Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

9 hours ago, pi2000 said:

At the Duck game....

20181030_202411.jpg

And a pic of the puck one of my boys got from Dahlin during warmups last week.

561858921.jpg

No wonder the Sabres won that game, it would have been horrible to see them lose to just Kariya.......

Although theres a strong chance Kariya by himself could have beat them last year.....

On 10/29/2018 at 8:35 PM, TrueBlueGED said:

Well yea, the team is good. Matthews missed 20 games last season and they still had 105 points.

Eichel and Matthews on track for pretty similar starts to their careers, at least attendance wise. 

Both with healthy rookie seasons, both suffer fairly substantial injuries in seasons 2 and 3, both to the same body part on opposite sides (ankles for Jack, shoulders for Auston). 

Edited by Thorny

20 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Barzal needs 3 points in his next 5 games to join McDavid as the only two players in the last ten years with 100 points in their first 100 NHL games. 

The Islanders are off to a very nice start this season - 6-4-1 with much better defense and goaltending than they had last year.

Looks like I may have been wrong about Barzal's drop-off without Tavares. On the other hand, early returns on "I don't think Couturier suddenly morphed from a 35 point player to an 80 point player" are pretty good. Hooray for predictions! 

27 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Looks like I may have been wrong about Barzal's drop-off without Tavares. On the other hand, early returns on "I don't think Couturier suddenly morphed from a 35 point player to an 80 point player" are pretty good. Hooray for predictions! 

From Islanders fans, he's not totally clicking yet but still has 12 pts in 11 games. Sorta like Jack. 

I recall looking in the summer and deciding that he wasn't going to hit much of a drop-off because his most played opponents were still tough with Tavares - a lot of teams used their defensive lines against Tavares which sent out Kucherov, Matthews, Malkin, Barkov etc. against Barzal with good results for him.

Hey @SDS--when someone posts a tweet, all I get is a big blue rectangle.  I can't click on it, but I can read it if I highlight it.  Mac OS 10.13.6 (I am not updating it) and Safari 12.0.

This doesn't happen at work.  (I think it's like Windows 95 there and maybe Netscape?)

Edited by Eleven

12 hours ago, Eleven said:

Hey @SDS--when someone posts a tweet, all I get is a big blue rectangle.  I can't click on it, but I can read it if I highlight it.  Mac OS 10.13.6 (I am not updating it) and Safari 12.0.

This doesn't happen at work.  (I think it's like Windows 95 there and maybe Netscape?)

Yeah, I'm still getting that as well. And If I click on a link in the tweet, the whole thing disappears for a few minutes then pops back up. If I control-click and open up the link in a new tab, I can see it. Goofy.

I'm using Firefox, though.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Yeah, I'm still getting that as well. And If I click on a link in the tweet, the whole thing disappears for a few minutes then pops back up. If I control-click and open up the link in a new tab, I can see it. Goofy.

I'm using Firefox, though.

Same but with Chrome

4 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Mmmm. Anyone hearing any new allegations on Mr Kane ? Involving a young woman over a three year period and payment for abortions ? Heard it through the grapevine. 

might be unsubstantiated or untrue but its out there.

Which Kane?

2 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Evander

An un named woman is suing for 6 million for coercing her into having 3 abortions over a three year period whereby he would pay her 3 million to do that but never paid up. Its on multiple news sources online apparently but TMZ also has it.

Just now, bunomatic said:

An un named woman is suing for 6 million for coercing her into having 3 abortions over a three year period whereby he would pay her 3 million to do that but never paid up. Its on multiple news sources online apparently but TMZ also has it.

or it could be complete bullspit ?

1 minute ago, bunomatic said:

or it could be complete bullspit ?

How f*cking stupid do you have to be to not use birth control with a woman who apparently is more fertile than the Garden of Eden?

• Like (+1) 1