Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

At one point last night Tampa had outshot Chicago 34-6...in the 2nd period

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/game.php?season=20182019&game=20116&view=limited

Edit: 

@JoeSmithTB
#tblightning with a video-game like, NHL record-setting second period, firing 34 shots on goal, now up 4-1 entering third.

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, WildCard said:

Tampa outshot Chicago 36-6 last night...in the 2nd period

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/game.php?season=20182019&game=20116&view=limited

Holy crap.  That game was on the TV next to the Sabres game so I was only partially paying attention. It was obvious that Tampa was controlling play, but holy crap... that differential.

39 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

JT at 11 million ,  Nylander 8 million, marner 9milion, Matthews will go after McDavid money, I guess 13 million.    That is half a cap on 4 forwards.

All of them producing elite-level offense. Teams don't get into cap trouble by paying elite players, they get into cap trouble by overpaying for (or over-committing to) the Milan Lucic's of the world.

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

All of them producing elite-level offense. Teams don't get into cap trouble by paying elite players, they get into cap trouble by overpaying for (or over-committing to) the Milan Lucic's of the world.

Teams get in trouble for both, it's just that you can more easily and readily identify the latter situations. You still need depth and talent across the board to win in the NHL, something we learned the hard way last year

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Teams get in trouble for both, it's just that you can more easily and readily identify the latter situations. You still need depth and talent across the board to win in the NHL, something we learned the hard way last year

How many teams are currently unable to compete because they're too shallow due to paying elite players top money? 

23 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

yes they do, but you look at the hawks and know they already have won 3 cups and you wish it were the sabres.

How many PPG players that were drafted last 5 years actually left money on the table to ice a better team.    I can only think of one.

Toronto will be in cap hell if they pay all those kids what they deserve.    Guess its a luxury for them to have it.

16 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

This thread is gloomy as Fuc** I am usually good at throwing a little lighthearted humor and defusing situations, but not here, and not lately. 

Y'all need to smoke some weed, eat some twinkies and watch impractical jokers. 

I've got 69 Jokers on DVR. ?

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

JT at 11 million ,  Nylander 8 million, marner 9milion, Matthews will go after McDavid money, I guess 13 million.    That is half a cap on 4 forwards.

That's when the NHL raises the cap significantly.  You know it will happen.

Peter Laviolette does a press conference with a bull's head.  This was a reward to the team for winning 2 games out west.  This is the kind of thing I think almost every player would like their coach to do.  Good move Pete!  And yes, the Preds have the best record in the league right now.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/25055985/coach-lightens-predators-mood-wears-bull-head-road-wins

Also, Charles Wang, that former, let's say "eccentric" owner of the Isles died Sunday.