would open up some cap space but he would be good if Helle went down. 

They are talking about playing Myers on the left side paired up with Buff. Did he ever play that side for the Sabres? I was hoping they would move him this summer and free up 5.5m. He plays 3RHD behind Trouba and Buff and I really don't see the need for him. Poolman at 1m is more than adequate as a 3RHD. Myers and Buff cost us a combined 13.1m and are our 2nd pair??? Something not right there so I was just wondering if he ever played the left side while in Buffalo.

@PierreVLeBrun

Do not want.

I actually wouldn't mind Lehner as a back up getting about 27 games a year. The price would have to be around the 1.75m range though.

I like Mason and his 4.1m would open up some cap space but he would be good if Helle went down. 

They are talking about playing Myers on the left side paired up with Buff. Did he ever play that side for the Sabres? I was hoping they would move him this summer and free up 5.5m. He plays 3RHD behind Trouba and Buff and I really don't see the need for him. Poolman at 1m is more than adequate as a 3RHD. Myers and Buff cost us a combined 13.1m and are our 2nd pair??? Something not right there so I was just wondering if he ever played the left side while in Buffalo.

Don't recall him playing on the left side while he was here.

I dunno, the Blues haven't helped Jake Allen not suck.

You're just lucky we caught it in a down year for them - He was the talk of the league as far as goalies went 3 seasons ago and still had a good statistical season last year. This one the bottom fell out. I'm glad we didn't give them an extra first for him this time last summer!

The Devils with some grade A twitter stuff here; marking their calendars for the day the Kings and Kovy come to NJ

https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/1010592594492055552

Rick Nash considering retiring per the Boston Globe

https://twitter.com/markscheig/status/1010702222915710976

And yet I read an article this morning saying he is looking for a multi year deal and the team top on his list is Columbus. (Might even be the first time Columbus has been at the top of someone's list that wasnt part of a 'no trade list')

The Tavares list: https://theathletic.com/407569/2018/06/25/lebrun-notebook-john-tavares-list-of-teams-carter-hutton-and-jonathan-bernier-drawing-interest/ - Pierre Lebrun

The​ John Tavares​ sweepstakes are​ officially​ underway with​ his camp, led by agent Pat​ Brisson, finalizing the​ list​​ of teams the sought-after player will meet with. Dallas, San Jose, Toronto, Tampa and Boston will get to present to Tavares and team, in person, at the CAA offices in Los Angeles between Monday and Wednesday. Plus, of course, the Islanders remain in the mix and will get to present, too.

Edited by Skurk Liger

I don't recall him playing on the left for us either, but that's probably because we had way more LHD than RHD (and still do to this day).

To be clear, I meant if I was Tavares and had no ties to Buffalo. 

Personally, I myself would never go to Toronto, Boston, MTL, or Ottawa.

I will assume Philly was just an oversight and like you again.

I don't have the historic hatred of Philly - in my fanhood, they beat us in 7 once and we demolished them in 6 another time. Meh. 

But your favourite franchise does! You are the rightful heir to the hatred that we olds maintain for Philadelphia. Please don't leave us hanging.