Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Just to add another voice to the ROR mix:

Dan BuffaVerified account @buffa82

#STLBlues, keep your pants on, but I’m hearing from an anonymous source that Ryan O’Reilly is done in Buffalo. Blues and Canadiens in play. O’Reilly’s locker is cleaned up and scrubbed. He’s gone. Possible package going to BUFF: Thomas, Anderson, 2019 first round pick.

Dan BuffaVerified account @buffa82 3h3 hours ago

Blues also trying to dump Vladimir Sobotka on Buffalo as well. Fluid situation. We shall see. Deal would be announced on July 1. Again, just a possible rumor and may or may not happen, but my source is rock solid and a good dude.

Retweeted by White from Dan Buffa

#STLBlues, keep your pants on, but I’m hearing from an anonymous source that Ryan O’Reilly is done in Buffalo.

Blues and Canadiens in play. O’Reilly’s locker is cleaned up and scrubbed. He’s gone.

Possible package going to BUFF: Thomas, Andersson, 2019 first round pick.

Later he says Nylander is going as well

Retweeted by White from Dan Buffa

#STLBlues, keep your pants on, but I’m hearing from an anonymous source that Ryan O’Reilly is done in Buffalo.

Blues and Canadiens in play. O’Reilly’s locker is cleaned up and scrubbed. He’s gone.

Possible package going to BUFF: Thomas, Andersson, 2019 first round pick.

Later he says Nylander is going as well

Who's this?

Unless we flip the Blues and SJ 1st for an NHL player, I am not a fan. Or unless Andersson is actually something.

Edit: He's just some JAG in Sweden taken last year by the Blues. Big LHD

If this is the trade, I hate it

White retweeting that is interesting. I trust his guy more than I trust Dreger.

Same actually

Edited by WildCard

Been saying on this board for years that I think Risto is overrated. In my opinion, he isn't that great in his own zone and never was. That and Housley doesn't like that he is the last one on the ice and first off of it at practice. IMHO, he's one of the few assets we have that could fetch a considerable return. And, if we're looking to shake up team chemistry, moving Risto would certainly do so.

If he was as bad as you seem to think he is we shouldn't need to acquire another RHD to make him expendable then. We could just play another of the 10 LHD we now have on their off hand and that should improve the team.

Blues Fans Twitter is going apoplectic about possibly losing Robert Thomas. He was ranked 5th overall by Pronman in Drafted Prospects, Mittelstadt was 1st.

I still think he flips one of those firsts for an established player.

Makes sense. He'd have 3 next year if that trade is right. Not doing getting an NHL starter back in this trade is livable if you use some of the stuff from it to get one. Or if you use the space to buy one in FA.

I love that Flagg is validating my 2 year hatred of KO with such amazing numbers and charts. I have none of that, just my bleeding eyes from watching him play hockey.

:lol:

Blues Fans Twitter is going apoplectic about possibly losing Robert Thomas. He was ranked 5th overall by Pronman in Drafted Prospects, Mittelstadt was 1st.

I still think he flips one of those firsts for an established player.

Apparently I'm the only one not on board with Thomas

:lol:

Apparently I'm the only one not on board with Thomas

Thomas is lesser ROR. Lesser in the sense he hasn't made the NHL and done what ROR has but I think ROR is his ceiling. He skates faster than ROR but I don't think by a ton. I'm not in love with Thomas to be truthful, he's just kinda okay it everything. 

Thomas is lesser ROR. Lesser in the sense he hasn't made the NHL and done what ROR has but I think ROR is his ceiling. He skates faster than ROR but I don't think by a ton. I'm not in love with Thomas to be truthful, he's just kinda okay it everything. 

That's kind of the sense I've gotten from the reports I've read. And honestly, that's not anything I'm remotely interested in. He'd have to be significantly faster and offensive than RoR for me to like this, cause he's not gonna be better defensively 

Makes sense. He'd have 3 next year if that trade is right. Not doing getting an NHL starter back in this trade is livable if you use some of the stuff from it to get one. Or if you use the space to buy one in FA.

Right. I think this trade, if it happens, would only be a part of another trade. 3 first rounds picks in 2019 should be enough to get you a second line center from a team looking to rebuild...

I really like Thomas as a prospect because I think he could one day become ROR.

That's not the same as having ROR. We take all the risk in a swap with those two as the main parts.

Adding Nylander for a 1st and a second to the deal doesn't come close to making up the difference.

Right. I think this trade, if it happens, would only be a part of another trade. 3 first rounds picks in 2019 should be enough to get you a second line center from a team looking to rebuild...

1st round pick and a player should get you a 2nd line fill in center. 

The offer has to blow me away. It can't just be fair market value

Also for everyone saying we have the impact pieces drafted and so can settle for just drafting supporting pieces... this is why you benefit if you dont draft like crap. You can trade a 20th pick for one of the best centres in the game.

That's kind of the sense I've gotten from the reports I've read. And honestly, that's not anything I'm remotely interested in. He'd have to be significantly faster and offensive than RoR for me to like this, cause he's not gonna be better defensively 

I'm in the boat of Kyrou, 1st round, and Parayko for ROR and something. 

Would you trade a 1st to Ottawa for Pageau? 

No because giving Ottawa anymore first round picks for ppl. 

Perhaps it's addition by subtraction...

If you believe the team will play better because ROR is not there, then the question is will the team's improvement without ROR equal or exceed what they would do with ROR?  Do you believe the team might actually regress because ROR is STILL there?

It's the Avalanche scenario from last year to a certain degree.

Either way, I am glad July 1 is a Sunday.  :)

Whatever happens with this trade, I'm looking forward to logging on here so you guys can tell me if it was good or not, because I have no idea anymore.

Whatever happens, I will be reserving my judgment until it's obvious that Botterill is done. Because I just feel like anything else would be presumptuous.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.