Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

18 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Lol, no. 

You might have a different conclusion but it isn't "that side falling prone to simple well-known logical errors while my side is foolproof"

I find it to be a very big stretch. This isn’t like an Eichel vs Matthews or even Pastrnak conversations. It’s Vincent Trochek. He’s damn good. He’s not Eichel.

I would rather have Florida’s team than Eichel’s but if you put Eichel in Trochek’s position Florida would be a contender.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I find it to be a very big stretch. This isn’t like an Eichel vs Matthews or even Pastrnak conversations. It’s Vincent Trochek. He’s damn good. He’s not Eichel.

I would rather have Florida’s team than Eichel’s but if you put Eichel in Trochek’s position Florida would be a contender.

I don't think it is. The toughest competition of any center on either team goes to Vinny, and he still tilts the ice, something Jack has never been able to do in his career regardless of linemates, offensive zone time, or anything else. The three point difference in the most recent projected 82 game stretch for Jack, and that for Vinny, isn't enough. If Jack bumps up his scoring rate to the mid 80s like I hope (he always, always starts to take off around Christmas time) then I'm willing to change my answer, and would long-term too, but all of Jack's defensive metrics are simply abominable and that's what makes it close.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

That second paragraph is not written from an unbiased viewpoint.  Dude, it's cool that you're a Panthers fan and all (although it's ironic that you would become a Panthers fan, of all teams, because the Sabres were playing poorly).  But to even pretend that Trochek is a better player than Eichel at any time in our planet's present timeline is folly.  This is why you are receiving disrespect in this thread.  It's a bad opinion and one that only could result from looking through the lens of a Panther fan's eye. 

It's one thing to get disrespect. It's another to get attacked based on my opinion. I've been here forever and I backed off and came back hoping for a civil discussion. I've barely made a few posts and already getting trashed. 

You need to watch Panther's games, Trochek is one step above Eichel at this point. He is on par with Marchand. And Eichel isn't close to being Marchand. Bang for the buck, I'd take Trochek in a heartbeat over Eichel. Watch some Panthers games, you'll see what I'm talking about. 

I just don't appreciate the fact that I came back here with a new attitude to avoid arguments, and people like you sit here and trash my opinion and force another argument. Not going to fall for it. Argue all you want, I want no part of it. 

11 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

It's one thing to get disrespect. It's another to get attacked based on my opinion. I've been here forever and I backed off and came back hoping for a civil discussion. I've barely made a few posts and already getting trashed. 

You need to watch Panther's games, Trochek is one step above Eichel at this point. He is on par with Marchand. And Eichel isn't close to being Marchand. Bang for the buck, I'd take Trochek in a heartbeat over Eichel. Watch some Panthers games, you'll see what I'm talking about. 

I just don't appreciate the fact that I came back here with a new attitude to avoid arguments, and people like you sit here and trash my opinion and force another argument. Not going to fall for it. Argue all you want, I want no part of it. 

"How old are you?"

That was the first time it turned personal in here, and it was you asking someone else when they disagreed with you. You keep saying you've come back with a new attitude, but I'm not seeing it.

1 hour ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Proselytize for the rat-tossers all you may.  On the advice of others I won’t tell you not to do it here.  But don’t be put out about how poorly it’s received...

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

"How old are you?"

That was the first time it turned personal in here, and it was you asking someone else when they disagreed with you. You keep saying you've come back with a new attitude, but I'm not seeing it.

Well, sorry I couldn't meet your standards. When I simply mention how good a player like Trochek is and then somebody here tells me to ***** off....... what direction should I take?In the past I may have taken it personally and gotten into an argument. Now, I just take it in stride and accept the fact that some Sabres fans are entitled millennials and don't like to get their feelings hurt.  

It's pretty sad that all I did was mention a player from another team and half the board goes ballistic. 

In a thread made for talk around the NHL. 

47 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Proselytize for the rat-tossers all you may.  On the advice of others I won’t tell you not to do it here.  But don’t be put out about how poorly it’s received...

I'm sorry you are offended that I support a 2nd team. Perhaps you aren't old enough to recognize the fact that BFLO teams have sucked for well over a decade and some people are sick and tired of watching the same old crap. 

At this point, I'm finding more entertainment watching  40+ fish try to distinguish themselves in a 180 gallon tank just next to the TV as hockey is playing. Full sized leather sofa, 180 gallon fish tank and a 75" TV........ life can't get greater. 

4 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Well, sorry I couldn't meet your standards. When I simply mention how good a player like Trochek is and then somebody here tells me to ***** off....... what direction should I take?In the past I may have taken it personally and gotten into an argument. Now, I just take it in stride and accept the fact that some Sabres fans are entitled millennials and don't like to get their feelings hurt.  

It's pretty sad that all I did was mention a player from another team and half the board goes ballistic. 

Seems like the only one getting his feelings hurt is you.

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Seems like the only one getting his feelings hurt is you.

I just made a simple post about Trochek vs. Eichel. For some reason most of this forum took it personally. Everybody here is very vocal about their opinions, and they all get away with it. I spoke me mind in the past and got chastised for it. Took some time off, came back with a new attitude and refreshed personality, and I'm still getting chastised for bringing up something NHL related. I just can't gauge this group. This whole forum is very unfriendly and very un-welcoming. If this is what BFLO is about, I have no desire to ever visit the city again because you people are flat out miserable. 

3 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I just made a simple post about Trochek vs. Eichel. For some reason most of this forum took it personally. Everybody here is very vocal about their opinions, and they all get away with it. I spoke me mind in the past and got chastised for it. Took some time off, came back with a new attitude and refreshed personality, and I'm still getting chastised for bringing up something NHL related. I just can't gauge this group. This whole forum is very unfriendly and very un-welcoming. If this is what BFLO is about, I have no desire to ever visit the city again because you people are flat out miserable. 

Absolutely.  It's everybody else wth the problem, and not you.   Impossible. 

4 minutes ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Dude. Get over yourself. They disagreed with you and you got butthurt.

Have some warm milk and go night night. You'll feel better in the morning.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Dude. Get over yourself. They disagreed with you and you got butthurt.

Have some warm milk and go night night. You'll feel better in the morning.

Who is "they"? I simply made a post about Trochek vs Eichel. Nobody made me the "butthurt" poster. My god, this forum is so unwelcoming, it's unreal. 

If you want to figure out why  nobody joins this board, just look at the last few posts.............

I tried. 

Screw this place. It's a real shame a certain few ruin this entire forum. 

1 hour ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Honestly man this interaction only happens with you, and it happens every single time. 

JJ enters and says something

Poster responds

JJ says this is why he never posts and why no new members join

Posters respond

And the thread turns into a sht show

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

At this point it's like predicting the weather

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Honestly man this interaction only happens with you, and it happens every single time. 

JJ enters and says something

Poster responds

JJ says this is why he never posts and why no new members join

Posters respond

And the thread turns into a sht show

Wash. Rinse. Repeat. 

At this point it's like predicting the weather

I wish I knew why it only happens with me.

As far as weather, today's high was in the low 60's. We have officially gone the entire year without breaking 90 degrees. They're calling for high 20's here in a few hours.

You know what I see?

People all doing the same thing to each other and trying to call the other one out for it.  

I'm the problem?
No you are the problem.
No YOU are.
No YOU are.

Everyone is the problem.  No one gets a pass.  Somewhere along the way Flagg's posting support for the Trocheck numbers and everyone's ignoring that just to pile on.

5 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

I wish I knew why it only happens with me.

As far as weather, today's high was in the low 60's. We have officially gone the entire year without breaking 90 degrees. They're calling for high 20's here in a few hours.

Is that true? That's pretty amazing. We have mold growing on our mold here in the northeast this year.

7 hours ago, JJFIVEOH said:

Bro, I tried being nice to you after the initial exchange but you’ve got a very loose grip on reality. You keep insisting someone told you to “**** off.” That did not happen. You also didn’t “simply mention how good of a player Trochek is.”

I was with you on how the stuff being said in response to you was an overreaction but it seems I gave you the benefit of the doubt without knowing enough about your history.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

You know what I see?

People all doing the same thing to each other and trying to call the other one out for it.  

I'm the problem?
No you are the problem.
No YOU are.
No YOU are.

Everyone is the problem.  No one gets a pass.  Somewhere along the way Flagg's posting support for the Trocheck numbers and everyone's ignoring that just to pile on.

And even he would choose Eichel.?

1 hour ago, LTS said:

You know what I see?

I'm the problem?
No you are the problem.
No YOU are.
No YOU are.

I went back through the thread this morning to see whether there was hard statistical support for the (nonsensical) contention that Trochek was/is/ever will be a better player than Eichel and I find nothing except the fact that they've had similar point totals.  

On 10/19/2018 at 11:43 PM, Sabel79 said:

Really?  You came back and tossed out the same “I root heavily for a team other than the Sabres” thing and literally  none of us want to hear it.. but you’re probably right, ir’s Not your fault your trolling has met with negative responses, it’s all those posters with memories... f**k off.  

Hoss, nobody told me to ***** off? 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Bro, I tried being nice to you after the initial exchange but you’ve got a very loose grip on reality. You keep insisting someone told you to “**** off.” That did not happen. You also didn’t “simply mention how good of a player Trochek is.”

I was with you on how the stuff being said in response to you was an overreaction but it seems I gave you the benefit of the doubt without knowing enough about your history.

If you say so. You've been on my ass this entire thread, and you've been on my ass since day one. I don't enjoy discussing anything with you because you are very full of yourself and extremely condescending. 

Have a great day.