Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

You cant come on here stating Sabres stink then advocating switching teams.  Its fine if you enjoy another team’s play or even a particular player.  But by switching teams you lose your card to criticize the Sabres.  It smacks of bandwagoneering and front ruunning. No one here is gonna tolerate that. If you don’t get that then dont let the door hit you.  If you want to analyze actually talents that is fine, bad mouthing Sabres you can no longer do.  You lost your licence.  

I may have criticized the Sabres in the past, as most here have. But did you actually read my post in this instance? All I did was bring up Vinny Trochek because he is super fun to watch. He is one of the best all around players in the league. And yes, at this point I would trade him straight up for Eichel. If you can't tolerate that, put me on ignore. It's not like I added my opinion in a GDT, I offered it in a thread made for discussion about the NHL in general. 

10 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Don't be condescending. I only follow a 2nd team because they were my local team for 22 years. It's tough not to follow them when they are 15 minutes down the street. 

I'm sorry you're offended that I follow two teams. If me following two teams offends you, somebody you don't even know personally, you need help. 

The Sabres will always be my team, but I'm not the only person that follows the rest of the league when the Sabres have nothing entertaining to offer. 

I used to root for teams outside of Western New York and my viewing area but it’s hard when you can’t watch them a lot. I have no problem with having a local team and a favorite team. I do think you “use” your Florida fancard in kinda weird ways but it is what it is.

I think it’s wild to say you’d trade Eichel for Trochek. Eichel is the better player now and will be in the future. The gap will get wider.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I used to root for teams outside of Western New York and my viewing area but it’s hard when you can’t watch them a lot. I have no problem with having a local team and a favorite team. I do think you “use” your Florida fancard in kinda weird ways but it is what it is.

I think it’s wild to say you’d trade Eichel for Trochek. Eichel is the better player now and will be in the future. The gap will get wider.

At this point, I have to disagree. Once Eichel matures and grows up, he may be the better player. But, right now, Trochek is a better player. Eichel scores, and that's it. He's not captain material, he's not a hitter, he's not defensive............... Trochek offers all of that. He is a younger version of Brad Marchand. If Eichel and Trochek were both on the same team, I wouldn't hesitate to give Trochek the C. 

And I like watching them the Panthers too, but I am never rooting for anyone but the Sabres.  I have NHLTV on my ipad iphone computer and watch a lot of hockey, hell I even enjoy watching Cindy Crosby despite thinking he is a biatch.  Only two teams I root against are the Leaves and Bastan... and cant stand the Ranger goal song... obnoxious imo.. Love watching the Caps but hate their fair weather fans and pumped in amplied cheers.  Mostly muffy and nigel politicals there to be seen.  Neither here nor there but I repeat I am not a namby pamby that switches teams at the sight of a prolonged monsoon. 

27 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I’d be interested to see how Eichel would do with Huberdeau or Barkov. Trochek scored 65% of his points last season on a line with one of both of them. Florida’s stable of forwards is impressive. Easy to root for.

I'm not saying Eichel is bad, I'm just saying Trochek brings more of the intangibles. I'd like to know your source because Barkov has spent most of his time with Dadonov. Who might be one of the best UFA signings of this decade. 

30 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I'm not saying Eichel is bad, I'm just saying Trochek brings more of the intangibles. I'd like to know your source because Barkov has spent most of his time with Dadonov. Who might be one of the best UFA signings of this decade. 

Frozen Tools. And most have been with Huberdeau but he spent time with Barkov and both in some situations last season.

6 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Uh... ? You asked what the source is and I said it then expanded on the point.

Trochek spent very little time with Barkov last year. Barkov spent most of his time with Bjugstad and Dadanov. 

Trochek brings much more to the team than Eichel does. That might change, but right now, that's the case. 

Cap hits, bang for the buck, I'd take Trochek over Eichel in a heartbeat without thinking twice. 

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

MacKinnon has 111 points in his last 82 regular season games (this year plus last year).

Their top line has 38 combined points through 8 games. 

The shift to a speedier NHL has been a part of his success I think - it plays to his strengths

1 hour ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Trochek spent very little time with Barkov last year. Barkov spent most of his time with Bjugstad and Dadanov. 

Trochek brings much more to the team than Eichel does. That might change, but right now, that's the case. 

Cap hits, bang for the buck, I'd take Trochek over Eichel in a heartbeat without thinking twice. 

That second paragraph is not written from an unbiased viewpoint.  Dude, it's cool that you're a Panthers fan and all (although it's ironic that you would become a Panthers fan, of all teams, because the Sabres were playing poorly).  But to even pretend that Trochek is a better player than Eichel at any time in our planet's present timeline is folly.  This is why you are receiving disrespect in this thread.  It's a bad opinion and one that only could result from looking through the lens of a Panther fan's eye. 

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

That second paragraph is not written from an unbiased viewpoint.  Dude, it's cool that you're a Panthers fan and all (although it's ironic that you would become a Panthers fan, of all teams, because the Sabres were playing poorly).  But to even pretend that Trochek is a better player than Eichel at any time in our planet's present timeline is folly.  This is why you are receiving disrespect in this thread.  It's a bad opinion and one that only could result from looking through the lens of a Panther fan's eye. 

It's a correct opinion. Identical scoring in the last calendar year, and elite defense versus atrocious defense.

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

It's a correct opinion. Identical scoring in the last calendar year, and elite defense versus atrocious defense.

To be fair we're getting close to upgrading from atrocious to just poor with Jack. And I can live with poor

20 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I came back to this forum with a different attitude and an open mind to keep from getting into arguments like what used to happen. I guess it wasn't me after all. 

It's no wonder nobody new joins this forum. 

It's you.

We've had three new posters in the last 2 days.

He spent 36.5% of his even strength time with one or both of Huberdeau last season. 45.3% of his ES points were with them.

Just 3.1% of Trochek’s ES time was spent with Barkov total, 13.5% of his points were from that time.

86.2% of his PP time was spent with Barkov.

This “Trochek > Eichel” thing is a mix of bias (both for Trochek/Florida and against Eichel/Buffalo and attempts to seem super smart without acknowledging the very different situations the two are in. It’s an overcompensation of our reality with the Sabres and their captain.

Edited by Hoss

14 minutes ago, Hoss said:

He spent 36.5% of his even strength time with one or both of Huberdeau last season. 45.3% of his ES points were with them.

Just 3.1% of Trochek’s ES time was spent with Barkov total, 13.5% of his points were from that time.

86.2% of his PP time was spent with Barkov.

This “Trochek > Eichel” thing is a mix of bias (both for Trochek/Florida and against Eichel/Buffalo and attempts to seem super smart without acknowledging the very different situations the two are in. It’s an overcompensation of our reality with the Sabres and their captain.

Lol, no. 

You might have a different conclusion but it isn't "that side falling prone to simple well-known logical errors while my side is foolproof"

Edited by Randall Flagg