Stanley Cup Finals: 2018 NHL Playoffs

LGR4GM

Doc needs to quit babbling and just let the scene play out for the viewers. The guy never shuts up.

Did it ricochet as well?

I do love watching the Cup skate. I feel bad that they get cordoned off to just half the ice. Let them skate a full lap! There are people on the other side waiting for their photo op... and apparently flashes as well.

Did it ricochet as well?

I do love watching the Cup skate. I feel bad that they get cordoned off to just half the ice. Let them skate a full lap! There are people on the other side waiting for their photo op... and apparently flashes as well.

I was wondering why the skates were so short, why do they do that?

I can just see it now. 

Eichel picks up the cup, skates it around KBC. Grown men and women all over WNY bawling their eyes out. PA sipping tea, a smile on his face, noting the slight breeze coming in through the window and the gorgeous chirps of crickets coming from his backyard, cat curled at his feet. dark's booming voice heard over the din of the delirious fans. Josie rapidly sorting through art ideas to celebrate the occurrences. 

A new thread appears as Jack hands off to ROR. GASabresfan has written 7 paragraphs outlining our projected cap space, free agents, and prospects, pontificating over which free agents we might keep and which we might try and add, soberly stating his concern for the third line going into next year. Flagg and Liger start arguing about Carolina Hurricanes players in said thread. 

All is well. 

Ovi.jpg

Edited by Randall Flagg

I teared up a little for Ovi.

I haven't been as happy with a Cup outcome since the 1997 finals when we were living in Detroit.  I've always like Ovi as a player.  Hard to play against because he's rough and tumble, but also very talented.  He's what a hockey player should be.  I'm glad he got off the list of "Best Players to Not Win the Cup."

Smith-Pelly would look good in a Sabres jersey

Pelly just played his best hockey ever. This guy was pretty much on his way out of the league.

I haven't been as happy with a Cup outcome since the 1997 finals when we were living in Detroit. I've always like Ovi as a player. Hard to play against because he's rough and tumble, but also very talented. He's what a hockey player should be. I'm glad he got off the list of "Best Players to Not Win the Cup."

What’s not to like about Ovi the guy is a great player. This year he put it all together.

And ###### Russia.

The cup is going to Putin's house.

I haven't been as happy with a Cup outcome since the 1997 finals when we were living in Detroit. I've always like Ovi as a player. Hard to play against because he's rough and tumble, but also very talented. He's what a hockey player should be. I'm glad he got off the list of "Best Players to Not Win the Cup."

Have to say this season worked out great. Vegas was a good story but Ovi deserved this most of all. Edited by PromoTheRobot

###### Pelly just played his best hockey ever. This guy was pretty much on his way out of the league.

What’s not to like about Ovi the guy is a great player. This year he put it all together.

Whats that say about this Sabres roster when a guy like Smith-Pelly looks better than 80% of the team. He had a good finals and showed a never say die attitude we could only wish to have. I guess what I meant to say is we need players with his will to win.

Yeah, yeah - Ovie won his Cup.  Now he can go sit down somewhere and shut up.  I never liked him or his style of play. And for whatever reason, I've always thought that the Caps were one of the most boring franchises in NHL history, and that includes this season. Vegas winning the Cup would've been a good story, but I only cheered for them because they weren't Washington. The season is (finally!) over - let's get to the draft and the awards and then concentrate on enjoying the summer. B-)

That was classic... 

Man, you can see how much this means to Ovechkin

The whole series you could see it too.  Him winning the Conn Smythe has as much to do with him laying his body on the line to block shots as it does his scoring.  He provided the foundation for his team to win.  Every time I saw him he was like a kid, pure emotion, his expressions constantly mirroring what was happening on the ice.

I'm glad they won.  I'm happy for Ovechkin.

I'm glad we can now get onto the business that is the Buffalo Sabres 2018-2019 season.

In his defense, he probably had no choice but to support Putin. Doesn't want to take a fall from five stories of a Moscow apartment building

Yeh probably true and better Caps than Vegas.. outta principle didnt want an expansion team winning it all.

Back in february there was a thread of who would win the cup.  I figured it would really be a tossup between nashville and the caps. 

i picked the caps to win it back based off of how badly they beat the sabres and the wild. (i follow the wild too).I felt this way because the wild was a good team, and they could go head to head with nashville and it was honestly pretty evenly matched, but they were beaten easily by washington on the multiple times they played each other. Washington looked head and shoulders better. 

With that being said, between washington and vegas, i wanted vegas to win just for the sake of an expansion team winning in their first season. 

I just wish i put money on the caps in february when i picked them. i would be a happy fellow today

Edited by rekim

Whats that say about this Sabres roster when a guy like Smith-Pelly looks better than 80% of the team. He had a good finals and showed a never say die attitude we could only wish to have. I guess what I meant to say is we need players with his will to win.

True.  Though he's not the most talented player around, what he does better than many is "finish."  He truly showed that proclivity in the playoffs. 

Yeah, yeah - Ovie won his Cup.  Now he can go sit down somewhere and shut up.  I never liked him or his style of play. And for whatever reason, I've always thought that the Caps were one of the most boring franchises in NHL history, and that includes this season. Vegas winning the Cup would've been a good story, but I only cheered for them because they weren't Washington. The season is (finally!) over - let's get to the draft and the awards and then concentrate on enjoying the summer. B-)

If the Sabres win the Cup and are boring, it'll work for me and probably many others.

True.  Though he's not the most talented player around, what he does better than many is "finish."  He truly showed that proclivity in the playoffs. 

This is called recency bias.  Smith-Pelly is not good and we should not expect him to be so on the Sabres. He had a good couple playoffs games and they came in the final. That's great in all but we can't even make the playoffs let alone the finals and a guy with a career sh% like Pelly, doesn't move the needle on a team that is desperate for depth scoring like the Sabres.