GDT Sabres at Ottawa 3/8/18 7:30pm MSG GR

Brawndo

I, for one, am super excited for this game because Housley is amazing. Botterill just needs to replace the entire roster with 23 McDavids and our Lord and saviour Phil Housley will have this team on the precipice of the playoffs next season.

I just love how he has these guys competing night in and night out. Makes it fun to watch when you know they're emptying the tank each every shift because they have so much respect for their head coach and don't want him to lose his job. They really give that extra effort, nobody wants to let up or face a benching. He really has everyone buying in, pulling in the same direction... what a great leader of men he is.

I, for one, am super excited for this game because Housley is amazing. Botterill just needs to replace the entire roster with 23 McDavids and our Lord and saviour Phil Housley will have this team on the precipice of the playoffs next season.

I just love how he has these guys competing night in and night out. Makes it fun to watch when you know they're emptying the tank each every shift because they have so much respect for their head coach and don't want him to lose his job. They really give that extra effort, nobody wants to let up or face a benching. He really has everyone buying in, pulling in the same direction... what a great leader of men he is.

Picking up on your sarcasm there, friend...

While I think you are putting too much emphasis on Housley here I do like your new positive outlook on the team.  It's a step in the right direction, keep it up.

Another game... sweet.  Hopefully they play better tonight.  If not I am sure I will find something else to do pretty quickly.

I love it when Pi focuses in on a whipping boy. Let's hope it turns out the same way as Austin Matthews.....

Which reminds me, when do we no longer have to look at his hideous Austin Matthews avatar?

Also, thread has been open for 9 hours and still no pin? Sign of the times man. :bag:

I love it when Pi focuses in on a whipping boy. Let's hope it turns out the same way as Austin Matthews.....

btw, my Matthews prediction is right on schedule....

https://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/25138-this-season-im-most-excited-for/page-2?do=findComment&comment=970044

...2 years in, he's clearly not even the best player in his draft class.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2016e.html

But lets stay on topic here boys!  This is a GDT.   I'll make a prediction... these are the games where BUF wins big.   The laid an egg at home last night, going on the road they'll play like playoff contenders.  

Maybe Housley can stay on as the road coach?   Bring in Bylsma to coach home games... they won 40 home games under Bylsma's watch the two seasons he was here. 

This is a big game that will have monumental ramifications on the CHL standings (is that thread still active?).

I'll come out an say it: I want the team to lose tonight.

We have to work under the assumption that the lottery odds will bump us 3 spots down the list and I want to draft no later than 4th.

Must lose boys!

(I'm fully expecting them to win in some act of cosmic spite).

This is a big game that will have monumental ramifications on the CHL standings (is that thread still active?).

I'll come out an say it: I want the team to lose tonight.

We have to work under the assumption that the lottery odds will bump us 3 spots down the list and I want to draft no later than 4th.

Must lose boys!

(I'm fully expecting them to win in some act of cosmic spite).

Yup, it took until March 8th but I am fully on board with losing out.....

Now this is a different GDT.  

Ok then, I'm in with the majority.

This is a must lose game. 

Need to hold on firmly to that last place finish.....

Now if this goes like the season has so far, when we all wanted wins we got losses.  So if majority here is hoping for a loss I fully expect they'll win...  

Now if this goes like the season has so far, when we all wanted wins we got losses. So if majority here is hoping for a loss I fully expect they'll win...

I fully expect them to win something crazy like 10 or 12 of their last 15 games and finish 25th overall while drafting 9th.

I hope they get blown out again, they don't deserve to win

Deserving is game-by-game. They deserved to get crushed by Calgary based on how they played. But if the Sabres come out and play like they have against Boston, then they'll deserve to win.

Let's win this game! If we finish last, that's fine, but the draft order percentages and the picking for each of the top three picks... finishing last isn't nearly so important as it was for McJesus/Eichel. Let's win, let the ping-pong balls fall where they might, and take our guaranteed top 6 pick and move on. Let's win and have some fun. The GDTs are more jovial when we win.

Now if this goes like the season has so far, when we all wanted wins we got losses.  So if majority here is hoping for a loss I fully expect they'll win...

Nope. Win what they can & let the chips fall where they may. Dahlin is the true prize & there isn't enough of a difference in odds between 31st and 27th to justify losing out.

This team has to start winning at some point. Tonight's as good as any to start.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.